Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I call them minors, college students or illegals.
And your list is incomplete.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:46 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,763,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's not possible for every person in the country to be self-employed.
it's called supplemental income. you say I have a "narrow minded view of things." I say you have a low opinion of people.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why don't they work for a company that will pay them more for the skills they can bring to the table? Oh, thats right, they don't have skills companies are willing to pay more for.
The AVAILABLE JOBS are not out there. You really should keep up with what's going on in this country.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's called supplemental income. you say I have a "narrow minded view of things." I say you have a low opinion of people.
Where do YOU get supplement income, HOW did you manage that, and WHEN?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:53 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,305,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The boost in food stamp spending was designed to be temporary, and now it ends, and I am glad it does.

WASHINGTON – Forty-eight million Americans will have their food stamps benefits slashed starting Friday, when a recession-era boost in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program expires.

The move to cut back benefits will be the first wide-scale change to the program affecting nearly every single participant. The 13.6 percent cut comes out to about $36 a month less for a family of four getting government assistance or $420 a year, according to the Department of Agriculture

Deep cuts to country's food stamp program kick in as Congress debates more | Fox News
This should make conservatives very happy. The thought of poor people struggling to buy food is a win to conservatives.

You see for conservatives the poor need proper motivation not to be poor, and to the extent that they don't go hungry as a result of their poverty in the conservative mind is a bad thing that keeps them poor.

In the conservative mind if they had to struggle with hunger, that would motivate them to not be poor.

conservatives have very sick minds.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This should make conservatives very happy. The thought of poor people struggling to buy food is a win to conservatives.

You see for conservatives the poor need proper motivation not to be poor, and to the extent that they don't go hungry as a result of their poverty in the conservative mind is a bad thing that keeps them poor.

In the conservative mind if they had to struggle with hunger, that would motivate them to not be poor.

conservatives have very sick minds.
Conservative mind set --- "I got some, my boss has yours and most of mine, that's the way it should be!".

Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
True conservatives would be happy we spend less money, not because people suffer. The problem is with mainstream Republicans (not conservatives) who would be happy to see poor people struggle because it gives them ammo to score political points by accusing Obama for the struggles.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,305,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True conservatives would be happy we spend less money, not because people suffer. The problem is with mainstream Republicans (not conservatives) who would be happy to see poor people struggle because it gives them ammo to score political points by accusing Obama for the struggles.
I disagree. There might be faction of conservatives an extremely small faction that wants less government spending across the board, but that doesn't describe most conservatives.

Most conservatives love big government. In fact the three largest federal government programs, social security, medicare, and the Military in all its various spending are the most popular government programs with conservatives.

Now think seriously, if conservatives were really about less spending, then those government programs that spend the most would be the most disliked by conservatives in general.

Yet again the exact opposite is true.

No conservatives consistently love big government, they just hate government spending that helps groups of people that conservatives hate. That stance is not being anti-spending or for small government. It is just being anti- other Americans.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
I disagree. There might be faction of conservatives an extremely small faction that wants less government spending across the board, but that doesn't describe most conservatives.

Most conservatives love big government. In fact the three largest federal government programs, social security, medicare, and the Military in all its various spending are the most popular government programs with conservatives.

Now think seriously, if conservatives were really about less spending, then those government programs that spend the most would be the most disliked by conservatives in general.

Yet again the exact opposite is true.

No conservatives consistently love big government, they just hate government spending that helps groups of people that conservatives hate. That stance is not being anti-spending or for small government. It is just being anti- other Americans.
Conservatives do not love big government, but mainstream Republicans sure seem to love it. Republicans give conservatives a bad name.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 PM

89,157 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What would be amazing is an America where people have sex ONLY when they want to have children. Do you really believe most people have sex only in order to have children? SEX is a biological imperative, you know.
So is survival of the fittest. It's called evolution. Do you believe in evolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies