Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So what. Give me any two incidents, killings, events, places, and I'll give Something similar to compare. Besides, Oprah said, Emmitt Till, Trayvon Martin, same thing. It isn't that I don't 'like' the comparison. It's a factually stupid and historical garbage analogy. If Oprah, Crump, you, and others need a more recent symbolic victim of racism than Till, can't you find a better case than Martin.
Challenge accepted!

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh Police beating of an innocent 18 yr. old man - YouTube[/SIZE]

Well of course you will counter with "he did not get killed"

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh, PA Police Brutally Kill Jonny Gammage and Get Away ...[/SIZE]

Is that better? I picked these two because they were the most obvious

Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Err---Martin was out of Zimmerman's sight for more than three minutes. Use common sense, when I was a 17 year old who weighed about 160 and stood 6 foot tall no 205 pounder would catch me even given a 30 second head start, give me 10 seconds in all probability if he is armed.

So tell me would you go after someone that you think is armed if you did not have a gun? Like someone said before why should Trayvon have to run, does'nt SYG work for young black males as well?
Rather any of you are willing to admit it or not no one know what zimmerman said or did to provoke Trayvon into fighting him in the first place. For all of you so-called men, are you going to tell everyone that there is nothing no one can say or do to you that can provoke a stranger who is following to fight?

Truthfully, I wonder if Trayvon had been a white male how many of you would be saying the same thing?
Even if Trayvon's past was not as questionable some of you would still have blamed the incident on him anyway.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What a stretch.. get real!

How is it a stretch? If you were being followed by someone who did not identify themselves to you, would you still lead them to your house? Face it, you know nothing of zimmerman other than what the media and his lawyers presented to you. That being said it is not a stretch to believe that it was possible

Old 08-09-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
He was planning on decapitating both of them and placing their heads on pikes at the gated entrance to deter future burglars.

But it is easy to believe that a black male that is following you is going to murder/rob you isn't it?

Old 08-10-2013, 01:34 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Rather any of you are willing to admit it or not no one know what zimmerman said or did to provoke Trayvon into fighting him in the first place. For all of you so-called men, are you going to tell everyone that there is nothing no one can say or do to you that can provoke a stranger who is following to fight?

So, I guess it's okay for someone to start a fight because someone "said something"

Once when I was walking down the streets of NYC with my new fake ID to go to a goth club, in my goth/industrial regalia, two ghetto thugs saw me and yelled a term usually reserved for homosexual males followed by a term used to describe a female dog. What did I do? I kept walking. Had they have laid a hand on me, the knife I kept in my crotch holster (so it wouldn't be found during a club pat-down) would have come out.

So, I guess by your definition, I should have turned around and just "rained blows MMA style"? I was seventeen at the time too.

He had NO EXCUSE for starting that fight. My father always taught me that it's fine as long as nobody touches you. Don't start the fight, but ALWAYS FINISH IT.

This is what happened to Tyrone Martin:

A ***** Moment - YouTube

Old 08-10-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Just remember that the next time that you are walking in an area where a not-so-bright white person thinks that you should not be. I figured that you of all people would be more cautious about this issue since you are a young black male. I mean do you honestly think that Trayvon was looking to pick a fight with someone who was following him? If he did not have such a questionable past, they would have found some other reason to make him out to be the aggressor. If it was you what you have done? Also take into consideration that we still do not know what zimmerman said or even threaten to do to Trayvon either.
First, I have walked through countless mostly white towns and never had an issue...the black ghettos? I know to watch my back and bring my gun. Nothing against intelligent, rational Africans, but I know to always look out for the N ^^^rs.

Second, I would have just walked home and told my father what was going on or stopped and asked if there was a problem. If he would have said something I would be firm put polite and ask him to call the police because I know I am doing nothing illegal. I would never start a fight just because someone speaks, no matter what they say...well, granted, if someone says dubstep is a better genre of music than my beloved industrial rock, it may indeed go to fisticuffs. But baring said situation, I would keep my composure.

I was recently followed in a liquor store by a clerk who spoke to me in Spanish (you would think my mulatto but would be use to being mistaken for a Latino by now) I replied to him in English and inquired about vintages of Nuits-Saint-Georges. He said they had 2011 2012, and I scoffed and informed him that while 2011 was "charming", 2012 wasn't fit to cook with. I then asked if he had any Cru Beaujolais and he said no, and I asked him why the establishment had the audacity to place the Petite Sirah in the same category as Syrah, and commit the philistine but oh too common faux pas of spelling its name "petite syrah"

I left after buying some Pernod Absinthe, Amarula liqueur, some nice Nigori Sake and a couple of bottles of Red Mountain, Washington Cabernet Sauvignon (2009! )

I left him feeling idiotic and he well have second thoughts when a non-white walks into his pathetic excuse for a wine and spirits shop....

But I guess wat ise should have done is handled it like a "down for life N GGA!" and been like "yo, punk @ SS sucka! Watcha Followin' me around all up in my business like dat, Son? Wat, you gots beef?"

Old 08-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So b/c the prosecution couldn't prove GZ was lying, that makes GZ' uncorroborated account fact?

I'm obviously talking about the things you associate w/ being "Black" in America. It's amazing that I have to break down even the most obvious points for you to understand.
First you say I don't like black people, now it's just black Americans. Make up my mind, will you.

Quote:
Why do you have a hard time following simple sentences? I'm comparing the motivations behind the crimes; the characterization of the victims by the vocal supporters of the killers. You try to bring up irrelevant asides b/c you have nothing to counter the actual argument with. You resort to these pathetic games as a cover.
So, Emmit Till was stalking around a neighborhood and was spotted by someone he was unfamiliar with who called the police?

The motivation in following Martin was that an apartment was robbed a few nights earlier by someone who fitted Martin's description. Yes, "black male" was part of it, but believe it or not, black males do sometimes commit robberies.

The only reason Martin was killed was because of self defense.

What was the similar motivation in the Emmit Till case?

Want a fair comparison to Emmit Till? This would be one:

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Innocent people killed in cold blood by hate.

Zimmerman never intended to go out and kill someone, the lynchers of Till did. And Martin is not being "categorized," we're just stating the facts: he had a recent history of violence and was suspended from school. He started the fight that ended in his death.

And no one, not even Sean Hannity, is saying Trayvon deserved to die. He should have grown up and realized how dumb he was in his youth and changed his ways. His life was thrown away, but he was the one who threw it away by starting a fight when there were many other options.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
So tell me would you go after someone that you think is armed if you did not have a gun? Like someone said before why should Trayvon have to run, does'nt SYG work for young black males as well?

Truthfully, I wonder if Trayvon had been a white male how many of you would be saying the same thing?
Even if Trayvon's past was not as questionable some of you would still have blamed the incident on him anyway.

You and your race crap. No evidence Trayvon knew Z was armed. Trayvon did not, legally, have to run. It would have been the smart thing. He would still be alive.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

So, I guess it's okay for someone to start a fight because someone "said something"

Once when I was walking down the streets of NYC with my new fake ID to go to a goth club, in my goth/industrial regalia, two ghetto thugs saw me and yelled a term usually reserved for homosexual males followed by a term used to describe a female dog. What did I do? I kept walking. Had they have laid a hand on me, the knife I kept in my crotch holster (so it wouldn't be found during a club pat-down) would have come out.

So, I guess by your definition, I should have turned around and just "rained blows MMA style"? I was seventeen at the time too.

He had NO EXCUSE for starting that fight. My father always taught me that it's fine as long as nobody touches you. Don't start the fight, but ALWAYS FINISH IT.

This is what happened to Tyrone Martin:

A ***** Moment - YouTube

That is nice and dandy but you are a grown ass man and I might say can not be moved by being called racist slurs either. I really believe 8 out 10 times if a young man is confronted oneon one with someone who is verbally attacking them for no reason a fight will more then likely happen

Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You and your race crap. No evidence Trayvon knew Z was armed. Trayvon did not, legally, have to run. It would have been the smart thing. He would still be alive.

But Trayvon, legally, did have to NOT ATTACK ZIMMERMAN.

He had injuries only from the gunshot wound and cuts in his knuckles from attacking Zimmerman. Hence, there is no evidence that Zimmerman throw the first punch. I don't care what is said, no one has the right to lay a hand on anyone else unless it's in self defense.

Had Tyrone have kept his cool and not reacted right away with violence, and done ANYTHING ELSE, like maybe CALL HIS DAD or CALL THE POLICE or firmly but respectfully questioned Zimmerman as to why he was being followed, he would still be alive. Instead, he reacted right away with violence.

The "justice for Tyrone" people are essentially trying to justice Tryone's own violence that started the whole thing, saying that it's okay for a young man to respond to being followed by "raining blows MMA style" on someone smaller than he is. If one starts the fight, one should be prepared for someone else to finish it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies