Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is an excellent point.

I don't know about anyone else, but if someone is following me in the dark, I pretty much assume they are looking for trouble and probably mean to harm me. I don't assume they are a security guard or neighborhood watch captain.

Trayvon had every right to turn the tables and approach Zimmerman. We simply don't know who said what at that point, because there ARE NO WITNESSES other than the defendant. The only other person who was there is dead and in the ground. We have no idea who said what, and we have no idea who attacked who first or why.
I know you're smarter than to believe this, even though you've repeated it several times.

So...............assuming we don't know, that's even more reason for George to be acquitted. We don't put people in prison for 30 years when "we don't know".

Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What do we tell these babies?
Tell them to NOT commit the crime of battery. Pretty simple.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:46 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Who cares if his nose was broken or not? What matters is that it was evident that he was getting hit in the face. For self defense you don't even have to have evidence of severe injury, only the fear of severe injury is enough. The evidence of previous injury is additional confirmation to allow self defense against someone still threatening to do more bodily harm.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're dead wrong. There were hugs and tears a'plenty. He kept his poker face until after court had dispersed.

If he had broken into cheers and smiles, you would have said he was celebrating being a murderer.

No matter what he does, you and others will find fault. As long as he remembers that and doesn't attempt to act like people think he should act, he'll be fine.
You're right. He should feel bad about being a murderer and let the right-wingers do the celebrating.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Then TM would have evidence(bruising, bloody nose etc.) of assault to him....
GZ carried a loaded weapon so that he would not have to man up and fight clean. How do you know how he confrionted GZ? He admitted to reaching into his pocket in front of TM. How was TM supposed to know that GZ carrried his gun under his jacket? Would you not attempt to defend youself if you thought that someone was reaching for their weapon? GZ did not identify himself and he had more that one opportunity. He was hoping for a confrontation and there is no other explanation for his refusal to defuse the situation by simply stating his business.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:48 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post

If Zimmerman had all of this MMA training, then how come there wasn't any evidence of being punched or hit on Trayon? Why is all of the physical evidence of attack on Zimmerman?
Excellent question!

Answer: porky had a gun. Why hurt your hand when you can just expend a cheap bullet?

One punch and porky had the gun out, if not before the punch.

He wasn't going to 'let this one get away'.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
I have a really hard time with people on this board what cannot stop the name calling of either Treyvon or Zimmerman. Especially when they attacking someone for their appearance. For the one person who keeps calling Zimmerman "porky". I have been looking at your profile picture. You if anybody should not be insulting people for their looks. Just saying.

But the same goes for those who keeps calling Teyvon a thug. Knock it off. Non of us know these people. And it is quit disrespectful to his parents to call him that. You may not think they read this, but the truth is, you just don't know.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Read some of the posts on this forum. Claiming GZ was badly beaten. Claiming it is a great day for gun owners. The excuses made for very stupid actions.
I am no liberal and I am a gun owner, I also have a CCW. I feel GZ deserved to be acquitted not because he is innocent of wrong doing, but because the state failed to prove he was guilty of the crime in which they charged GZ. I honestly believe GZ was afraid for his life. I also believe that he initiated the problem, he profiled, he followed , he violated the rules of his own watch group. he was caught lying multiple times.
He is fortunate that there were no witnesses to what really happened. many guilty people have walked due to lack of witnesses.
This is exactly what I thought. He was racial profiling. And a crappy cop that shouldn't be one. The law was on his side this time. I don't condone the young boy smashing his head either.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Excellent question!

Answer: porky had a gun. Why hurt your hand when you can just expend a cheap bullet?

One punch and porky had the gun out, if not before the punch.

He wasn't going to 'let this one get away'.
If Porky had his gun out before the punch why was Soon to be ventilated Thugvon on top of him?

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
[quote=tickyul;30486361]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I agree. I think they'll go for manslaughter. They don't want to be maligned like the Anthony jurors. Too bad they don't know manslaughter carries 30 years.

Or if just one juror has common sense, hung.

If it's hung, I don't think they'll try the thing again.[/quote]

I get the very strong feeling MypeopleHolder is going to soon announce charges??????
Well the FBI didn't find anything so Holder is wasting time and money. Hard to believe that racist terrorist defender still has a job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies