Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times

Advertisements

Terrible thing that happened and these teens should be punished severely.

I do think the school left him incredibly vulnerable and they should be held accountable for their negligence. I mean, allowing these boys to ride the same bus with the "snitch"? And the school was comprised of teens with behavioral issues? This was a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm thankful the boy is okay and that the teens will be held accountable for their actions. I don't think this was race-motivated. This was nothing more than getting revenge on someone who tried to get them in trouble...not a foreign concept among teens. Those playing the race card need to quit it. And those acting like teen fights are a common phenomenon need to realize that there is a world outside of TV and Youtube videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM

4,136 posts, read 2,839,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who ever claimed that "no one" is talking about it?

please copy/paste their quote(s) here

The OP?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,232,713 times
"Because kids are always whipping some other kid's ass somewhere in America.

Did the kid die? Apparently not.

That's why."

Two kids scrapping is one thing, but 3 on 1 resulting in broken bones demonstrates the ganster mentality endorsed as part of the culture in some demographics. That is why the law appears so alien to those that hold such beliefs. The lines between crime and horseplay have been obscured by the gangster mentality with assistance form the media.

There is class warfare.

There are two classes in society where one thinks its legal to physically assault someone for name calling or being dissed and the other who shows restraint because of potential consequences.

This is why stricter laws will never work... the criminal elemment and that part of the culture who hold a ganster mentality simply do not subscribe to the latest legislation and consequences.

The big story here is the fear instilled in citizens by social justice lawyers where an adult stands by and lets a child be seriously beaten by thugs disguised as 'children' though they be the age of the average gang member.

When the law is the sole guardian of human behavior this is what results.
The law is meant as backup to the moral upbringing by family, church and community. Alone, the law is ineffective except in a police state.

The media stays away from such crimes as they side with and fear the Sharptons who will charge them with racism for reporting such a story and not enough white generated crimes.

To not report this story and examine all its angles is acceptance of the gangster mentality taking hold in modern culture and the big conflict is with the law vs the cultural laws.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:46 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Because kids are always whipping some other kid's ass somewhere in America.

Did the kid die? Apparently not.

That's why."

Two kids scrapping is one thing, but 3 on 1 resulting in broken bones demonstrates the ganster mentality endorsed as part of the culture in some demographics. That is why the law appears so alien to those that hold such beliefs. The lines between crime and horseplay have been obscured by the gangster mentality with assistance form the media.

There is class warfare.

There are two classes in society where one thinks its legal to physically assault someone for name calling or being dissed and the other who shows restraint because of potential consequences.

This is why stricter laws will never work... the criminal elemment and that part of the culture who hold a ganster mentality simply do not subscribe to the latest legislation and consequences.

The big story here is the fear instilled in citizens by social justice lawyers where an adult stands by and lets a child be seriously beaten by thugs disguised as 'children' though they be the age of the average gang member.

When the law is the sole guardian of human behavior this is what results.
The law is meant as backup to the moral upbringing by family, church and community. Alone, the law is ineffective except in a police state.

The media stays away from such crimes as they side with and fear the Sharptons who will charge them with racism for reporting such a story and not enough white generated crimes.

To not report this story and examine all its angles is acceptance of the gangster mentality taking hold in modern culture and the big conflict is with the law vs the cultural laws.
Your comment has absolutely no relation to what happened in this case. Might want to save this rant for another day.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. You could tell from his voice on call to dispatch that he was terrified. But I just feel that he could have done something more. The way those boys were kicking, I am surprised the other child was not killed.

I was happy to hear he will be okay but his arm was broken. I can't imagine how traumatized he must be and how angry his parents are.

This is actually the reason why I won't let my 11 year old on a school bus. Too many crazy acting kids and not enough supervision IMO.
The behavior of students today is out of control. Something has to give at some point. I keep waiting for this pendulum to swing back.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:56 AM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I didn't tell you what to think or post about what you were thinking. I just know how media responds. And yes, I find the fact that the media cries race any time the victim is a minority frustrating. I'm not saying they should do the same for a white victim but they need to stop doing it for minority victims. People will never be allowed to just be people as long as there are those who insist on playing the race card when it fits their agenda.

trust me, i know the 'media' isn't perfect, nothing that big and increasingly fragmented can be.

However, what you seem to negate is that there is justifiable reason to pressume and investigate racial motives in serious attacks or killings if the victim is a minority and the assaulters white because of our nation's racial history that still strongly influences certain pockets of sectors or regions here.

i don't think this story is significant enough to reveal such presumptions, although relatively horrible (from a personal experience perspective) the victim was not seriously injured and fights/beatings like these occur all the time.

many conservatives have brought this story up as some kind of juxtaposition to the Trayvon Martin killing and the resulting reaction to each. i don't see where any comparison is warranted...

Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The behavior of students today is out of control. Something has to give at some point. I keep waiting for this pendulum to swing back.

parents need to raise their kids with a stronger sense of respect and empathy.

however, still the vast majority of teens do not behave this way...

Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
trust me, i know the 'media' isn't perfect, nothing that big and increasingly fragmented can be.

However, what you seem to negate is that there is justifiable reason to pressume and investigate racial motives in serious attacks or killings if the victim is a minority and the assaulters white because of our nation's racial history that still strongly influences certain pockets of sectors or regions here.

i don't think this story is significant enough to reveal such presumptions, although relatively horrible (from a personal experience perspective) the victim was not seriously injured and fights/beatings like these occur all the time.

many conservatives have brought this story up as some kind of juxtaposition to the Trayvon Martin killing and the resulting reaction to each. i don't see where any comparison is warranted...
There is no more/less reason to assume racial motivation in a case where a white attacks/kills a black than there is in a case where a black attacks/kills a white.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
parents need to raise their kids with a stronger sense of respect and empathy.

however, still the vast majority of teens do not behave this way...
Unfortunately, the vast majority will sit back and let it happen to someone else.

I really do wonder how far we'll let this go before we put a stop to it and what it will take to put a stop to it when we do.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What I find most interesting about this thread is that the black posters on here are quite dismissive about the beating. The bus driver thought it was quite serious that he exclaimed he thought the boys were going to kill him. I assume this isn't the first fight the bus driver has seen.

Black folks are too permissive about the violence our young men commit. I was never jumped by 3 boys and stomped on. Sorry this doesnt happen everyday.
Actually none of the black posters are dismissive about the beating. They are just saying that it isn't race based.

Have you ever been robbed, raped or murdered? Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean that it doesn't happen everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies