Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
"What should our government do?" would have been a good question to ask BEFORE we joined in with the EU in destabilizing the Ukraine and aiding a violent mob. The Community Organizer crossed the line of involvment with no idea what the actual consequence would be, it should be no surprise that hes being mocked, and in turn has his own "red-line" laughed at hysterically.

Putin is simply responding how i would expect a leader to respond. He has military bases in Crimea, hes protecting his bases in Crimea. There are many russian citizens in the eastern half of the ukraine who are on the wrong side of a violent anti-russian mob, hes there to protect his citizens.
Russia put their foot down and said "Sure, I'll come help you."
Russia also did that for Syria.

Looks to me like Russia is sick and tired of US meddling in foreign affairs for their own benefit.

And the EU has not called the Russian occupation of Crimea an "invasion" like we have.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Japan better start building their Military.
They already have one, and it's pretty well equipped.

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

FDR knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor and did nothing because he wanted "in" so bad.

History shows US what THEY do. THEY will never change and we don't find out for 50 or so years.
Whoa. Where did this come from?

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Though small, Taiwan isn't exactly defenseless. They're armed to the teeth, they have universal military service for all male citizens. And they spend quite a bit of $$ on defense equipment.

The US does have the provision in the 1979 Taiwan Relations Act providing for assistance to Taiwan in terms of defence, but it's deliberately kept vague to 1) keep Beijing off balance and 2) not encourage Taipei to needlessly provoke Beijing.

Besides, there's a lot of cross-strait commerce these days that will tend to discourage the prospects of military action for now.
It probably would go to well for china in the long run.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Whoa. Where did this come from?
The thing about FDR knowing about Pearl Harbor has been speculated upon since that day.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sorry but those of us who elected him did so on the premise of ending the two WARS your Dubya got us into and to keep us out of any other wars. Don't blame him but those of us elected him precisely to do what we elected him to do!

If you want to stand up to Putin I suggest you go strap on a uniform and get involved otherwise S/T/F/U.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can you rebut any of the points laid out in the links? If not, then disappear. You have nothing to offer.
I just did. Read my long post. It contains what is known as an opinion synthesized from analysis of the situation that goes beyond your standard parrot phrase of "I don't like Obama, wah wah wah." Sometimes, it's nice to actually create an original thought.

The rebuttal is that saying "Oh, Obama is being weak" without offering an actual opinion on what he should do differently is nonsense. As far as the alternative of going to war right now: this is a chess game, not pickup basketball. There is no reason yet to open the cannons full blast; we have plenty of time to do that later if need be. There is a lot that the international community can do now to contain Russia and make them hurt big time.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Most right wingers I know believe the US rules the world, maybe you're not as far right as I thought....
Oh I'm conservative alright.
But I think our army should be used to defend attacks on the US.
And I've commented many a time that the US seems to think they are the UN.

Why did Kerry get on a plane and fly to Kiev ?
Why wasn't it some UN people instead ?
Why does Kerry think he's running the global show here and is the spokesman for "the world" ?

He uttered "military" in some comment to the press and the UK immediately responded that military action is not on their table and not being discussed by them.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I just did. Read my long post. It contains what is known as an opinion synthesized from analysis of the situation that goes beyond your standard parrot phrase of "I don't like Obama, wah wah wah." Sometimes, it's nice to actually create an original thought.

The rebuttal is that saying "Oh, Obama is being weak" without offering an actual opinion on what he should do differently is nonsense. As far as the alternative of going to war right now: this is a chess game, not pickup basketball. There is no reason yet to open the cannons full blast; we have plenty of time to do that later if need be. There is a lot that the international community can do now to contain Russia and make them hurt big time.
You clearly do not understand the concept of how a forum works. I posted the commentary for which you and others are to opine. If I intended to opine in the OP, I would have. But I didn't, so that pretty much makes your crying over my OP as worthless as the rest of your posts.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Sorry but those of us who elected him did so on the premise of ending the two WARS your Dubya got us into and to keep us out of any other wars. Don't blame him but those of us elected him precisely to do what we elected him to do!

If you want to stand up to Putin I suggest you go strap on a uniform and get involved otherwise S/T/F/U.
So why does your idol pretend to be some war monger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies