Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
ACCUSED....|
Fixed it for you. Accused. Nuff said. Bye

Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,062,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If he was within his rights to follow Trayvon because he deemed him suspicious, than Trayvon was also within his rights to follow Zimmerman who he deemed suspicious. Don't you agree?
Certainly. But what would Trayvon's motives have been and why didn't he call the police if his goal was to keep an eye on the creepy-assed cracker so that he could help locate him when the police arrived? Did the allegedly inept prosecution fail to present Trayvon's call to the police?

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Sure he is, otherwise Zimmerman would have been convicted
He just got away with his crime. That's all.

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You and me are struggling close quarters, I pull a gun from my waistband. How much time do I have to aim before you knock the gun out of the way, or take it from me? There is no aiming in close quarter struggling. I teach people to fire at center of mass IF they have time.
Zimmie testified that he aimed. Do we not believe him now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The "fighting system"?? I'm sorry what "fighting system" are you talking about??? During the advent of the UFC it wasn't constrained to "mixed martial arts" like it is now... Ken Shamrock was a GRAPPLER too....a much BIGGER GRAPPLER..

So...how bout some smaller non grapplers who BEAT DOWN bigger guys??

Tank Abbott lost to Don Frye

Dan Severn lost to Mark Coleman and Forrest Griffin

Gary Goodridge got his hide WHOOPED by Mark Schultz and Don Frye

I'd like to refer you to some dialogue from The Big Lebowski

Remember what they told Donnie to do when he was out of his.element?
Please take this to the boxing forum and quit hijacking this one!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Sounds like a good waste of time and money

have at it
Much more worthwhile than donating to Zimmerman's defense/$12,000 a month living expense fund.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
A general question to those accusing TM supporters of being "racist" or race baiting. How is anybody race baiting? He was profiled, it's plain and simple as that. I bet you believe people who believed what happened to Emmet Till was wrong are race baiters as well.

What I find even more appalling is that people try to act like these problems don't exist and therefore they never get addressed. It doesn't help anybody.

Also, and I'm not naming names, but those of you who do hold racist beliefs, just come on out and say it. You have a right to hold whatever beliefs you want. I respect the KKK more than I do a lot of the passive-aggressive chicken s*** posters I've encountered in this thread. At least they're honest about their beliefs. Get down to the heart of it and stop using other scape goat, misinformed arguments.
Your obsession with Emmet Till is unhealthy.

The more people use Emmet Till as the reason for today's racial divide, the less credible they become.

Here's a clue: Idiots like 0bama, Frederica, Hank, Al, etc, are largely responsible for current racial division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
First of all, of Zimmerman ignored police direction not to follow him and went to confront TM himself, who is to say that he didn't put TM into a situation to defend himself. That's an answer I have yet to hear a GZ supporter give. We're only getting one side of the story. Because the only other person that could tell us what really happened is dead.
Didn't watch the trial or see any evidence, did you! The reason you aren't getting answers is because your theory is just plain wrong, as in inaccurate wrong. Everything you say is wrong.

But keep on believing. Makes no difference to me.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
There does not have to be any injuries for self defense to be used. That seems to elude your comprehension.
That's legally true. In a case like this, the absence of any injuries would have tanked the defense case.

3,040 posts, read 2,578,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Only after you detail any arrests, charges or convictions for Trayvon Martin.

But on the other hand, here ya go:

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.
  • In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
  • In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.
  • Witness No. 9 (his cousin) accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”
George Zimmerman

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News
AGAIN,

If this were true or charges filed, HE WOULD NOT BE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO OWN A FIREARM!!

6,454 posts, read 7,008,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
He just got away with his crime. That's all.
Negative, he was not convicted, you're just wrong.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:46 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Much more worthwhile than donating to Zimmerman's defense/$12,000 a month living expense fund.
Ill gladly donate a few bucks to someone who will need security to defend against ravaging liberals. Much more worthy cause than a stupid, racist witch hunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies