Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What would be amazing is an America where people have sex ONLY when they want to have children. Do you really believe most people have sex only in order to have children? SEX is a biological imperative, you know.
So you think people should just have sex and not thing of the consequences? Wow.

BTW, sex is only an imperative for instinct driven animals, not humans. Are you saying many of these irresponsible parents dumping millions of illegitimate, ignorant law breaking humans on our country are instinct driven animals?

I may actually agree with you on that.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 PM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
36 less a month for a family of four getting over 600 a month.... Yeah, i don't feel so bad considering my family of four spend less than 500 a month... I can't believe they eat better than me... I don't think they cut deep enough... Liberal thread FAIL...
500 per month for 4 people? your not eating better.

At least your not getting good nutrition. I'm guessing lots of soda, processed food stuff, and fast food.

Unless of course you are raising your own food... garden, livestock, chickens etc... then you probably could do that.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
An isolated situation...... Baxley News Banner, Brunswick, GA

"
"I read a police report a few days back that was actually printed in The Brunswick News last April. The report shared that a Brunswick woman had her purse stolen from inside her car at her residence. Now you may be asking why I have no pity for this woman. Take a gander at this report:

Purse stolen from woman at residence

A woman said she noticed her purse missing from her car just before 5:00 p.m. Sunday. The car was parked at her residence on Hornet Drive, Brunswick. The woman said the car had been locked, and the purse was in the back seat.

The purse was valued at $400.00, her wallet was valued at $200.00 and she said there was $800.00 cash in the purse, according to the police report. Also missing were the woman’s food stamp cards.

Did you notice the last paragraph? I wonder how many hard-working taxpayers in this community have a $400.00 purse, a $200.00 wallet and $800.00 cash in their purse or wallets? One could also question how this woman, who is using food stamps, could possibly afford such luxuries?"
Maybe the purse was a gift, she just cashed her check and was going to pay rent.. you know in a lot of areas, it's expensive to keep a checking account.

You can't judge on circumstantial evidence.

Also, she may have had a good job when she purchased those items, and now she doesn't.... Did you hear about the Great recession?

A buddy of mine, use to make 250k a yr. and now lives in a motorhome and can't make more than min. wage.
He was a really good builder, but now he can't do his trade, cuz he can't get bonded or insured, after BK...
You never know anymore....

Or, she could be a crack dealer and is milking the system... it's all fake money anyway.. hell the US craps billions a month in debt.. this month the debt racked up 500 billion....

funny money.. next story..

Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
An isolated situation...... Baxley News Banner, Brunswick, GA

"
"I read a police report a few days back that was actually printed in The Brunswick News last April. The report shared that a Brunswick woman had her purse stolen from inside her car at her residence. Now you may be asking why I have no pity for this woman. Take a gander at this report:

Purse stolen from woman at residence

A woman said she noticed her purse missing from her car just before 5:00 p.m. Sunday. The car was parked at her residence on Hornet Drive, Brunswick. The woman said the car had been locked, and the purse was in the back seat.

The purse was valued at $400.00, her wallet was valued at $200.00 and she said there was $800.00 cash in the purse, according to the police report. Also missing were the woman’s food stamp cards.

Did you notice the last paragraph? I wonder how many hard-working taxpayers in this community have a $400.00 purse, a $200.00 wallet and $800.00 cash in their purse or wallets? One could also question how this woman, who is using food stamps, could possibly afford such luxuries?"
Republicans cut food stamps because some abused the system. We've found some gun owners who have abused the system................

Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Republicans cut food stamps because some abused the system. We've found some gun owners who have abused the system................
That is not what happened at all. The temporary increase in the food stamp program elapsed. That is a fact rather than just some rant against a political party.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Funny you should mention that as I seldom read the Help Wanted but did yesterday where there was a long detailed ad for pickers....housing or transportation provided if necessary, $9 something an hour plus some details about piecework
Sounds better than this.
Join the Coalition of Immokalee Workers in calling on Stop ...
quote:
Florida tomato pickers -- who harvest 90% of the fresh tomatoes produced in the U.S. from November to May -- have long faced sweatshop conditions, including stagnant, sub-poverty wages and abuses such as sexual harassment. Farm workers earn just 50 cents per 32-lb bucket of tomatoes they pick and haul. At that rate, one would have to pick 2.25 TONS of tomatoes to earn minimum wage for a typical 10-hr day. In the most extreme conditions, farm workers are held against their will and forced to work in modern-day slavery rings.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Where do you live? Practically everyone I know, including myself, buys canned fruits and vegetables.
I live in Maryland. Why in the world would anyone buy canned products. Don't you have fresh produce where you live.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
And laws have been passed in regards to gun ownership.
To use the lefts argument in regard to ending the tax cuts. They were temporary. Time elapsed and now the food stamp program is being returned to where it belongs.
If a family of four can't eat on 560 a month damn.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
BTW, sex is only an imperative for instinct driven animals, not humans. Are you saying many of these irresponsible parents dumping millions of illegitimate, ignorant law breaking humans on our country are instinct driven animals?

I may actually agree with you on that.
As do I. What we are witnessing is the devolution of the human race.

devolution: de-evolution, or backward evolution is the concept that a species can change into a more primitive form over time.

Normally, in countries in which the poor have higher birth rates, they also have much higher infant/childhood mortality rates. That is due to the normal evolutionary process: survival of the fittest.

When society interferes with that natural evolutionary process by providing welfare and other artificial means of support (free medical care, etc.), the result is the devolution of the human race:

Researchers say Western IQs dropped 14 points over last century

If that same rate of IQ attrition continues for another 100 years, the average Western IQ will have dropped to 72, which is at the bottom of the Borderline Intellectual Functioning level according to the DSM-IV:
IQ Classifications - AssessmentPsychology.com

We are indeed witnessing the devolution of the human race.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
If the dems would agree to ANY real oversight and STOP some of the waste, fraud and abuse, maybe the repubs wouldn't have to resort to making cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies