Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, im basing your thought process in this thread on what i know of you based on the last few months, You made a claim that you are unwilling to back up, it is as simple as that. Again, you are the one who claimed he made speeches that showed he didnt love this country, so back it up.
What you know of me?? LOL. Who care what I think. I'm not talking about what I think. I'm talking about what the country thinks now and thought back in '80. Is that so hard for you to understand? Good lord are you that far gone worrying about what I think that you can't reason? Stop stalking me.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
I posted approval ratings over a 2 year time period, not just a " poll ". If you are really going to make the argument that you are trying to put forward, then Doesnt President Obama winning negate just about every argument you make on this site ?
Nobody is arguing a poll at least I'm not. Show me a speech where Obama speaks of the greatness of America like Reagan did every time he opened his mouth. Ball is in your court hero.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What you know of me?? LOL. Who care what I think. I'm not talking about what I think. I'm talking about what the country thinks now and thought back in '80. Is that so hard for you to understand? Good lord are you that far gone worrying about what I think that you can't reason? Stop stalking me.
? I posted a a chart showing Reagan's approval ratings in the 1980's They where near President Obama's lower in some cases, higher in others. The past is not as Rosie as people like you try to claim it was.

And the point of these last few post was you claiming President Obama has made some speech that shows he is less loving of America, you have yet to post it.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Obama vs. Reagan and their attitude towards America is the topic............you have not addressed it yet.
I've already suggested that Reagan was a better leader. Based on what you said previously, that's addressing the topic.

It's not deflection to point out that you have significant inaccuracies in your OP and that you should consider fixing them. I even explained to you how.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:14 AM

Ok. I'll look into it and get back to you. My press secretary will be in contact soon. LOL

Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I've already suggested that Reagan was a better leader. Based on what you said previously, that's addressing the topic..

Reagan wasnt a better leader, Democrats are simply not obstructionist when we are in the minority or not in the oval office.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Nobody is arguing a poll at least I'm not. Show me a speech where Obama speaks of the greatness of America like Reagan did every time he opened his mouth. Ball is in your court hero.
its that simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnvUUauFJ98

Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
I posted approval ratings over a 2 year time period, not just a " poll ".
It's a poll... Reagan's average was 53% despite the Iran Contra affair, Obama's average is 49% to date putting him on par with GWB and that's despite the fact he started out with a high rating. If one of these scandals blow up in Obama's face his rating is toast.

Getting back to the elections that victory in 1984 illustrates the point being made, Reagan was a leader people could believe in. Despite faltering approval numbers he was able to bury Mondale in one of the most lopsided elections ever.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Statue of Liberty Centennial: Ronald Reagan - YouTube

Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's a poll... Reagan's average was 53% despite the Iran Contra affair, Obama's average is 49% to date putting him on par with GWB and that's despite the fact he started out with a high rating. If one of these scandals blow up in Obama's face his rating is toast.

Getting back to the elections that victory in 1984 illustrates the point being made, Reagan was a leader people could believe in. Despite faltering approval numbers he was able to bury Mondale in one of the most lopsided elections ever.

51.9%, not 53 and 49.6%, not 49. What the point in fudging the numbers and giving Reagan a full extra percent and and taking away a half of a percent from President Obama ? Anyways, you are just proving my point. a couple of percent separate the 2 of them. Reagan was not as popular as you claimed.

Your Bush argument makes no sense as well, Bush's approval rating jumped to 90% after 9/11, i dont think any other president has ever reached that high while alive and in office.

Reagan beating Mondale by that large of a land slide shows that Mondale was a horrible candidate. You said yourself Reagan's approval ratings where bad, so how exactly would him winning the election prove him to be a leader the people believed in , and again. if you apply that to Reagan, you have to apply it to President Obama.

good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies