Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 01:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Smh. Why do you keep embarrassing yourself trying to make a narrative fit that doesn't fit based on the timeline of chart you produced?
Haha, this from the person who tried to suggest that people were uninsured because they rolled over their policies which by definition WOULD NOT mean they were uninsured..

Why dont you just admit you were wrong, I'd have far more respect for your babbling talking points which were ridiculously false..

Old 04-18-2014, 01:55 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WRONG.. an insurance policy written out in October 2012 that wasnt in compliance with ACA would be cancelled in October 2013..

NOT January..

You dont know wtf you are talking about..
TOS prohibits profanity, even when using abbreviations.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,639 times
Obamacare Final Enrollment Hits 8 Million
And I personally know 3 of them whose insurance was cancelled.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You are just locked into a false narrative. That has no supporting evidence, if you'd think rationally.
I'm waiting for you to educate me on why the numbers of the uninsured skyrocketed months prior to ACA kicking in..

if its not due to ACA then what caused it? Your babble that it was people rolling into new policies is a complete lie, and ridiculous conside they wouldnt be uninsured..

havent you been provided with the talking points yet?

Old 04-18-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
TOS prohibits profanity, even when using abbreviations.
I was unaware that what the fudge was profanity..

Is this the best response you have?

Old 04-18-2014, 01:59 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I received a cancellation notice. I went to the exchange, and did some comparison shopping. I ended up with a similar plan, same deductible, same network, but with no exclusions, or lifetime limits. I had the option to keep my old plan, I chose not to. The cost was $10 more than I paid last year, no subsidies. I would guess many people who received the notices bought new policies directly from their insurer, estimates are 8 million bought through insurers rather than the exchanges for 2014. I did end up with the same company, but I liked being able to compare the plans being offered.
Who knows, but the idea that everyone who received a cancellation notice bought on the exchanges is a lie. Especially because it was extensively reported that the administration allowed those people with cancelled policies to keep those policies.

It is just going around in a circle with people who don't want to know what they don't want to know.

They don't want to know what happened to people who received those cancelled notices. So they pretend that the administration didn't extend those policies and thus a huge percentage of those people who received those cancellation notices simply kept the same insurance. This is objective reality was widely reported everywhere that the administration did this.

They pretend that many people weren't simply transferred to another policy.

These people are dedicated to a fantasy based understanding of what has occurred and will resist any intrusion of reality upon that narrative.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:59 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,786,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If you mean moving from one quality policy to another, you are correct. If you mean going from stop gap junk (the type now illegal) to an ACA plan, you're wrong. Stop Gap isn't worth the paper it is printed on.
Actually stop gap polices apparently are still legal. Also discriminating against pre existing conditions are also legal.

These are plans United is still selling off the exchanges.

I have attached snapshot. Notice the $250k limit policy. These plans are still available as if April 17th 2014.

Stop gap junk plans apparently aren't illegal.

I don't see the news media picking up on this story.
Attached Thumbnails
Whats Wrong With Idaho The Reddest and Whitest of All States is all in for Obamacare-image.jpg  

Old 04-18-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was unaware that what the fudge was profanity..
The moderator edited it to remove the obvious attempt at profanity.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Actually stop gap polices apparently are still legal. Also discriminating against pre existing conditions are also legal.

These are plans United is still selling off the exchanges.

I have attached snapshot. Notice the $250k limit policy. These plans are still available as if April 17th 2014.

Stop gap junk plans apparently aren't illegal.

I don't see the news media picking up on this story.
The sad thing is they prey on the stupid. When they pay at all! We had a local one that was 100% scam, not even paying to the meager limits of their plan.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Who knows, but the idea that everyone who received a cancellation notice bought on the exchanges is a lie. Especially because it was extensively reported that the administration allowed those people with cancelled policies to keep those policies.
I dont think ANYONE has stated that everyone who had a cancellation bought on the exchange.

The fact that the administration stated they would allow people to keep their policies is meaningless because insurance companies follow the law, not one guys "word" that it would be accepted.

YOU are the one saying that policies being cancelled were rolled into new policies and had nothing to do with the new signups..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies