Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You can't move concrete bunkers and massive transmitters with miles of heavy duty cabling. Also power to these facilities would be hit. It's not that easy to redesign your entire military communications network on the fly. Not like switching cable companies or satellite TV providers..
You can't dig a hole deep enough to keep your equipment and staff safe from our missiles in such a short time. Satellites and drones are keeping an eye and tracking all movement of all Assad military forces, 24/7. That's what we do. That's how we roll.
The question still remains. Why should we do anything at all about Syria? It absolutely is none of our business. The parties involved all pretty much hate the USA. The rebels have committed atrocities of their own. This is not our fight and certainly not worth 1 tax dollar to waste getting involved.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Only in your mind, Only in your mind. Clean up the barf on the way out, would ya?
tell me, when was the last time a left winger said anything good about a republican? now go back and look at how many times republicans hammer their own when they do wrong.

as for cleaning up the barf, sorry i am NOT cleaning up anything lexusnexus did, that is his responsibility.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The question still remains. Why should we do anything at all about Syria? It absolutely is none of our business. The parties involved all pretty much hate the USA. The rebels have committed atrocities of their own. This is not our fight and certainly not worth 1 tax dollar to waste getting involved.
It's not about Syria and it's not about Assad and it's not about chemical weapons.
There's a bigger plan and Syria is just the next country in line.

We will invade no doubt. They will just set off more chemical weapons until we do.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And where is Hillary? The one who intends to become the next president? The former Sec of State who really screwed up but never had to answer a single question?

Shouldn't the wanna-be president be speaking up and giving some input? The coward.
NO, she should absolutely not be putting in her two cents here. It is not appropriate; she may have differing opinions but doesn't want to make us look even more divided.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
I mean, IT'S WHAT DUBYA Would've done...
These questions reveal you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:22 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
W was not a conservative.

Hopefully conservatives have learned from past mistakes.

OP-What will be your take when most/all Dem members of the Senate vote to go into Syria? Will you decry them for making the same mistake as Bush?
And most Dems voted FOR Iraq too.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
It's sickening and pathetic that people (on either side) would try and turn this into a partisan issue. I sure hope our leaders do what's best for the country, not their political ties

UMMMMM, you HAVE to be joking.....right????

Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Why do you think that conservatives want war with Syria?

Why do you think that conservatives love war?

You should ask yourself these questions then come back and post something.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,422,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
We are against going to war with Syria because it's the wrong thing to do. It's irrelevant what Bush would have done. I realize the concept of having principles is difficult to understand for many liberals, but that's the reason we are against war with Syria.

See, both your President and your Vice President publicly said that Bush had no authority to attack a nation without congressional approval. Then they got into office and attacked Libya. Without congressional approval.

And unlike Obama, Bush did get congressional approval for the attacks he made.

So sorry to inform you that your attempt to say conservatives are hypocrites is a failure. The hypocrites here are the Democrats.
What I don't get and correct me if I am wrong, but the main reason Bush sent troops to the Middle East was primarily because of WMDs. Now have any WMDS been found?

Syria did a tragic thing to its own people. Now it's okay to shoot them but when they use some type of chemical agent, now we have to step in? That makes no sense to me.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:49 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,918 times
Default Why do Americans want the US to attack Syria?

I know many don't, but for those that do, what is your reason?

Is the reason good enough for you to put American lives at stake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies