Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Intelligent Design?
Yes, teach it along with Evolution 22 15.28%
No, teach only Evolution 121 84.03%
No, teach only Intelligent Design 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Remember...... we've moved way past dinosaur bones.... We have these powerful computers that analyze DNA and RNA and can pin point evolutionary divergences and evolutionary links. What % of our genome is similar to a fruit fly? You may be surprised.....

Macro evolution is a legitimate scientific term but you just aren't using right. Macro evolution is just micro evolution over a greater period of time. 4 billions year is a long time.
Remember, I am aware of computer models and how they are used to obfuscate in plenty of fields of scientific research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Remember, I am aware of computer models and how they are used to obfuscate in plenty of fields of scientific research.
Oh I forgot! You're scared of the COMputerz ModelZ when they aren't beneficial to you. I love it! You have to resort to the conspiracy theory once your arguments have run out!

How very convenient..... Indeed.....

Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Oh I forgot! You're scared of the COMputerz ModelZ when they aren't beneficial to you. I love it! You have to resort to the conspiracy theory once your arguments have run out!

How very convenient..... Indeed.....
The only conspiracy theory (or just BS theory) is global warming...

And Jaymaxs bookmarked fMRI interpretations

Based on computer modelzzzzzz

Oh noezzzzz

Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:

Oh noezzzzz
But you don't trust or believe in modern evidence for evolution. SO obviously you have some sort of bias or grievance against it.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
What I want to know is which person voted for "No, teach only Intelligent Design" in the thread poll. Too funny. They must be joking.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:

Macro evolution is a legitimate scientific term but you just aren't using right.
Well he uses the word 'theory' incorrectly too when he says 'evolution is still a theory'. A scientific theory is an explanation of the facts. It doesn't ever becomes anything else other than a theory in science. It doesn't become a fact. It doesn't become a Law.

Once again, for those who think evolution is 'just a theory':

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Evolution is a fact. The Theory of Evolution is an explanation of the fact of evolution.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Oh noezzzzz
There were NO computer models in any of the studies I've linked to that used fMRI. But then you might know that if you ever actually read any of them. Seems to be a habit of yours to ignore the facts presented and make up your own 'facts' to knock down (ie strawman fallacy).

What's even funnier, is you don't even seem to read your OWN links and get the facts right either.

You really are a funny dude.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-23-2013 at 12:34 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
But you don't trust or believe in modern evidence for evolution. SO obviously you have some sort of bias or grievance against it.
I wonder if he thinks the evidence for evolution is some kind of 'liberal' conspiracy or agenda?

He called my referring to Richard Lenksi's work as observable evidence of evolution, 'absurd' and an 'analogy' and 'watching a bacterial infection'.

Which doesn't make any sense at all if he had any real understanding of evolution or science. (or had read the link I provided to the experiments)

Funny dude.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-23-2013 at 12:35 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What I want to know is which person voted for "No, teach only Intelligent Design" in the thread poll. Too funny. They must be joking.
No I don't think they were joking. My guess would be the guy who said this:
Quote:
Exactly what has happened! We have been teaching "unproven junk" for years!

I laugh when I read (from you leftists) that evolution is scientific fact. The problem is that none of you really understand what "evolution" means. We do not see a species "evolve" into an entirely different species. And, I'm sorry, but man did not "evolve" from apes. We still have apes, and they look much like they always have.

The assertion that higher forms "evolved" from "lower forms" (and those, from "pond slime") is just plain silly, and violates the laws of physics.

But, believe what you want. I couldn't care less. Be a fool, if you want to be. No skin off my nose.
I'm still laughing at someone who tells 'leftists' that they don't really understand what evolution means and then makes these stunning comments:

"We still have apes, and they look much like they always have." and "it violates the laws of physics"

or this poster:

Quote:
Bible teaches Adam came from dirt.. guess what.. everything created on earth come from the ground..

Liberals and those who think intelligent design could not be fact would rather rely on man's discovery even though they keep changing what the believe to be fact. Fact is , man doesn't know much.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
I'm still laughing at someone who tells 'leftists' that they don't really understand what evolution means and then makes these stunning comments:

"We still have apes, and they look much like they always have." and "it violates the laws of physics"

I know, eh? Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies