Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The federal minimum wage should be repealed. Congress does not have the constitutional authority to establish a minimum wage, a maximum wage, or wages of any kind. If States want to establish a minimum wage, they have that constitutional authority. Whereas the federal government does not.

Considering that all 50 States already have an established minimum wage, and most of those States are higher than the federal minimum wage, a repeal of the federal minimum wage will have absolutely no effect except to bring the federal government one tiny step closer to being in compliance with the US Constitution.
There needs to be a federal minimum wage. Otherwise, the neo-Confederacy would repeal their minimum wage laws, causing wages to slide downwards in the rest of the country in order to compete. No, no, and no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 03:25 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well government doesnt create jobs, but laws like min.wage certainly reduce them, so good plan.
show your work

Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
And I said that? This is the maybe the stupidest loaded question I've ever seen.

And "you are insane". Is that supposed to be an insult?
An insult? I asked a question and you answer with a question? Hmmmm?

Old 12-07-2013, 03:43 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
An insult? I asked a question and you answer with a question? Hmmmm?
It wasn't a proper question though because you answered it yourself. Go back and read what you wrote.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Once again, we have another thread where right wingers are openly advocating a policy that would do nothing but punish their fellow Americans. Good job, guys.

I said it earlier, I think they want to go back to the days when the Ludlow Massacre was possible, and they've done nothing but show I'm right.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,943 times
Quote:
I make plenty of money and I'm not in a union. I bargain my own salary. I get paid for what I'm worth not what the "collective" is worth. That is something you liberals can't seem to understand. NO they are not career jobs unless you want to live in poverty your entire "career". There are so many options for these people to better their lives, yes government programs, training programs, get a gdam loan and go to school, but instead they sit around and cry how they should get more money. Hey I worked two jobs and raised twins back in the day to get where I am. so don't tell me anything about being a "poor thing". I didn't want my children to be "poor things" and I did what I did. You now want to steal my childrens money and hand it to lazy people who don't want to work hard. You are pathetic.
Oh boy...here we go...

1. I'm not a liberal. I would like to greatly reduce the amount the public has to subsidize poor workers. Only way to do that is to increase what they make. Companies aren't going to willingly pay them what they're worth and workers don't currently have the bargaining power to get it. Maybe you would find you and your kids pay out less money if we could get some people off welfare and have a actual salary.

2. Education obviously isn't the solution. Who wants to take out potentially 10s of thousands of dollars in loans with the poor prospects they have to get a good job afterwards. Not everyone is at these jobs because they're lazy, many are there because they got laid off from a good job and no one will hire them back, some have families and can't wait, and then you have the recent grads who are there because they now have to pay several hundred a month in loans back and couldn't find anything else. Sorry to break it to you but your typical response of go to school is not gonna get many people anywhere except in debt. Hopefully none of this happened to your kids, but then I kinda wish it would since most of you can't get a grasp of the way things are until it hits home.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Once again, we have another thread where right wingers are openly advocating a policy that would do nothing but punish their fellow Americans. Good job, guys.

I said it earlier, I think they want to go back to the days when the Ludlow Massacre was possible, and they've done nothing but show I'm right.
I think they're realizing that the poor and minorities are not voting for them but only increasing in numbers, so insteading of trying yo appeal to them, they want to get rid of them so their big rich friends will be the only ones with a say. It'll be like France pre French revolution except with a modern skyline and 20 lane freeways.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
You should get paid your worth in a company. If your worth two bucks then that is it. If your worth fifty bucks then that is what it is. Now folks cry because they think they should be worth fifteen bucks to dump fries into a bin an put em in a container??? LOL
I bet you think you are worth more than you really are. Every Con wants people to be paid for what they are worth until someone tells them they are only worth $2 an hour.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:42 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So by your standards, you don't have a problem with throwing people in jail for distributing pamphlets, as long as the SCOTUS says it's OK?
Agree or disagree with the Supreme Court doesn't change something being constitutional unless it is overridden by Congress.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
I make plenty of money and I'm not in a union. I bargain my own salary. I get paid for what I'm worth not what the "collective" is worth. That is something you liberals can't seem to understand. NO they are not career jobs unless you want to live in poverty your entire "career". There are so many options for these people to better their lives, yes government programs, training programs, get a gdam loan and go to school, but instead they sit around and cry how they should get more money. Hey I worked two jobs and raised twins back in the day to get where I am. so don't tell me anything about being a "poor thing". I didn't want my children to be "poor things" and I did what I did. You now want to steal my childrens money and hand it to lazy people who don't want to work hard. You are pathetic.

??? where can i get one of those training programs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies