Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
to prepare for the next transition. We never die.
And there you have it! Every religion, since the dawn of time, has been thanatocentric at its core. It preys on peoples' fear of death.
"Follow these rules, and you'll live forever."

Old 08-21-2013, 11:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
A true Christian believes they will be punished for their sins, they will have to answer for not following the word. An atheist has no such limitation. An atheist will do whatever they can get away with. An atheist may believe that lies today, are for the greater good tomorrow.
Where do you get that odd idea that atheists are morally in any way inferior? Really, that is beyond me. Statistics do not support your view, one might even say to the contrary when you look at that detailed table on religiosity and societal problems pages ago...

Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your beliefs are not worthy of respect.
Neither are mine.

You're not special, and believing in make believe creatures makes you completely mockable.
What does believing in made up fantasies make you, if not delusional?
Does it make you insane? Do you need drugs?

Religious are not a protected class.
You're fricking 85% of the population, go protect yourselves.
Oh yeah, that was done & weltz illustrated your "protection" in 3 successive posts.
That's where we differ, I believe everyone and their beliefs deserve respect, as long as they're not hurting anyone else. I know, there are people who use their faith to justify their bigotry -- they're doing it wrong.

But keep up the insults. It's attitudes like yours that make people distrustful and spiteful towards all Atheists.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
It does apply to Christians. Not only our behavior toward them, but their behavior toward us as well, which has often been horrific and brutal. If their beliefs make them happy and they refrain from harming or coercing others, so be it, but it seems many have extreme difficulty with this.

I will have to disagree with your claim about belief making a better and more compassionate society. Nothing I have ever seen in my life would even slightly incline me to believe so. If anything, many modern societies with very low levels of religious adherence are more civil, safer, better adjusted and generally take better care of their citizens.
Have you always hated this country, or is this a recent development? For two hundred years this country has been an icon for freedom. Now you want Christians to shut up and get in the closet. That is the opposite of freedom. You cannot pass laws that make people accept your behavior, all you can do is allow people to choose freely, without coercion. You are promoting Communism and don't even know it.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
And there you have it! Every religion, since the dawn of time, has been thanatocentric at its core. It preys on peoples' fear of death.
You beat me to the punch.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm not talking about the physical world. I'm talking about our essence, our soul, our spirit, our energy. You are stuck in the 3rd dimension.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where do you get that odd idea that atheists are morally in any way inferior? Really, that is beyond me. Statistics do not support your view, one might even say to the contrary when you look at that detailed table on religiosity and societal problems pages ago...
I never said atheists are inferior, read my post again without putting words in my mouth. You can't be honest from one post to the next. That's my point.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about the physical world. I'm talking about our essence, our soul, our spirit, our energy. You are stuck in the 3rd dimension.
I don't believe in souls. I have a brain filled by a temporary mind, that is it

Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM

293 posts, read 250,041 times
Quote:
to prepare for the next transition. We never die.

It's likely all a monstrous SCAM, 'hopper.

The perfect scam, actually, since no one, not even your jesus, ever comes back from the dead to expose it.

Don't let imaginary sky daddy's rules keep you from enjoying probably your one and only life to the full...

Old 08-21-2013, 11:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
another dodge while ignoring the questions.
Your questions are completely bs, why would I (or any rational person) respond?
I haven't dodged anything, you haven't asked anything valid.

Quote:
It was a simple question.
Atheists rule now. What will you do different? How is your system going to be better?
It's completely bs.
It's untrue and I'm not going to play "what if".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies