Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Then you are laughing at a figment of your imagination. I have made neither of those statements. You know... hearing voices in your head is not a sign of perfect mental well being.
Sure you have
Quote:
I have said that she does not immunity at all. She already has the Constitution. This is true regardless of whether or not any crimes have been committed.
WRONG.. The Constitution protects her from testifying, not prosecution. They arent even close to the same.. Tell me you're still in 5th grade and you dont know the difference.. I'd understand
Quote:
I have also said that Issa needs to offer her immunity if he wants to get around the Constitution. This is also true regardless of whether or not any crimes have been committed.
There was no offer of immunity, only a demand. Once again, they are opposites.
Quote:
Again... this is not rocket science.
I agree, which has me embarrassed for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She wouldn't not ned to claim the 5th if she was not guilty. She is also trying to hide who else is involved. And we are paying her to do it.

Got it right, no rocket scientist needed to figure this out. I don't care who or what you are, when you plead the damn 5th you plead it for one reason and one only Period.

Most of us know the reason.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:13 PM

57,275 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree that Issa is no better than the Obama administration here. Both are embarrassments. He knew exactly what was going to happen and should have already accounted for it and got the immunity over with today.

"We are ready to grant you immunity for your testimony, now answer the questions" and then thrown her in jail if she still refused.

But they want to drag this out as much as the administration wants to impede.
He knew full well that she would plead the 5th, his motive was to grandstand for the cameras. It was a senseless charade he should have had other testimony, something so wide spread and obvious should have plenty of people ready to come forward and testify. This has been going on for to long, time to put it to rest. Let Boehner go ahead and recommend contempt. I think that is more bluster than anything since he needed to wait until today to bring that up, she already refused previously.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This has been going on for to long, time to put it to rest..
This will be put to rest when it's determined who is responsible for targeting 100% of conservative groups for scrutiny and either not scrutinizing liberal groups or letting them skate through the process.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She wouldn't not ned to claim the 5th if she was not guilty.
Gosh... did all you guys just fall off the turnip truck this morning?

Nobody who thinks very hard actually believes that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
She is also trying to hide who else is involved. And we are paying her to do it.
Right. Because you can make the organization charts of the IRS completely invisible just by pleading the 5th.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Lois Lerner in charge of delaying tax-exempt applications for conservative groups, but she was fast-tracking, approving and backdating an application for an organization led by an alien resident with ties to terrorists.

The organization is the Barack H. Obama Foundation, founded and led by Malik Obama, President Obama’s half-brother.

Blog: Lois Lerner Pleads the Fifth Again

Old 03-05-2014, 01:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WRONG.. The Constitution protects her from testifying, not prosecution.
Insert "duh" here.

And immunity does not protect her from prosecution either. It only protects here from any later prosecutor using the testimony she offers under immunity against her. She can be offered immunity and testify her ever loving heart out... and still be prosecuted if a crime was committed.

But her testimony given under immunity cannot be used to do so.

You continue to argue against bogeymen, grumpkins and snarks... none of which are actually in his thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
There was no offer of immunity, only a demand. Once again, they are opposites.
I don't think you know what opposite means.

But again, no. There was no offer of immunity.

And as you see, there is no testimony as a result.

It works... exactly as the Constitution intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
I agree, which has me embarrassed for you.
Aahhhh.... how nice of you. Dumb... but still nice.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why the heck did she agree to testify again? What a waste of tax payers money!!!
LOL! Lerner didn't "agree to testify". Issa re-subpoenaed her, claiming he had inside info she would waive this time.

Issa was wrong- and looks like the idiot he is.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He knew full well that she would plead the 5th, his motive was to grandstand for the cameras. It was a senseless charade he should have had other testimony, something so wide spread and obvious should have plenty of people ready to come forward and testify. This has been going on for to long, time to put it to rest. Let Boehner go ahead and recommend contempt. I think that is more bluster than anything since he needed to wait until today to bring that up, she already refused previously.
I don't disagree. This isn't going to be put to rest for a long time though even if Issa simply gets on with it. The actions of the IRS wherever it was directed from has done a lot of harm to the country. With our insistence of supporting these two failed parties so strong it's going to take a very long time to fix even if we can.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Anybody who believes that is hoplessly naive.

I really don't think you are that naive.

But nice try pretending.
It must be nice to live in your fantasy land bubble.

A Simple question, DID ISSA ASK HER RELEVANT QUESTIONS?

IF YOU DON"T think the IRS and Lerner did ANYTHING wrong, it is YOU who is the hopelessly naive one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies