Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you think people should just have sex and not thing of the consequences? Wow.

BTW, sex is only an imperative for instinct driven animals, not humans. Are you saying many of these irresponsible parents dumping millions of illegitimate, ignorant law breaking humans on our country are instinct driven animals?

I may actually agree with you on that.
dear god! How old are you, 105? Clearly you've forgotten what it was like to be young and healthy. INDEED people do have sex without thinking of the consequences at times. If birth control were more readily available, then there would be less pregnancies.

You need to read up on BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVES........it applies to human beings. Your above post is just too full of biases and bigotry to try to address all of them. For some reason the word "ignorant" does come to mind.

Biological imperative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Biological imperatives are important to the study of evolution. In order for species to persist, they must by definition reproduce to ensure the continuation of their species. Without reproduction the species ceases to exist. The capacity for reproduction and the drive to do so whenever physiological and environmental conditions allow it are universal among living organisms and are expressed in a multitude of ways by the spectrum of living organisms.

Relationships between potentially conflicting biological imperatives, such as self-preservation and reproduction are similarly resolved in an extraordinary variety of fashions by different organisms, from those who sacrifice themselves to procreate or increase the survival chances of their offspring to those who will abandon their descendants to their own luck when threatened so they may live and successfully procreate another day.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Funny you should mention that as I seldom read the Help Wanted but did yesterday where there was a long detailed ad for pickers....housing or transportation provided if necessary, $9 something an hour plus some details about piecework
Prove it. Give us the name of the place where you were reading "Help Wanted" and where such an ad was placed so we can look it up for ourselves. OR scan it and post it here. I simply do not believe anyone is advertising jobs for "pickers" at "$9 something" per hour. I live near some very large wholesale nurseries and they hire lots and lots of "Hispanic" people and black people............THEY ARE NOT PAYING MINIMUM WAGE or ABOVE.

Again, give us some proof in re the ad you saw for "pickers" paying over $9 per hour with HOUSING or TRANSPORTATION provided. Otherwise, it didn't happen.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM

872 posts, read 828,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
dear god! How old are you, 105? Clearly you've forgotten what it was like to be young and healthy. INDEED people do have sex without thinking of the consequences at times. If birth control were more readily available, then there would be less pregnancies.

You need to read up on BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVES........it applies to human beings. Your above post is just too full of biases and bigotry to try to address all of them. For some reason the word "ignorant" does come to mind.

Biological imperative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Biological imperatives are important to the study of evolution. In order for species to persist, they must by definition reproduce to ensure the continuation of their species. Without reproduction the species ceases to exist. The capacity for reproduction and the drive to do so whenever physiological and environmental conditions allow it are universal among living organisms and are expressed in a multitude of ways by the spectrum of living organisms.

Relationships between potentially conflicting biological imperatives, such as self-preservation and reproduction are similarly resolved in an extraordinary variety of fashions by different organisms, from those who sacrifice themselves to procreate or increase the survival chances of their offspring to those who will abandon their descendants to their own luck when threatened so they may live and successfully procreate another day.
I have to disagree. Condemns are available at just about any store in any state in any city. Birth control is readily available, there is no age limit to be able to buy condemns. If money is an issue, some schools will hand them out for free along with planned parenthood.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
That is not what happened at all. The temporary increase in the food stamp program elapsed. That is a fact rather than just some rant against a political party.
The House bill to cut food assistance by $39 billion over the next ten years is NOT just the end of a "temporary increase". Let's see what the Senate does with that. Hope to god the bill dies a lasting death there.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
I have to disagree. Condemns are available at just about any store in any state in any city. Birth control is readily available, there is no age limit to be able to buy condemns. If money is an issue, some schools will hand them out for free along with planned parenthood.
If someone is receiving public assistance, the MONEY is indeed "an issue." So every person receiving public assistance in the form of food stamps, you believe, is a school-aged person so they can, in some cases, get condemns for free "at school"? Obviously this will come as a big surprise to you, but many women who are mothers are far past high school age and long out of high school. Additionally, the birth control pill is a much more effective means of preventing pregnancies. Why not provide women receiving food stamps birth control pills as well?

Sex is a biological DRIVE. People have sex. It's a FACT that you cannot change. Why fight it by insisting people "think" and "behave" the way YOU want them to behave? Why not provide the most practical means available to prevent pregnancies, the birth control pill, or an IUD if the person wants one? Condemns are a last resort, and they BREAK!!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Prove it. Give us the name of the place where you were reading "Help Wanted" and where such an ad was placed so we can look it up for ourselves. OR scan it and post it here. I simply do not believe anyone is advertising jobs for "pickers" at "$9 something" per hour. I live near some very large wholesale nurseries and they hire lots and lots of "Hispanic" people and black people............THEY ARE NOT PAYING MINIMUM WAGE or ABOVE.

Again, give us some proof in re the ad you saw for "pickers" paying over $9 per hour with HOUSING or TRANSPORTATION provided. Otherwise, it didn't happen.
here is what I found....simple Google search

[CENTER]Farm, Fruit Picking & Packing Jobs[/CENTER]
[CENTER]There are many agricultural jobs available to working travellers planting, peeling, packing and picking fruit and vegetables.[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Hours can be long and it's often necessary to work everyday to get the crops picked, therefore earnings can be lucrative.[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Some farmers pay by the hour but for harvest work many pay you for what you pick (piece rate) so you need to be reasonably fit and hard working to make it pay. Accommodation is often provided, although usually fairly basic[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Although we do advertise a number of opportunities on this site we have found that many small scale farmers advertise their vacancies locally or by word of mouth so if you are looking for more of this type of work it would be a good idea to ask around in Hostels and Pubs that farmers frequent.

Farm And Fruit Picking Jobs At Anywork Anywhere[/CENTER]
Job Number: 7081283
Title: Farm worker, fruit (Apple Picker) (NOC: 8431)
Terms of Employment: Seasonal, Full Time, Weekend, Day
Salary: $10.30 Hourly for 40 hours per week

Job Bank - Job Profile

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Old 11-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
If someone is receiving public assistance, the MONEY is indeed "an issue." So every person receiving public assistance in the form of food stamps, you believe, is a school-aged person so they can, in some cases, get condemns for free "at school"? Obviously this will come as a big surprise to you, but many women who are mothers are far past high school age and long out of high school. Additionally, the birth control pill is a much more effective means of preventing pregnancies. Why not provide women receiving food stamps birth control pills as well?

Sex is a biological DRIVE. People have sex. It's a FACT that you cannot change. Why fight it by insisting people "think" and "behave" the way YOU want them to behave? Why not provide the most practical means available to prevent pregnancies, the birth control pill, or an IUD if the person wants one? Condemns are a last resort, and they BREAK!!

If you would have read my entire post.....I said some schools hand out free condoms.....along WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Read what is written and not what you WANT to read. Maybe, just maybe you could get somewhere if you quit making a fool of yourself.

Originally Posted by Tassy001

I happen to know plenty about sex, I certainly do not need you to tell me anything about it.

Planned Parenthood offers free or reduced cost services for birth control. So, what I am getting from you is this is not good enough for you.

Why not???? Let's just provide them with anything thing they made need. At some point, we have to stop spoon feeding people.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:

Only ingorance will not agree with you and what you have said. You speak the damn truth, which people these days, don't like the truth, too damn bad.

Sex is a big biological Drive. When some people are Hot and bothered, they don't think of the consequences that will come later, it is get the lube running right now. And ignorance plays a big part to some people not wanting protection. That is just a automatic thinking. People do not think and behave rationale when it comes to Hox Sex right now, they don't think and if they did, there would not be so many babies being born out of wedlock period! And young Moms raising their baby by themselves.

How many of these young teens and young women think of the consequences of what if, in case i get pregnant, they don't it is feeling good for right now, and to hell in case i get pregnant. Wrong, take a look at all of our young teens today, so screwed up, i watched a program not that long ago on tv, about teens being raised by just a Mom, and it was not good, some will take their responsiblity very serious, while others don't give a damn, and it shows in our misbehaving teens. And why some are so screwed up, they need love, care, and examples to be set by, and learning right from wrong. Which some will never get, and thus the problems they will face in their life.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
If you would have read my entire post.....I said some schools hand out free condoms.....along WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Read what is written and not what you WANT to read. Maybe, just maybe you could get somewhere if you quit making a fool of yourself.

Originally Posted by Tassy001

I happen to know plenty about sex, I certainly do not need you to tell me anything about it.

Planned Parenthood offers free or reduced cost services for birth control. So, what I am getting from you is this is not good enough for you.

Why not???? Let's just provide them with anything thing they made need. At some point, we have to stop spoon feeding people.
Geee! Who pooped in your cereal? LOL

I'm suggesting that IF the real problem with people getting food stamps is the so-called "Welfare Queens" having more and more babies, why not be practical about it and provide them with birth control pills along WITH the food stamp money? Make it easy, really easy. It may be difficult for most of these women to get to planned parenthood, but they could pick up their cost-free birth control pills from grocery stores who also have pharmacies. Btw, I don't believe that public assistance is going MOSTLY to minority women who have lots of children without a husband, that old Reagan stereotype of Welfare Queen.. Also, what's your PROBLEM with feeding CHILDREN? They have no control over who their parents are, and like all human beings, they must eat in order to stay alive. You are aware that the welfare program was changed in 1996, aren't you? That was AFTER Reagan was President.

NOBODY is SPOON-FEEDING anybody. The amount of money provided to people receiving food stamps is for food, and with the price of food these days, $200 per month per person does not go very far. I don't think people in Florida even get $200 per month per person. Your Tea party governor Rick Scott is totally determined to kill off all the poor people in this state.

Btw, is your name old_cold? My response about sex was specifically to his/her post. Interesting that you took it so personally, Tassy. Did you think I was asking you if you were 105 years old or did you forget who you are?

FYI;

The economy is picking up in some parts of the country, but that hasn't translated into any new serious efforts to help those suffering the most hardship. In fact, for those on the lowest rung of the economic ladder, life may be getting even harder. A new report from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) looks at cash benefits provided under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, commonly known as "welfare." It finds that the value of monthly cash benefits that make up the fragile safety net for the poorest families with children has continued to decline steadily since the program was "reformed" in 1996.
Back then, benefits weren't exactly generous, but they did manage to keep a whole lot of kids out of really deep poverty. Today, those benefits are almost nonexistent.

CHART: Welfare Reform Is Leaving More In Deep Poverty | Mother Jones

Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
So what if they have sex then have children? That's TWO working age parents. They can WORK, including the woman. After all women have won the right to work. Having babies should not mean a life of welfare handouts period.

You breed 'em, you feed 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies