Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama can't win with you no matter what he does. If he hadn't called for calm and peace, then you'd be here degrading for not doing just what he did.
But did he stop there? No. He had to use Martin, as he did Sandy kids, to again push for gun control. Everything he does has another motive. He should've stopped at calling for calm and then shut up.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm actually happy that there hasn't been major rioting
As am I. It means the government, media, and private organization/party race-baiters FAILED to whip the public into a fake manufactured frenzy.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama can't win with you no matter what he does. If he hadn't called for calm and peace, then you'd be here degrading for not doing just what he did.
That's not the point, many civil rights leaders have called for calm. The OP is trying to label people thinking there would be riots as racists itching for some sort of race war.

Examples like Obama etc. clearly refute that.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'm not surprised. This is an immature display in the face of a verdict they "don't like". They don't realize that they're protesting the system of justice we have. If they don't like it they should work to change it.

It's time people realized that they don't always get what they want, what they want isn't always right, and being thwarted doesn't justify a temper tantrum that destroys property and hurts others along the way.

What we are seeing is *their* racism (and ignorance) on display.
Maybe you should have looked at photos of how people expressed themselves. You would have also seen that 'THEY' were comprised of black, white and Hispanic people of all ages.

I will admit I was wrong. Between the media, the warnings that were coming out from both sides, asking that people don't riot (that would seem that the messengers had concern about riots) that we should brace ourselves for riots, I fed into it and reacted thinking/expecting some riots, and there were none - with the exception of Oakland, which was not a riot per se. There was vandalism, but no racial clashes.

If you go back to the very beginning of this case, the police were judge and jury, without any investigation, did not arrest and GZ was released based on his word, that he shot TM in self defense. What kind of law allows someone to kill someone, claim self-defense, the police determine it wasn't, and then you get to walk?

I'm glad the vigils and protests went the way they did. TM's parents didn't want to have TM's death remembered for setting off riots. What they do hope for is that the law and justice is fair for all.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Forces (both black and white racists) and the media have been clamoring to turn the Zimmerman case into some sort of race war. I don't know why; it seems kind of sick to me.

The case isn't really about race outside of the participants being of different ones. The only thing it's about is the stand your ground law. It seems terribly wrong and disgusting that people would want me to believe one way or the other based on the color of my skin.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Seems to me the media is pushing this rather hard.
It's like they WANT people to riot over this.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:20 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How do you feel for posting such a dumb thread, and then actualy having a riot?

Oakland Riots After George Zimmerman Verdict Were Smaller Than First Reported

They were small, but a riot is a riot....

Now, here comes the "look at the source" BS from the left.....3-2-1...GOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo
OP said "race" riots, you must be crushed that there are none yet

Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
If white people are involve in the "race" riots, then wouldn't it be considered "bi-racial" riots?

You people are amusingly predictable. Waasamatter RWers? Disappointed you couldn't go out and shoot some brown folks?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If white people are involve in the "race" riots, then wouldn't it be considered "bi-racial" riots?

You people are amusingly predictable. Waasamatter RWers? Disappointed you couldn't go out and shoot some brown folks?
They are still claiming that there is still time for these riots to occur

Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
They are still claiming that there is still time for these riots to occur

I expected some violence, but nothing came close to riots, at least not on the scale of the Rodney King and McDuffy riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies