Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

226 posts, read 230,702 times

Advertisements

CNN reporter is calling Dr. Di Maio's testimony "a piece by piece evisceration of the prosecution's case".

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We've all had a few brain injuries back in our younger days

I think it's called stupidity. Some of mine never healed.
LOL no truer words. Hockey?? Oh yeah. Karate?? Oh I wish I slipped and ducked a few of those hits.
Fortunately this damage hasn't caused me to have the uncontrollable urge to follow people around at night or carry a weapon that is unsafe.
It has caused me the uncontrollable urge to put hot sauce on everything. LOL

Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,109,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How do you know how he got that jewelry?

If it was stolen, how do you know that someone else didn't commit the actual burglary?

Oh, that's right - you don't know. To both questions.
Even if he didn't commit the burglary he was guilty of possessing stolen property. The fact that he also had a burglary tool in his possession at the same time lends credence to him being the burglar.

226 posts, read 230,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
After all the mistakes pointed out so far by this new doctor I'd say Bao needs to go back to school, not just read a book.
What we are witnessing is the difference between a brilliant pathologist and some incompetent Third World bungler.

20,300 posts, read 22,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Definite evidence of 6 impacts. Might have been more, but 6 for sure.
Definite opinion about a potential of 6 impacts or more. Another ME said otherwise. The question is which one to believe?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,089,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL no truer words. Hockey?? Oh yeah. Karate?? Oh I wish I slipped and ducked a few of those hits.
Fortunately this damage hasn't caused me to have the uncontrollable urge to follow people around at night or carry a weapon that is unsafe.
It has caused me the uncontrollable urge to put hot sauce on everything. LOL
It would seem to me the only weapon that was "unsafe" that night were the fists belonging to T.M..

5,767 posts, read 5,026,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So because the M.E. is testifying for the defense he's paid off? Would y'all be saying that if he was testifying for the state? Somehow me thinks not.

As was stated since this guy got on the stand, he literally wrote the book of forensics and so knows more than anyone in that courtroom and dare I say (considering all the legal eagles on here) anyone who's posting here.

Just because he's saying things you disagree with doesn't make them untrue. Deal with it, it's all part of this process y'all were championing just a few days ago.

General Information About Expert Witnesses and Consultants

Most experts who testify are paid at rates comparable to the normal fees they earn from other assignments. You can bet the question of the expert's fees -- if not brought up by the lawyer retaining you -- will come up in the course of the other side's cross-examination. If the amount is out of line, the judge or jury might just conclude that the expert is being paid more than usual in an effort to "sway" his or her testimony. For example, if a dentist typically generates fees of $150 per hour, s/he will generally charge something similar per hour for taking on a matter as an expert. Were the dentist to charge $500 per hour, how would you as a juror react? (You'd probably conclude that the witness was being paid an extra $350 per hour in an effort to buy the testimony.) However, it is not all that unusual for the expert to be paid slightly more for appearing at trial, than doing ordinary office work. (Doctors typically charge more for performing an hour of surgery than for an hour long office visit.)

10,553 posts, read 9,675,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Honest question for you - I really would like a truthful answer:

Is there any evidence that could come to light that would change your opinion? That would make you believe that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self defense?
Not much, because the facts remain that Zimmerman, an armed man 11 years Trayvon's senior, followed Trayvon, a boy who was doing nothing wrong, he followed him in his car and foot, on a dark and rainy night, in a menacing, threatening manner, had at least three opportunities to identify himself as neighborhood watch, provoked a fight, and then instead of defending himself with equal force, i.e. using his body to defend himself, he resorted to lethal force to fend off an unarmed boy.

I don't care who punched who first or that he was losing the fight, he brought on the incident with his actions, and an innocent teenager lost his life as a result. There is no way Trayvon would have tangled with Zimmerman or died that night without Zimmerman initiating this whole thing, and resorting to deadly force.

Also, no matter all these ifs, and could haves, there is no evidence that this beating was life-threatening or that Trayvon would ever have killed George. Trayvon was not a cold-blooded murderer. It's all could haves, and going on the racist presumption that every black teenage boy could be a killer. The expert was very careful and well-rehearsed. When they asked about head injury. He kept saying a severe head injury could result in concussion etc. He never said that Zimmerman's head or face injuries were severe. A fractured nose is not a severe injury.

The physician's assistant who actually saw Zimmerman and assessed his real symptoms, not could-haves, never said in her report that Zimmerman had severe injuries.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM

40,994 posts, read 49,371,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How do you know how he got that jewelry?

If it was stolen, how do you know that someone else didn't commit the actual burglary?.
You're right. Just because they were in Trayvons backpack along with a flat blade screwdriver doesn't mean he stole them.

I used to tell my Mom... "It's not mine, I'm just holding it for a friend"

No mother has ever bought that story.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,530,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Zim is a wimp, that's why.
When it was all over... the soft, fat, wimp was alive, not the other guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies