Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Individual policy holders will, for the most part, receive better coverage that is more affordable, thanks to subsidies. There is no chance the policy can be cancelled due to pre-existing conditions, which can often be the case with current health plans.
There is a huge chunk of folks out there who DO NOT QUALIFY for subsidies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,906,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How many people believe the promises made by any politician of any party while at the podium?

You all sound like political novices.
I really hate to say it but I believed it, my wife's insurance was cancelled and her new policy costs $173.00 a month more. But I have to look at the bright side, at 63 years of age she now has maternity benefits.
We have not paid the premium as of yet hoping something will happen to either fix this mess or maybe we will all wake up from this bad dream and no policies will be cancelled and Obamacare will just go away.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
How many people believe the promises made by any politician of any party while at the podium?

And why is that? Because they know there are millions of you that will accept the lies.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I really hate to say it but I believed it, my wife's insurance was cancelled and her new policy costs $173.00 a month more. But I have to look at the bright side, at 63 years of age she now has maternity benefits.
"Free" birth control also.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
We have not paid the premium as of yet hoping something will happen to either fix this mess or maybe we will all wake up from this bad dream and no policies will be cancelled and Obamacare will just go away.
As a perfectly healthy 27 year old, I will pay $93/mo more for the same coverage. People can tell me how good the ACA is all they want, that doesn't change how much more I will pay every month.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:

You sound like the perfect voter for ANY candidate who tells you "Don't think critically, just accept the fact that we're going to lie to you. Everybody does it, so its okay."

You should ALWAYS hold people in power accountable. We have a president who has been lying since 2008 ( it goes without saying that he's been lying since he was old enough to lie), and your response is "How many people believe the promises made by any politician of any party while at the podium?"

No wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 AM

511 posts, read 799,806 times
Quote:
What does it matter what he 'promised'? The language was not in the bill. The bill was voted on as it was...without the 'promise'. The democratic legislators would have passed ACA...'promise' or no 'promise'.
It matters because the bill was sold to the American people under a bold face lie. If we all knew from the beginning that Obamacare meant that you would lose your insurance or see a 100% or more increase in costs then there would have been a lot more protests. Democrats would have been less likely to vote on the bill for fear of angering their voter base.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
That's ridiculous.

I'm surprised Obamacare won't require PAP smear coverage for men and prostate wellness for women.

Where we live, you're only required to buy flood insurance if you live in a floodplain. Otherwise, it's optional.
But that concept is too easy and doesn't involve enough government control for this administration's liking...

Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
The worm has turned. The Media has finally been aroused from their fan boy stupor.

When NBC actually jumps off the turnip truck

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

"President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years. Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC News that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law."

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations

It goes on to say that the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them because they wrote the regulations making it so.

If this big lie is not an impeachable offense than this President is a bigger lame duck than the Aflac duck. He may as well go golfing for the rest of his term because Congress will be scared to death to pass any law that he's just going to regulate around. They won't trust him not to.

As Greta Van Sustern said the other night, "When are these guys going to realize we have everything they say on videotape?"

Last edited by LauraC; 10-29-2013 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Excuse me for not taking at face value that a blog known to be hateful in its intent (linked in the OP) ... is truthfully reporting on the matter. Post a link to the report where the IRS is reported to have said what the haters are saying it says ... so that we can each read the words as written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies