Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
I wasn't complaining about "people coming out". I was complaining about the sensationalism of it and the way it is perpetuated in the media. And if it was an issue restricted to just the media then people wouldn't feel the need to use it as a platform to make announcements.
Unhuh, refer to all of your posts in this thread. All.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So, what does gay marriage hurt?
I don't know, maybe you should ask people that are hurt by it. Because apparently many people are.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
I don't know, maybe you should ask people that are hurt by it. Because apparently many people are.
Like who? You're posing as an expert here.

We already know about the Usual Suspects here on CD. They're the ones who favor a Christian theocracy, or just plain find homosexuality to be "icky." No one so far has proved that they're "hurt" by it in any way.

So what else ya got? Anyone who really is hurt, as opposed to just butt-hurt?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
You're the one who made the claim so you answer the question. Who or what does gay marriage hurt?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Like who? You're posing as an expert here.

We already know about the Usual Suspects here on CD. They're the ones who favor a Christian theocracy, or just plain find homosexuality to be "icky." No one so far has proved that they're "hurt" by it in any way.

So what else ya got? Anyone who really is hurt, as opposed to just butt-hurt?
I will just chalk it up to the uncertainty principle. If you can prove that homosexuality is overwhelmingly accepted...knock yourself out.

My statement holds as true as the inverse.

Quote:
You're the one who made the claim so you answer the question. Who or what does gay marriage hurt?

It hurts people who find homosexuality disgusting.

Now, what do you mean by hurt?

And when will you stop begging the question?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
The poster will not have an answer.

The poster has continually posted about homosexuals, homosexuality, and homosexual relationships...but has given any logical opinion on the central theme of this thread. Why? Because post after post after post...shows the poster has no formulated thoughts on SSM.

The poster has plenty to say, just not on the topic.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
I will just chalk it up to the uncertainty principle. If you can prove that homosexuality is overwhelmingly accepted...knock yourself out.

My statement holds as true as the inverse.
Yes, the majority of Americans support same sex marriage, and the numbers grow in every poll.

Civil Rights

However, we do not get to have a popularity contest for rights in this country. We aren't a direct democracy.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:

It hurts people who find homosexuality disgusting.

Now, what do you mean by hurt?

And when will you stop begging the question?
Those people do not have to marry someone of the same sex. There are many things I find disgusting, I simply do not do those things. THAT is how adults behave. Adults don't stamp their feet and banish things because they personally don't like them.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes, the majority of Americans support same sex marriage, and the numbers grow in every poll.

Civil Rights

However, we do not get to have a popularity contest for rights in this country. We aren't a direct democracy.
There's also plenty of hard evidence about polls and why they should not be relied upon for any matter. Especially politically rent-sought ones like SSM. Polls are tilted more times than not. And, people lie.

Of course, I don't expect it to NOT zing off of you again.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The poster will not have an answer.

The poster has continually posted about homosexuals, homosexuality, and homosexual relationships...but has given any logical opinion on the central theme of this thread. Why? Because post after post after post...shows the poster has no formulated thoughts on SSM.

The poster has plenty to say, just not on the topic.
How about you stick to the topic? Because you just did a pretty bang up job NOT sticking to it right now.

Edit: I have never objected SSM. In fact, I said there should not be protections that favor heterosexuals. Did you just miss that? Or just blatantly ignore it to talk smack? You are batting 1.000 today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies