Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:42 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times

Advertisements

Thanks spunky1! I always enjoy reading your posts here too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore View Post
Don't know the writer. Nonetheless, secular humanism is a tragic expose' of mankind contemplating his navel. I am descended of apes, therefore I am.
Nicely done, kilgore!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM

36 posts, read 18,568 times
Life is simple. Those that seek to complicate life will likely have motives of deceit, control, power, or other such gratification of narcissism. Sometimes they are remarkably good at it, i.e. the Clintons. There is the truth and there is the lie. The truth is simple the lie is complicated. I am convinced it has to do with heritage. Perhaps, the sins of the father. What Saggy would likely refer to as socialization. When socialization is restricted to the confines of very narrow perspective, i.e. liberal universities, it becomes dogmatic, sterile, narrow minded. Ironically, the same accusation the generally pseudo intellectual elitist, the "secular humanists" -confer upon God fearing people. For me, I am tolerant. I wish I could help. In a very general sense, man is bad, or certainly can be. Conversely, God is good and certainly always will be.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore View Post
Life is simple. Those that seek to complicate life will likely have motives of deceit, control, power, or other such gratification of narcissism. Sometimes they are remarkably good at it, i.e. the Clintons. There is the truth and there is the lie. The truth is simple the lie is complicated. I am convinced it has to do with heritage. Perhaps, the sins of the father. What Saggy would likely refer to as socialization. When socialization is restricted to the confines of very narrow perspective, i.e. liberal universities, it becomes dogmatic, sterile, narrow minded. Ironically, the same accusation the generally pseudo intellectual elitist, the "secular humanists" -confer upon God fearing people. For me, I am tolerant. I wish I could help. In a very general sense, man is bad, or certainly can be. Conversely, God is good and certainly always will be.

Uh, ever hear of the Borgias, you know, two of the Popes?
House of Borgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your list of faults was basically invented, later perfected, by religious folks.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 11-16-2007 at 06:17 PM..

Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Saganista you need to get a new song. . . why is it every single time someone offers a references, and you disagree, you invariably come back with "fundie wack-job or some variation of such.
Would you then care to post the Curriculum Vitae for David Noebel and suggest the first reason why such an intellect should be thought of as being remotely capable of offering expert commentary on secular humanism and the intricate nature of its relationship to ten important academic disciplines? Never mind. Here...you can read and even listen to him yourself...

Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM

36 posts, read 18,568 times
Not sure of the relevance to my post PT. Do we have the time?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:14 PM

'Secular humanists' as oppsed to '2,000 y.o. superstitions by politically oppressed Judeans about God sacrifice'?

I'll go with the secular humanists.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:25 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Kilgore you crack me up, you are really funny.

Each time someone disagrees with the religious right, they are accused of being un-patriotic or anti-troops.

And what do they rush to say?

aarrrggghh the Clintons, the deceitful,control loving,power hungry Clintons.
come on now -enough already, How long has it been since Bill Clinton was president?
Get some new stuff here.
Talk about deceit,control and power, well I think(and by the polls, I am NOT the minority)
that the Bush crime family has dibs on that.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
'Secular humanists' as oppsed to '2,000 y.o. superstitions by politically oppressed Judeans about God sacrifice'?

I'll go with the secular humanists.
Next time you need surgery, go to the Secular Humanist Hospital.

Next time you're fed up with public education, send your kids to the Secular Humanist school system.

Next time you meet a homeless person, direct them to the Secular Humanist Mission.

"Secular humanism" is simply a way to describe people who are so comfortable (or cynical) that they believe they do not need the consolations of religion -- and who wish to deny those consolations, and the hope they bring, to others.

It's easy to attack religion if you concentrate on the evils men have done in its name and refuse to recognize the inspiration it has given to countless people and the many benefits it has brought to society.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Blame Clinton First. It's at the top of the FAX from HQ that they get every morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies