Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Go ahead have your white history month, this is what it would look like:

There should be a White History Month in America. That way we can teach all about the things White Americans have done in history, like:

Cherokee Trail of Tears
Japanese American internment
Philippine-American War
Jim Crow
The genocide of Native Americans
Transatlantic slave trade
The Middle Passage
The history of White American racism
Black Codes
Slave patrols
Ku Klux Klan
NYPD
The War on Drugs
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
How white racism grew out of slavery and genocide
How whites still benefit from slavery and genocide
White anti-racism
The Southern strategy
The rape of black slave women
CORE
Madison Grant
The Indian Wars
Human zoos
How the Jews became white
White flight
Redlining
Proposition 14
Homestead Act
Tulsa Riots
Rosewood massacre
Tuskegee Experiment
Lynching
Hollywood stereotypes
Indian Appropriations Acts
Immigration Act of 1924
Sundown towns
Chinese Exclusion Act
Emmett Till
Vincent Chin
Islamophobia
Indian boarding schools
King Philip’s War
Bacon’s Rebellion
American slavery compared to Arab, Roman and Latin American slavery
History of the gun
History of the police
History of prisons
History of white suburbia
Lincoln’s racism and anti-racism
George Wallace
Fox News
Tea Party
Cointelpro
Real estate steering
School tracking
Mass incarceration of black men
Boston school busing riots
And so on. No fear of running out of topics: there is more than one a day! I am sure my commenters can come up with tons more, probably some big ones that are not coming to mind at the moment. I did not list things that often do get covered in history class in America, however poorly, like Lincoln or Reconstruction.

White History Month should be in November, the same month as Thanksgiving, the holiday which observes the supposed beginning of White America.

Schoolchildren can do reports on:

John Brown (required)
Andrew Goodman
Michael Schwerner
Thaddeus Stevens
Jim Zwerg
William Lloyd Garrison

from Why there should be a White History Month | Abagond
I see, so there is nothing positive about white history in this country? Most of it is all bad? It is pretty hypocritical to ignore the negatives of non-white history in this country and to have a history month of only glowing remarks about them, isn't it? Why not focus on all the good things today about all races rather than dwelling on the past? You don't have to answer though because I already know the motive behind dwelling on the negative past rather than the positive present and future. Many people would have to get rid of that victim card in their wallets after having had it laminated for permanent use.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkys10 View Post
O goody, another black this and black that thread post.
you guys ever get tired of this race baiting stuff? ever get tired of whipping dead horses?
You gotta let people live out their fantasies. They can't get away with saying this stuff anywhere else but the Internet.

Let'em have their fun. It's harmless.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh they weren't?

The Irish Slave Trade

What gets me is that England was the biggest slave trader and NONE of you race hustlers ever mention them as being racists, just here in America. Many of you idolize England and Europe where slavery was created and was alive and well much longer than here in the US.
Under USA law slavery lasted just 76 years. We are closing in on double that time now for slavery to have ended. The math is pretty easy. 1865-1789=

The USA got the raw end of the stick. Scotts were also slaves in history. We got over it.

Blacks are as racist if not more so than any other race. The blacks are not seeking equality, they are seeking pampered life styles for free, and some sort of superiority.

Blacks who work and fit in already have what the American dream means to them now, but that takes working, and some clear thinking.

Blacks sold blacks into slavery in the first place, mainly to Muslims, who sold the slaves into the world markets. The Spanish mainly brought black slaves to the Americas starting in the 1400's.

I find it most amusing that American blacks a line themselves mostly with the Spanish, the Muslims and the real African Blacks. That is very telling.

The USA should be cherished for only having slavery legal 76 years, but instead we get the blame since the Dawn of Man.

I blame liberalism and just plain no thinking.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,777 times
History is what is is...how can we pick and choose what we want to know? If the negative stuff is irrelevant than it's all irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I see, so there is nothing positive about white history in this country? Most of it is all bad? It is pretty hypocritical to ignore the negatives of non-white history in this country and to have a history month of only glowing remarks about them, isn't it? Why not focus on all the good things today about all races rather than dwelling on the past? You don't have to answer though because I already know the motive behind dwelling on the negative past rather than the positive present and future. Many people would have to get rid of that victim card in their wallets after having had it laminated for permanent use.
Slavery only lasted 76years? That's interesting since the first official African slave (not indentured a slave) was brought to the U.S colonies in 1619. You also forget that after the brief period of reconstruction that Jim Crow lasted until the 60s.

It is very dishonest to claim that blacks were oppressed in the U.S.A for only 76 years. Very dishonest. Yes, this country wasn't offcially the U.S.A until after the revolutionary war but the slaves were held on the same land and the owners were descended from the original white settlers of this country.

Blacks that work and are clear-headed get it? Please. I'm living the so-called American dream every day and I know a lot of other AAs who are aslo doing the same. That doesn't mean that I don't experience racism from time to time. I also have enough sense to know the difference between a racist encounter and being overly sensitive.

There are some non-black people who think every black person on the planet is stupid, lazy, and looking for a hand-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Under USA law slavery lasted just 76 years. We are closing in on double that time now for slavery to have ended. The math is pretty easy. 1865-1789=
The USA got the raw end of the stick. Scotts were also slaves in history. We got over it.

Blacks are as racist if not more so than any other race. The blacks are not seeking equality, they are seeking pampered life styles for free, and some sort of superiority.

Blacks who work and fit in already have what the American dream means to them now, but that takes working, and some clear thinking.

Blacks sold blacks into slavery in the first place, mainly to Muslims, who sold the slaves into the world markets. The Spanish mainly brought black slaves to the Americas starting in the 1400's.

I find it most amusing that American blacks a line themselves mostly with the Spanish, the Muslims and the real African Blacks. That is very telling.

The USA should be cherished for only having slavery legal 76 years, but instead we get the blame since the Dawn of Man.

I blame liberalism and just plain no thinking.

Last edited by Jasper03; 08-27-2013 at 09:29 AM..

Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM

371 posts, read 426,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, February is the month to appreciate blacks because every other month they are being slandered by the media and other white folk. So if you want it to be fair then white history month can show the world the TRUE white people. Every day all we see is positive images of white people, but this month the complete opposite, it will show how American whites got to their standard of living today WITH NO SHORTCUTS. Also it is all white peoples fault besides the quakers, they came and settled on this land knowing that blacks were the forced working class and the indians were wiped out. Additionally for the native white americans for years to come, its their fault too because they didn't do anything to stop inequality. If you really look into european history everything comes down to race (their invention) and power, its pretty funny.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:18 AM

Also, Oldglory there are no negatives to Black history, and if you are able to find any, it is due to slavery and jim crow. So think before you talk about crime, family, ect statistics. Direct impact from slavery, especially the lack of fathers in the black community. How do you expect families to be broken up for 200+ years and there are no repercussions on modern day monogamous relationships. Give me a break.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
History is what is is...how can we pick and choose what we want to know? If the negative stuff is irrelevant than it's all irrelevant.

Slavery only lasted 76years? That's interesting since the first official African slave (not indentured a slave) was brought to the U.S colonies in 1619.
Blacks are just as racist? Haha.

Link: “Blacks are just as racist!” | Abagond

“Blacks are just as racist as whites if not more so!” It is a common thing whites in America say. I do agree that blacks are racist, but just as racist? No way! Not even close.

For example, blacks have not:

Kidnapped millions of whites at gunpoint and sold them into slavery.
Worked whites to death by the millions.
Forced millions of whites to work for free for hundreds of years based on their race.
Wiped out people on three continents and taken their land.
Sold their own children into slavery.
Raped so many white women that most whites are now part black.
Pushed a strange, racist standard of beauty on the world through the fashion and film industry.
Wanted the right of calling whites a racist slur.
Even had a slur for whites that is as racist and dehumanizing as the n-word.
Burned crosses in front of white people’s houses.
Burned down or bombed white neighbourhoods, towns and churches.
Hanged white people, taking parts of their bodies as keepsakes.
Had strange homosexual hang-ups about white men’s penises.
Looked down on or hate those who are not racially pure.
Caused high white unemployment rates through racist hiring practices – or even affirmative action.
Regularly dehumanized white people in black mainstream culture.
Had white minstrel shows.
Regarded speaking their dialect of English properly as a sign of intelligence.
Required whites to learn black history and literature.
Based their sense of self-worth in part on looking down on whites.
Made fun of murdered white people, like by selling Nicole Simpson target practice posters or laying on the ground to act like a dead Nicole Simpson (Simpsoning).
I am sure commenters can come up with some more.

I am also sure that Uncle Milton can find examples of some of the above – but that is the thing, they are so rare that they are not common knowledge.

True, blacks lack the power to carry out some of these. Like they do not control the labour market or the fashion industry. But many they could do and yet do not.

The Just As Racist model cannot account for this. It cannot account for Tyler Perry films, for example, which demean blacks, not whites. That is because it has a false understanding of how and why people are racist. It sees it as a common human failing – tribalism and so on. But that is not it: instead it comes down to power or the lack thereof.

In the case of blacks in America their lack of power means:

They cannot carry out many of the above examples. Whites can.
They do not have to be racist to feel good about their position in society. Whites must.
They are in danger of internalized racism because whites flood the culture with racist messages as required by #2.
So for blacks the danger is not racism against whites but against themselves! Thus Mr Perry.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Because white people weren't slaves who fought for freedom and then activists who fought for their rights. That's why.

Do you like putting your ignorance on parade? Many many white people fought to free blacks who were slaves.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post

Slavery only lasted 76years? That's interesting since the first official African slave (not indentured a slave) was brought to the U.S colonies in 1619. You also forget that after the brief period of reconstruction that Jim Crow lasted until the 60s.

It is very dishonest to claim that blacks were oppressed in the U.S.A for only 76 years. Very dishonest. Yes, this country wasn't offcially the U.S.A until after the revolutionary war but the slaves were held on the same land and the owners were descended from the original white settlers of this country.

Blacks that work and are clear-headed get it? Please. I'm living the so-called American dream every day and I know a lot of other AAs who are aslo doing the same. That doesn't mean that I don't experience racism from time to time. I also have enough sense to know the difference between a racist encounter and being overly sensitive.

There are some non-black people who think every black person on the planet is stupid, lazy, and looking for a hand-out.
Well I see you are into blaming the USA for what it could not be responsible for, which is from the Dawn of Man to 1789.

Don't think for a second whites don't experience racism from time to time from black either.

I dislike AA as a term. I know whites from South Africa that were born there, and are real Africans.

You are a black American because you insist to be different. When you want to be just American maybe then you will blend in.

Racism is a 2 way street, and it will always be.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Blacks are just as racist? Haha.

Link: “Blacks are just as racist!” | Abagond

“Blacks are just as racist as whites if not more so!” It is a common thing whites in America say. I do agree that blacks are racist, but just as racist? No way! Not even close.

For example, blacks have not:

Kidnapped millions of whites at gunpoint and sold them into slavery.
Worked whites to death by the millions.
Forced millions of whites to work for free for hundreds of years based on their race.
Wiped out people on three continents and taken their land.
Sold their own children into slavery.
Raped so many white women that most whites are now part black.
Pushed a strange, racist standard of beauty on the world through the fashion and film industry.
Wanted the right of calling whites a racist slur.
Even had a slur for whites that is as racist and dehumanizing as the n-word.
Burned crosses in front of white people’s houses.
Burned down or bombed white neighbourhoods, towns and churches.
Hanged white people, taking parts of their bodies as keepsakes.
Had strange homosexual hang-ups about white men’s penises.
Looked down on or hate those who are not racially pure.
Caused high white unemployment rates through racist hiring practices – or even affirmative action.
Regularly dehumanized white people in black mainstream culture.
Had white minstrel shows.
Regarded speaking their dialect of English properly as a sign of intelligence.
Required whites to learn black history and literature.
Based their sense of self-worth in part on looking down on whites.
Made fun of murdered white people, like by selling Nicole Simpson target practice posters or laying on the ground to act like a dead Nicole Simpson (Simpsoning).
I am sure commenters can come up with some more.

I am also sure that Uncle Milton can find examples of some of the above – but that is the thing, they are so rare that they are not common knowledge.

True, blacks lack the power to carry out some of these. Like they do not control the labour market or the fashion industry. But many they could do and yet do not.

The Just As Racist model cannot account for this. It cannot account for Tyler Perry films, for example, which demean blacks, not whites. That is because it has a false understanding of how and why people are racist. It sees it as a common human failing – tribalism and so on. But that is not it: instead it comes down to power or the lack thereof.

In the case of blacks in America their lack of power means:

They cannot carry out many of the above examples. Whites can.
They do not have to be racist to feel good about their position in society. Whites must.
They are in danger of internalized racism because whites flood the culture with racist messages as required by #2.
So for blacks the danger is not racism against whites but against themselves! Thus Mr Perry.
Nice rant.. Did Obama tell you that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies