Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Because a gun was used, there is a minimum charge, I believe, of ten years. I'll bet the jury doesn't even know this.
Yes. It is called "minimum mandatory". Essentially that is a defined amount of time added to whatever the sentence is.
Here is just one link:http://www.attorneys.com/criminal-de...ntencing-laws/

Last edited by JanND; 07-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dogs howl when Nancy Grace talks.
I tried to listen to her on XM while in my car, re the trial, but I Just couldn't follow the discussions all going on at the same time. I did hear one thing on her recorded lead in to her show that she is a former prosecutor. I have to believe she is former because she would never let the witnesses speak before she interrupted them, and ended up getting thrown out of court more than once.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
He had called police. While talking to them TM slipped between the houses and was out of GZs sight. He wanted to regain sight of TM so that when the police arrived he could tell them where TM was. That's why he got out of the truck. Not smart, but not ileagal. He had no reason to believe it would get physical. He just wanted to keep an eye on him.
They told him that he didn't need to do that but he still kept going. You know those 4 minutes that he had to get back to his truck.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Im listening how they are commenting about the jury now on my new found channel HLN. They are discussing the all female jury. Some of them seems to think Women can't keep their motions out of it.
The prosecution certainly had the upper hand with an emotional argument. I don't know how the jury was selected but I wonder if the prosecution struck the men from the jury. If so, that's grounds for appeal.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He thought Trayvon was committing a crime and he also suspected he had something hidden in his pants, possibly a weapon.

Still claim he had no reason to believe it would get physical????? Come on.
Zimmerman said that the had something in his pants (TM) but I don't for one minute think that GZ would have followed him if he thought TM had a gun.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The state and the FBI who issued his license seems to disagree with you.
just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:15 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The prosecution certainly had the upper hand with an emotional argument. I don't know how the jury was selected but I wonder if the prosecution struck the men from the jury. If so, that's grounds for appeal.
That would make sense since they knew they were going to make a play for the Murder3 due to child abuse charge.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I've thought about that quite a bit, and I agree with you. Once the prosecution was allowed to bring up the MMA dude and all of that, Trayvon's past and recent history was fair game. I don't know the details of whatever evidence they actually had on Trayvon, so maybe that's pertinent as well.
Details regarding Martin were not brought in because it was not allowed by the rules of evidence/procedure. (law) Not legal to bring in Martin's past because NO ONE on the prosecution side brought into evidence his reputation/character. The closest they came to that was the toxicology report and the nano-amount of THC in his blood and the DEFENSE CHOSE TO NOT USE THAT. Guess you guys should start considering how you can get the Rules of Evidence and Procedure changed in the State of Florida and nationally.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Look at the photos. More importantly listen to the tape. The screams went on for about a minute. Do you have any idea how long that is in terms of a beating? Yes, that constitutes a brutal attack.
We don't know who did they screaming. It could have been TM also. The gun stopped in mid scream when the gun went off.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:19 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't know.

It's clear Martin circled back to George because he wanted to show a thing or two to a creepy azzed cracka. Would he have done what he did had George been black? I say no.

It's clear George did not call in or shoot Trayvon or anything because Trayvon was black. Would he have done what he did if Trayvon had been white or hispanic? I say yes.

You tell me......who's the racist?
Could be right in both cases. I know when the language came out in Raechel's testimony, it must have made liberals cringe. Their ideology does not allow them to think that way, either in Chicago, or Florida, or anywhere. I do believe that in this case, if Trayvon was white, it not only wouldn't have made the news much, but that most supporting the black Trayvon would not have given a hoot about a white Trayvon.

There are still many on this board and elsewhere that don't care if George really broke the law. They want a conviction any way they can get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies