Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:47 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Being that I was born and raised in Detroit and have seen a lot of trying going on, we just have to disagree.
That's fine, I'm glad you see positivity in what's going on in Detroit. Sadly much of the positivity is negated by the violence, thieves and criminals . Here's something maybe we can agree on , is that it is a shame what is going on down their.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:50 PM

349 posts, read 261,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's fine, I'm glad you see positivity in what's going on in Detroit. Sadly much of the positivity is negated by the violence, thieves and criminals . Here's something maybe we can agree on , is that it is a shame what is going on down their.
Yep, we can agree on that.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:05 PM

371 posts, read 426,237 times
I want a white history month, but I want it to idolize the people that made it an empire, not the people who globalized electricity. Sadly the events and people that made America an empire are indeed racist, but thats what has got to be shown. Just like how black history month focuses on freedom/the people that pushed for freedom, and not on the black person who drew a blue print for our nations capital, Washington D.C.

Let white people have their month, but it won't be pretty.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:35 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I want a white history month, but I want it to idolize the people that made it an empire, not the people who globalized electricity. Sadly the events and people that made America an empire are indeed racist, but thats what has got to be shown. Just like how black history month focuses on freedom/the people that pushed for freedom, and not on the black person who drew a blue print for our nations capital, Washington D.C.

Let white people have their month, but it won't be pretty.
Why have a month for any race depicting their negatives? It makes no sense. Ethnic/racial months should be to honor their accomplishments and positives, IMO.

I take note of your last remark. It wasn't pretty either because it is stereotyping an entire race. We are all individuals and shouldn't be judged by the color of our skin or race collectively based on the past.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I got it from Abagond.wordpress.com very intelligent dude. I advise you to do some reading. Obama isn't even pro-black at all. Its scary because he's so neutral that it comes off as being pro-white.
Obama is pro racist. It is nearing double the years slavery was legal in the USA under the govt of the USA. I would venture to say slavery was legal for less time over all world wide in the USA than any other country.

Blacks need to get over it and get past it. No one else cares. The sooner you all understand that, the sooner the healing can start.

Scottish people were taken as slaved for nearly as long a time as blacks sold out and taken by other Scotts.

You don't see us weeping about it, but we still spit on the English given the chance.

This blame game is stupid, and just keeps the wounds festering. But I don't care.

No one is going to give blacks anything more than they have now because of slavery.

If this BS keeps up you may well get less, and you may well get far worse in terms of a civil war.

I am far too old to play that game but any old fool can see the writing on the wall.

You were not a slave and you parents were not slaves..... probably your grandparents were not slaves.

I will be 62 soon and it would be impossible for my grand parents to have been slaves and they were born in the later 1880's so if i had any slaves i could know of in the USA it would have to have been my great great grand parents........

I have no idea who they ever were or where they lived....... I suspect you are younger and also have no idea. Then while you would still blame me just because i am white, my ancestors coming from Scottland lived in Canada as my grand parents i knew as a wee lad were from nova scotia, and never had any slaves.

All this BS from blacks is racist...

Your people who you never ever knew could have served as slaved for just 76 years under the USA govt period. Whining about it for almost double the years is pointless.

You keep yourselves under your own thumb and white don't care. There is no reason for us to care.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:35 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
Except people were enslaved for a long time before the USA was an independent country. That time still counts, buddy.

Slavery should be an explanation rather than a blame. It's wrong to sit here and blame just slavery for all of black America's problems, but you can be damn sure that the situation would be entirely different without slavery.

Really though, I'm pretty sure that black people are "over" slavery except for a few loudmouths who get airtime by saying radical things. How can you say that you're over Scottish slavery while saying that black people aren't? Have you asked any ordinary black people how they feel? What makes you so sure that they'd look at their history much differently than you look at yours?

Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Except people were enslaved for a long time before the USA was an independent country. That time still counts, buddy.

Slavery should be an explanation rather than a blame. It's wrong to sit here and blame just slavery for all of black America's problems, but you can be damn sure that the situation would be entirely different without slavery.
Indeed. Arguably, the nation's population of blacks would be significantly less; more similar to the numbers of immigrants from other places in proximity to Africa.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
It's not blaming it's called stating facts and the fact is that the first non-indentured African slave was brought to this land we now call America in 1619. The first president was a slave-holder prior to and post the revolutionary war. So who cares that technically G.W was a British citizen prior to the inception of America. G.W's slaves and other slaves were stuck on the same damn plantation prior to and post the war that gave the U.S.A it's official title.

I can call myself whatever I want to and your opinion of what constitutes a real African is just than an opinion...no more valid than my opinion. I will always stick out in a room full of people with a different skin color than mine and calling myself an American without the African in front of it doesn't change that. Not to say that necessarily means that I'm being discriminated against by merely being in that room full of non-blacks it just means that I will stick out because my appreance is different from the majority.

Finally, I have never-ever negated the experience of whites who claim racial discrimination on CD or anyone else for that matter. I don't like when I see people of other races harrassed for merely being a different creed or color. I don't nod and wink when people make remarks about other races just because I'm not that particular race doesn't mean that I condone racism on any level.
What's 1619 got to do with any American Govt? Not a thing...... African blacks were enslaved by African blacks and sold to Muslims who sold them to the world market at the dawn of man... That';s just a little bit in time before 1619, but still the govt of the USA hasn't got a thing to do with it.

Get it? Blacks took blacks as the spoils of War and sold blacks..... You are blaming the wrong peoples... You need to be blaming blacks... No silly white man with a muskets was running around in African stealing slaves ....

The Muslims sold your peoples off to the highest bidders, and by the 1400's that was the French and the Spanish.

I can document blacks as slaves in the Americas well before 1619 if you count the caribbean islands.

The blacks living there, some of which I know face to face think of African Americans as insane. Their families are also slave stock base, but they are well past that time.

If you really want to be thought of as sub human which was a big point in the slave trade, just keep on doing what you are doing now, and pretty soon you will have proved it.

I have heard it mentioned that slaves were bred to have strong backs and weak minds, and if anything some of you American blacks are proving that today.

You need to get past the problems of the deep past. When I read 1619 I just have a good hard laugh....

Maybe I should cry and whine about what the Englaise did to my Scotts in 1610, but that wouldn't count for you would it? Then whine more about 1748 at Culloden.......... That's 138 years ......... The Romans did much more to the Scotts from far earlier times., but none of that counts because that was white on white, and isn't socially acceptable.

By calling yourselves anything other than American is making you different. But hey I don't care. I don't go around calling myself Scott- American...

Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM

420 posts, read 698,190 times
I actually think that at this point, "Black History Month" does more harm than good.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's funny Mac. Now weren't something like 10 million Jewish people killed in the holocaust ? It's odd I don't keep hearing them complaining about what happened in their past and you know there are many of them walking around today with the tattoo, not sure there are too many blacks walkiing around today with the brand. Seems to me the Jewish moved passed what happened maybe the blacks should too ?
Well there are still those people alive today.... Fewer yes but still alive. You got any slaves alive today, How about just one? Got any grand parents alive who can recall a living slave today from 1865?

I was a wee lad when the last soldier died that had been a teen in the War Between the States.

A Brown Shirt friend of mine has just recently passed away at 72. He was a brown Shirt for Hitler at age 10. His father was real SS and was convicted of war crimes.... My father passed in 1997 at 72 also and was in subs in the Pacific Theater. So this is still recent enough to remember, and my Uncle is still alive today that served on the beach at Normandy.

Dad didn't have a whole lot to say, but my uncle still isn't very happy with the 'Jerries'. My uncle brought home a 9mm luger with all it's leather which can only be done just one way......

Forgetting too soon is as bad as not forgetting in the right time. These days the Germans are so advanced and so at peace.. That just makes me wonder after being the cause of 2 world wars.

I have no idea what Americans who happen to be black want. But then i don't care much what they want.

If they want any respect from me, they are going to have to earn it just like anyone else. All that whining doesn't help a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies