Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So why does your idol pretend to be some war monger?
Warmonger? Is he threatening an invasion? Did I miss something?

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
While I'm no fan of Obama, I'm amazed at the chicken hawks who think engaging Russia in an armed conflict is a good idea.

Seriously, how can people be that stupid?

I guess some of the far-right crazies just aren't happy unless we're at war all the time, and since apparently fumbling around in the Middle East for a decade while leaving behind a situation probably not much better than what we started with wasn't good enough, let's get into a war with a near-superpower with nuclear weapons. Yeah... smart idea!

Maybe if Dubya was still in power, he could have used this as an excuse to launch another war thanks to "God / Halliburton" telling him to do so while creating a nastier version of the Patriot Act to keep the citizens in line. Fortunately, our current leader isn't that stupid.

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I just did. Read my long post. It contains what is known as an opinion synthesized from analysis of the situation that goes beyond your standard parrot phrase of "I don't like Obama, wah wah wah." Sometimes, it's nice to actually create an original thought.

The rebuttal is that saying "Oh, Obama is being weak" without offering an actual opinion on what he should do differently is nonsense. As far as the alternative of going to war right now: this is a chess game, not pickup basketball. There is no reason yet to open the cannons full blast; we have plenty of time to do that later if need be. There is a lot that the international community can do now to contain Russia and make them hurt big time.
Couldn't have said it better as a response to all those multiple rants about Obama vs. Putin.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A cold, empty chair! That'll show'm Barack! You go you big bad tough guy!

LOL

No wonder Putin throws him around like a rag doll! First it was Syria, then it was Snowden, and now it's Ukraine!

What a farce this President is!

Putin Might Face G-8 Boycott as Obama Warns on Ukraine - Bloomberg
I know that for some it's not foreign policy until we bomb somebody, but keeping Russia out of G8 is going to be felt right in the pocketbook of Russia's oligarchs. The ruble has already dropped 3% agaisnt the Euro - the lowest level since the Euro was introduced. Russian stock is dropping, too.

Haven't you guys noticed that this is Putin's plan failing? Yanukovych was his trained attack poodle, supposed to keep a lid on things and making sure Ukraine stayed right in the Russian sphere. That sure as all out blew up. This is Plan B, and it's not a very good one.

Putin's backers are less rich today than they were a week ago, and I doubt they're happy.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Putin will again come out looking strong as Obama looks foolish with his threats that mean nothing. The world looks at Obama as a very weak president.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Whoa. Where did this come from?
I don't want to derail this thread so I'll just point you to the start down the rabbit hole.
You can pursue further if it interests you.
Hasn't been absolutely proven though as some pieces of proof along the way just "disappeared" into thin air.
But there's been enough evidence uncovered to make you question history.

Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Yet it is Russia's stock market that has fallen 10% and they have lost their puppet president in Ukraine.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Did you read my reply?
That was the solution.

Did Russia interfere with The US when we invaded Grenada or when we went into Iraq?
USSR intervened about Grenada in the same fashion we are intervening now about Crimea. They made comments. Even UK opposed it. Maggie thatcher told Reagan she was deeply disturbed about what US was planning, and when she called Reagan, he told her US was not going to invade. He lied, because the invasion was already underway.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
The time for diplomatic agreements and foreign policy decisions during all the years since the Putin invasion of Georgia, have come and gone without anything from this president. So if you are asking what rabbit we can pull out of our hat now, then the answer is... there really is nothing we can say.

Obama seems to think a good foreign policy and national security policy is to do nothing, wait until H-hour, then appear to talk tough and draw a rhetorical line in the sand, then go play golf. Once the fox is already in the hen house, talking about buying a dog or fencing next month is a moot point of discussion.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-03-2014 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
He has the same situation and choice as presidents did when Bosnia had gone on for years much worse than this. He certainly has same as Georgia in 2008.But I agree he does have much public support as liberals to great extent want to leave Europe even beyond the present problems. Not our problem is common among them. Conservatives certainly don't trust him to lead in conflicts. Funny as change in attitude goes back to JFK and Johnson on Vietnam issue then two democratic leaders. I even think EU not pushing for sanctions actions in Georgia plays a modern part of why Putin acted; much less why public in US sees this as European problem much like isolationist before WWII. Remember it took Japan attacking and Germany declaring war for even Roosevelt to really be able to act militarily. Poland certainly reinforced view of not getting into another European problem then as Georgia does now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies