Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 08:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times

Advertisements

It is vital that anything passed as temporary ends. If we fail to do that, we just removed the meaning of temporary measures.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Well, he did admit to scamming us taxpayers; admitted he was a thief. A good chance he lies too.
So do you now admit that there is pretty solid evidence that the poster did lie?

Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your party has fallen from greatness.

Alf Landon, 1936 Republican nomination for president said this: “Out of this Depression has come, not only the problem of recovery but also the equally grave problem of caring for the unemployed until recovery is attained. Their relief at all times is a matter of plain duty. We of our Party pledge that this obligation will never be neglected.”

Now, you party wants to neglect needy Americans.
Obama has said over and over and over that the economy IS recovering. The recession ended in June 2009! If we still have this many in poverty it is time to change direction. The liberals way is not working.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Besides --- the people of this country spend BILLIONS every month on illegal drugs like pot and meth. Maybe we just don't have our priorities straight? The welfare crowd could consider giving up marijuana purchases -- or beer and cigarettes and use that money saved for food?
It's not the welfare who spends money on pot. It's the rest of society lol And you can't buy beer or cigarettes on food stamps. You can't buy diapers either.....only food products. You can't buy drugs with food stamps either.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 PM

16,620 posts, read 8,632,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Meanwhile, no one complains about the "food stamps" (tax relief) provided to dozens of corporations like the oil and gas industry (they are suffering so, so much) which amounts to almost 50% more than all the welfare provided in the nation today.
That is not true as it is not a zero sum argument/position. Why must people such as yourself who are apologists for the welfare state that has helped create dependence and the entitlement mentality always try to deflect to corperate welfare

Why not see where people have common ground and agree to stop the abuse one issue at a time.

I recently heard(but have not confirmed with another source or two, that the NFL does not pay taxes an the hundreds of millions they collect from each team. They supposedly claim some special exemption that other major sports organizations (i.e. MLB, NBA, NHL) do not claim. That would be a prime example of where most of us could agree they have no business taking any tax break, especially one so obviously designed for other tax exempt organizations like churches that help people.

Now enough deflection to get off the subject of the welfare cheats like those in the video clips I posted. Since I am a hard working person, it pisses me off that the Food Stamp Surfer gets away with it because of Obama's loosening of the oversight.
Also the parasites who live to breed and expect us to take care of their irresponsibility in pumping out a dozen future parasites to feed off of, and eventually kill the host.

`

Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,316,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Without knowing the statistics of the estimated 1.3% of actual Food Stamp fraud and abuse, how can you make a statement such as that? Do you think that the other 98.7% deserves to be punished? I agree that there should be ways to determine actual abuse and put an end to it, but this is not the way and it's not even going to make a big difference other than have an adverse affect on the people that need it.
I can make this statement because it is my opinion. I am entitled to one that is different from yours no matter what you believe. Also, this is just an end to a temporary increase. It was put into place with the knowledge that it would end, and it has.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:46 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not the welfare who spends money on pot. It's the rest of society lol And you can't buy beer or cigarettes on food stamps. You can't buy diapers either.....only food products. You can't buy drugs with food stamps either.
PLEASE. Tell me you're not that naive.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
PLEASE. Tell me you're not that naive.
Naive about what...what food stamps buy? I know because my niece gets food stamps.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,526,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The boost in food stamp spending was designed to be temporary, and now it ends, and I am glad it does.

WASHINGTON – Forty-eight million Americans will have their food stamps benefits slashed starting Friday, when a recession-era boost in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program expires.

The move to cut back benefits will be the first wide-scale change to the program affecting nearly every single participant. The 13.6 percent cut comes out to about $36 a month less for a family of four getting government assistance or $420 a year, according to the Department of Agriculture

Deep cuts to country's food stamp program kick in as Congress debates more | Fox News
"Slashed" by $36 dollars? Oh the tragedy. One woman was complaining now she will need to get canned fruits and vegetables instead of fresh and packaged meat instead of fresh meat. News flash----most people get that right now. Welcome to the real world. It sounds like these people have been living the high life and need to know how the majority of society lives.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"Slashed" by $36 dollars? Oh the tragedy. One woman was complaining now she will need to get canned fruits and vegetables instead of fresh and packaged meat instead of fresh meat. News flash----most people get that right now. Welcome to the real world. It sounds like these people have been living the high life and need to know how the majority of society lives.
Most people buy fresh produce when they can. That is not living the high life. Who do you know that buys canned fruit and vegetables? I don't know anyone. I guess you buy it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies