Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not smoke and mirrors. Direct quotes from multiple footnoted sources, NONE of which have been discredited.
And yet, you cannot change the core sentence from Rev Wright's quote, or the fact that the modifying phrase, "that started in 1969....," does not say what you want it to say. The direct quotes have not been discredited, there is no need to discredit them. Your interpretation of them has been discredited, by simple, basic grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Walking it back after the fact, of course , because it makes Obama look like the White-hating racist he truly is.

The Rev. Wright post I quoted was from 2007.
Rev. Wright has been saying and preaching the same thing throughout his almost 50 years of ministry. As the NPC club event proves, Rev. Wright does not say anything for political expediency.

REVEREND WRIGHT: The governmental leaders, those -- as I said to Barack Obama, my member -- I am a pastor, he's a member. I'm not a spiritual mentor, guru. I'm his pastor. And I said to Barack Obama, last year, "If you get elected, November the 5th, I'm coming after you, because you'll be representing a government whose policies grind under people."

Rev. Wright joined the UCC, he wasn't raised in the UCC, he chose it. He worked within the UCC for 36 years. The UCC is 90%+ white. He could have easily switched denominations or gone non-denominational. Rev. Wright doesn't hate whites, he has and continues to preach against white supremacy.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And yet, you cannot change the core sentence from Rev Wright's quote, or the fact that the modifying phrase, "that started in 1969....,"
How convenient for you you OMITTED the following: "with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

There is NO doubt whatsoever that Cone is a racist. That fact has been published in multiple sources, including citations and footnotes. Rev. Wright specifically indicates Cone's founding racist Black Liberation Theology philosophy as the basis of Trinity UCC's mission.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:01 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Rev. Wright joined the UCC, he wasn't raised in the UCC, he chose it.
As did Obama. And as we all can clearly see, Trinity UCC's mission is based on the founding philosophy of a White-hating racist. I've already provided several cited and footnoted sources, NONE of which have been proven to be false.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
How convenient for you you OMITTED the following: "with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

There is NO doubt whatsoever that Cone is a racist. That fact has been published in multiple sources, including citations and footnotes. Rev. Wright specifically indicates Cone's founding racist Black Liberation Theology philosophy as the basis of Trinity UCC's mission.
The entire phrase is unnecessary. The CORE sentence says all that is needed. I noticed you can say nothing at all about the CORE sentence. Because simple, basic grammar has discredited your rants.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
As did Obama. And as we all can clearly see, Trinity UCC's mission is based on the founding philosophy of a White-hating racist. I've already provided several cited and footnoted sources, NONE of which have been proven to be false. [/color][/color]
Only your interpretation has been proven to be false. By simple, basic English grammar.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Only your interpretation has been proven to be false. By simple, basic English grammar.

Last desperate attempt of a failed argument, playing the grammar card. LOL

Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
As did Obama. And as we all can clearly see, Trinity UCC's mission is based on the founding philosophy of a White-hating racist. I've already provided several cited and footnoted sources, NONE of which have been proven to be false. [/color][/color]
The quotes have been proven to be faulty by the actual text in the actual book. Links were provided. You just refuse to believe the text from the actual book. You just prefer to belief inaccurate quotes.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Last desperate attempt of a failed argument, playing the grammar card. LOL
I'm not playing the grammar card. Playing the grammar card would be my criticizing IC's grammar. I'm pointing out that the quote that IC keeps hammering home doesn't not make the point that IC thinks it does. And I've explained why, using simple, basic English grammar. Unless you can show that I'm making a false argument, then my argument hasn't failed at all.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Obama encourages dependency, that's as un-American as you can get. Most people, no matter what race don't want to depend on government although some bought into the democratic meme of "you can't do it without government" and they don't even try. Obama encourages this thinking.

America has been built on not allowing one man, one party to have too much power. Obama has done everything he can to acquire more power. Very un-American. Too much power in the hands of a few is dangerous. Don't let anyone man or party (democrats and republicans included) convince you that government has your back. Government works for us, but now we the people have allowed them to become our masters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies