Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
So you say its okay to lie, deceive, manipulate, and steal as long as it fits your agenda... Congratulations welcome to Global Warming RELIGION... NOT SCIENCE... The atmosphere is vast... and things don't stay in the atmosphere forever... have you tried to carbon date how old the atmosphere is? You can't because they don't stay very long and the amount that is there is so small you couldn't collect enough of it...
oy vey...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
I wonder how many of these people, the ones who bite hook line and sinker, the scam that is being pushed called man-made global warming, realize that they are being used by people who want to eliminate Western civilization and capitalism in order to bring in their utopian marxism?

I sincerely wish you people who are die hard believers in this scam watch the video posted in the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe you don't realize that you are being played for fools, used only as a tool in an attempt to fundamentally transform Western civilization into a marxist culture.

Do some soul searching. Is it possible you are being lied to? Is it possible people are willfully causing you to react based upon emotion rather than use logic and common sense? Is it possible that there is an agenda, one not based on weather, climate, saving the earth, etc. that is driving the claim of the alarmists? Is it possible... ?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We need to do both, changing our lifestyle and adapting. Too much of our population lives within a few miles of the coastline, that needs to change. The most severe problems will occur in poorer nations that rely on glaciers for drinking water and don't have the resources to recover from a rising ocean and loss of food. There are many good reasons to reduce our consumption of fossil fuels aside from global warming.
Back up a second....

Seeing is Believing - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Absolutely, because fossil fuel is a finite source of energy.
Oil will certainly be a concern but the coal supply in the US will long outlast the need. I also note this represents about 25% of the worlds supply and it poses a major economic threat to everyone. Just to put this into a quick perspective the very tip of this pyramid at active mines represents about 2 decades worth of coal, the second section is the more important one as that represents what is known and can be economically mined using current technology.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I frequently wear my Ignore the environment and maybe it will just go away t-shirt.
We only get one earth.
I like to wear my Green is the new Stupid T-shirt.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
I want to recycle (isn't that green of me) a post from a different thread on this topic. The links posted in the quote below show a direct tie to an attempt to bring down Western civilization (and capitalism) as we know it to this global warming alarmist scam.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You use essays and message boards to back up your assertion.
Brilliant.
When I have attempted to actually talk about the science and use actual science as the background, I get nothing.

see post 121 and all that follows... crickets...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ntists-13.html

your side likes to hurl verbal molotov coctails. your side does not like talking about science. Therefore my side posts links to things that make your teams head explode.

the sad thing is this is actual science. there should be no "my side" "your side".

Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Back up a second....

Seeing is Believing - YouTube
Good video.

But the alarmists don't believe in science that can be proven. They only believe scientific speculation. So they don't want to see this experiment. They prefer to play with their computer models because that's what the government PAYS them to do.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:44 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Absolutely, because fossil fuel is a finite source of energy.
That's a little misleading since we have a few hundred years supply.

We have decades, if not centuries, to address the fossil fuel issue.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Well thanks for showing us the conspiracy blog where you get all the propaganda you blindly regurgitate.
Conspiracy blog? *chuckle*

Actually, it is a site where many scientists in the field go to discuss their work openly. In fact, several have used that site as a testing site before they submit to publish.

Though you go ahead and claim as you like, I mean... as we can all see, such smug attitudes by the CAGW advocates is doing wonders for their reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies