Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM

2,964 posts, read 3,533,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Because he feels threatened by gay people.

Honestly, this was an incredibly stupid thing for their CEO to say. There are at least five different brands of pasta at my supermarket, and they're all exactly the same quality. The only time I ever buy Barilla is when it's on sale.
How do I feel threatened by gay people? You know nothing about what I've done in my life regarding gays. I want people to live their lives and to speak their opinions (exercising their free speech liberties without fear of retribution at the workplace and other areas). You know nothing about me and being that you're saying a bunch of bs that is not based in any fact.

Last edited by D-Towner; 09-27-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Y'know, I have enough on my plate to worry about besides which CEO said something stupid this week. I really wish they'd just keep their stupid mouths shut so I can grocery shop in peace without having to worry about supporting a company that has views that I find repugnant. To be honest I would rather not know.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM

277 posts, read 401,627 times
He's obviously looking to increase sales, given that offending the LGBT community ostensibly seems to produce positive results for your business.

Note the following sad testament to how out of touch the liberal media is with public sentiment; the former being incredulous as to how Chick-Fil-A managed to garner a victory despite "doing everything wrong" from a PR perspective.

Business is booming at Chick-Fil-A as gay marriage controversy actually HELPS the fast-food chain | Mail Online

Chick-fil-A: Business Booming Despite Gay Marriage Controversy! - The Hollywood Gossip

Business Booming for Embattled Chick-fil-A | NBC4 Washington

In Georgia Chick-fil-A business booming on ‘appreciation day’ | McClatchy

Booming business on 'Support Chick-fil-A Day' - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Spor

Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Really? Can't I eat a bowl of pasta without it becoming a political activity? (I don't buy Barilla anyway, but still)

I think from here on out, I'll just boycott all boycotts.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
How do I feel threatened by gay people. You know nothing about what I've done in my life regarding gays. I want people to live their lives and to speak their opinions (exercising their free speech liberties without fear of retribution at the workplace and other areas). You know nothing about me and being that you're saying a bunch of bs that is not based in any fact.
I'm sorry, but freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of that speech.
You can say what you want, but I can use my freedom of speech to tell you what I think about your words.

Freedom is a two way street.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Gee, do 'gays' eat a lot of pasta? Will this have an impact on Barilla?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not until they make a better product than DeCecco
Never heard of that brand.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Exactly! With them it only works one way. The gays are constantly trying to "shove their agenda down their throats." When it's the other way around, no one says anything. I'm sick of the religious rite shoving their agenda down my throat too.
there again, neither of the CEOs in question said anything bad about gays, they just said they preferred traditional marriage of one man and one woman. and they are going to produce advertisements that sell their product, not sell an agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Really? Can't I eat a bowl of pasta without it becoming a political activity? (I don't buy Barilla anyway, but still)

I think from here on out, I'll just boycott all boycotts.
excellent idea. that is a boycott that can really work.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Never heard of that brand.
Maybe they don't sell it at Wal-Mart?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,481,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there again, neither of the CEOs in question said anything bad about gays, they just said they preferred traditional marriage of one man and one woman. and they are going to produce advertisements that sell their product, not sell an agenda.

excellent idea. that is a boycott that can really work.
I was referring to the Million Moms boycotting JC Penny. In your eyes that's perfectly OK, but when it's the other way around, then oh no, we are shoving an agenda down your throat. Give me a break. The Million Moms were shoving their agendas down everyone's throats too. If it's going to be free speech then it has to work both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies