Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 09:19 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Individual policy holders will, for the most part, receive better coverage that is more affordable, thanks to subsidies. There is no chance the policy can be cancelled due to pre-existing conditions, which can often be the case with current health plans.
^^^ Democrat party drone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
you all have been calling him a liar for years...now all of a sudden youre shocked. If you believed him...that's on you.
People have called him a liar for years due to the fact he lies,

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
How many people believe the promises made by any politician of any party while at the podium?

You all sound like political novices.
Yet, you want them in charge of your medical care.

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
^^^ Democrat party drone
Teapublican parrot^^^^^

Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I knew he was FOS back when he was running for president in 2008. I think I must have been called a racist over 100 times from all the kool-aid drinkers because I did not believe this man. And I remember the lines "you can keep your health plan" being parroted back from the kool aid drinkers. It's funny, sad and a bit scary how these people just are so mesmerized with Obama.
Whether you are a racist or not has nothing to do with a politician's promises. those items should not be conflated. If people called you a racist...they had their own reasons.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
What does it matter what he 'promised'? The language was not in the bill. The bill was voted on as it was...without the 'promise'. The democratic legislators would have passed ACA...'promise' or no 'promise'.
yes, we all know by now that Obama is the biggest liar ever.. people are finding out what kind of character or no character Obama has. Worst man ever to be in office. Now the liberals accept his lies . Goes to show liberals have no character either.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yet, you want them in charge of your medical care.
"Dont worry, you'll still be able to get that heart transplant you need under our new medical care program".. (cough.. Someone prepare another casket)...

Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Teapublican parrot^^^^^
So you're admitting that teaparty members are smarter than the rest of society because they KNEW Obama was lying? Well who am I too argue that you guys are too dumb..

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Excuse me for not taking at face value that a blog known to be hateful in its intent (linked in the OP) ... is truthfully reporting on the matter. Post a link to the report where the IRS is reported to have said what the haters are saying it says ... so that we can each read the words as written.
The link to the IRS analysis is in the OP's link.

https://webapps.dol.gov/federalregis...px?DocId=23967

It's long, because it outlines the rules allowing policy providers to grandfather existing policies. It does estimate that the insurance companies would cancel policies, both group policies and individual policies, because the insurance companies would prefer to essentially transfer people from small high-risk pools to larger lower-risk pools. Cancelling individual policies and offering them more expensive policies is what for-profit insurance does. They know, statistically, that people with existing health problems are less likely to switch companies, so for-profit insurance companies are going to do this, and they get to "blame" their increased profits on the ACA. A win-win for insurance companies. However, the cap on profits will likely result in people receiving checks from insurance companies for excess premiums, and if people would shop around, they would find they could get similar or better coverage for close to the same price they are currently paying.

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Noone lied to me. did you believe everything Mr. Obama promised? I didnt. So no one lied to me.
Come on, Chimuelojones, just because you didn't believe it doesn't mean it wasn't a lie. Why do you think it's okay for politicians to lie just because they always do? These people do it because we have become complacent partisans that don't care if our own side lies as long as we get what we want. I say, f*** that! Hold politicians accountable for their lies, and they'll stop lying. Obama gets away with so much lying because he knows the mainstream media will never call him on it, and he can vilify Fox News and talk radio to the point where his supporters just dismiss whatever they report even if it's true (Benghazi anyone?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies