Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 08:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Well, my original thread, using turnabout keeps getting deleted.

The democrats calling the republicans the American Taliban, where the Democrats are 50% of the problem.

They refuse to see that it's their total refusal to talk to the House of representatives that has led to this. And while i don't like it, I think they shutdown AND no debt limit changes need to stay right where they are until they realize that they are ALSO part of the problem.

What a silly and false premise.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not actually any solution.
It's a bandaid and kick the can down the road.

CR with Sequester still in place is what the Senate passed.
Agree. Solution was perhaps the incorrect term to use. CRs actually end up costing more than just passing a durn budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All that Americans are asking is to let the House vote on the clean CR. Why do you oppose democracy? Could it be that your opinion is that of a small minority and that the will of the people, which is to end this nonsense by the wingnut right, will easily prevail with a bipartisan vote in House? What you want to say is we won't vote because we won't win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Scraping, defunding, or delaying a law - not a piece of legislation, but a signed law - in exchange for not shutting down the government are not options for negotiation.

The 100% solution is to pass a clean CR bill and then go out and win enough House and Senate seats to either change or repeal the law. You know, that's how the system works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Mike3 View Post
Great point

Why won't the economic terrorist, Mohamed al-Boehner, let the House vote, southbel?
My goodness. Such rabid partisans. Personally, I think the shutdown move was not a good one because it took away from highlighting the failures (called glitches in Democrat speak) of the opening of the exchanges. However, my pointing out that it is not the Republicans but the Democrats that are refusing to negotiate, as Reid and Obama have pointed out multiple times, was not an endorsement of either strategy but simply an observation of fact.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
What ethnic group do the democrats wish to annihilate ?

If what you say is true, then they will blame Republicans for economic ruin and round them up and you know what happens after that, right?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
In less than two weeks time runs out. Let's take bets on which day someone will cave.
It's going to be the House. There's no point of negotiation anymore. Boehner is looking for some fig leaf of cover to save his rear-end before bringing a clean bill to the House floor but I don't think he's going to get it.

Predictions:
Boehner is toast.
This will be brought up continuously in 2016.
Any hopes of a Republican majority in the Senate are gone.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM

359 posts, read 774,173 times
I never chime in the Political forum but to think someone has just compared an American political party to one that killed millions of innocent people demonstrates the OPs character, and maybe even limited mental capacity to grasp the fundamentals of compare and contrast.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if you feel you need to disrespect the memories of millions of people then I hope you learn to control your emotions a little better and realize how foolhardy you sound.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Actually I am only embarrassing people who haven't yet seen the truth about Obama and his puppet Harry Reid. BTW, isn't BIDEN supposed to be the presiding over the senate? Where has HE been through all this?

And maybe those who cannot spell embarrass. . .
BOO HOO. please dont call me a NAZI it hurts my feelings. Im sorry someone call your BFFs terrorists.

Are we good now? dry your eyes and blow your nose and lets just get along.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:36 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa dave View Post
I never chime in the Political forum but to think someone has just compared an American political party to one that killed millions of innocent people demonstrates the OPs character, and maybe even limited mental capacity to grasp the fundamentals of compare and contrast.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if you feel you need to disrespect the memories of millions of people then I hope you learn to control your emotions a little better and realize how foolhardy you sound.
He's right though. The one thing the Nazis did is blame the faults of the nation on one political party. That's where the similarity stops, though.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:

The democrats calling the republicans the American Taliban, where the Democrats are 50% of the problem.

They refuse to see that it's their total refusal to talk to the House of representatives that has led to this. And while i don't like it, I think they shutdown AND no debt limit changes need to stay right where they are until they realize that they are ALSO part of the problem.
I know you are but what am I?

This is getting so silly.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Actually I am only embarrassing people who haven't yet seen the truth about Obama and his puppet Harry Reid. BTW, isn't BIDEN supposed to be the presiding over the senate? Where has HE been through all this?

And maybe those who cannot spell embarrass. . .

Liberals aren't capable of being embarrassed and don't realize how they appear. They are either stupid, or evil. It changes with the day and the time, and with the person speaking. Some of them are both stupid and evil.

Now the Democrats refuse to fund essential functions of the Government simply on ideology, not based on need, or prudence, or rationality, or fiscal responsibility. "If we can't have it all, in one piece, we won't pass any of it..." is their stand. They are holding everyone hostage just to get their way, and I'm growing weary of Democrats being dishonest about it. It's appears that Obama wants to inflict as much pain upon the average American as he possibly can, and doesn't care!

Our illustrious leader's "quote of the decade" is so fitting to recall at this time:

The Quote of the Decade:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Since he keeps passing the buck (it doesn't stop with him) and blaming everyone but himself and his party for bad choices...well, you can know the rest...

Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:

Google Nazi party.

Then apologize for lowering everyone's IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies