Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 AM

8,888 posts, read 5,369,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Over one million more than were projected with the final numbers coming in. Only 27% of the enrollees were between 18 and 34. However that means that almost 6 million were over 35 with many in the what could be considered the Republican base between 50-64. Do you think those people are going to be responding to the Republican plan of repeal and lose their insurance and possible subsidies? The Republicans dont have a plan as the RSC admits since nothing has ever been voted on since 2010. Shouldn't Republicans be coming up with a plan rather than telling the 8 million sorry about your health insurance but we have ours?

Obamacare final enrollment hits 8 million
It would appear BO's grand idea to insure all the uninsured has been a flop.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:24 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yep, that matches the graph I've been using

But your synopsis is wrong.

They WERE insured, but LOST their insurance.. 2013 held 16.3% uninsured, we're down to 15.9%, a .4% drop.. not 4%

And consider we added 4-5 million onto medicaid, which is about 1.5% of the country, this actually means the net effect of ACA other than medicaid is a LOSS of insured individuals to the tune of 1.1% of the nation..

And, this ignores that the employer mandate has been delayed.. I wonder why they would delay the mandate that they say will benefit most americans
The graph you are using comes from Gallup polling Feb-March. I guess until Gallup comes out with a new graph you will continue to use it. Why dont you simply look at the new data from Gallup instead of last months. Thats almost like looking at ACA signups in January of 4 million and continuing to refer to that number and ignoring the four million from the past two month. Take a look at Gallup for April and not Feb-March.

Newly Insured in 2014 Represent About 4% of U.S. Adults

Old 04-18-2014, 11:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
The graph you are using comes from Gallup polling Feb-March. I guess until Gallup comes out with a new graph you will continue to use it. Why dont you simply look at the new data from Gallup instead of last months. Thats almost like looking at ACA signups in January of 4 million and continuing to refer to that number and ignoring the four million from the past two month. Take a look at Gallup for April and not Feb-March.

Newly Insured in 2014 Represent About 4% of U.S. Adults

A 2.1% drop + millions more on medicaid.. AFTER you increased the uninsured 2.7%..

Once again, why are you IGNORING THOSE WHO LOST INSURANCE? Thats the same talking point IAM tried and it failed when she used it as well.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, who can provide verifiable numbers?
The insurance companies.

Quote:
Until then, you have nothing...sorry....
Call FOX News and ask them to call the insurance companies.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:47 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Gallup Poll is reporting that 4% of Americans are newly insured in their most recent poll. That means that 12 million Americans who didnt have insurance last year now have insurance. This of course includes Medicaid. Whats wrong with 12 million people who didnt have insurance now getting insurance?

Four Percent of Americans Are Newly Insured in 2014
Did that poll also discuss the cost of the new policies? The folks that will lose their insurance when the employer mandate comes into play?

Why on earth did we destroy was is arguably the best healthcare system in history, for the sake of 4% of the population? Why wasn't that small issue addressed?

Now we have premiums rising FAR faster than before. Unemployment caused by ACA. Folks losing treatments that they were relying on.

But we all know that the true goal was single payer......

Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I didn't say no one lost insurance because of the ACA. I said that most of the people who received policy cancellation notices didn't necessarily have their policy cancelled. That many of those people simply switched to another policy outside of the exchanges and many other people who didn't get transferred to another policy simply bought another off exchange policy.

I have no idea how many of that 2.6million got insurance through the exchanges. That is a question.

Wow, reading really is fundamental. Policy cancelled is just that - your policy was cancelled. Now, you may have gotten another policy. But calling it a "switch" is a lie. They were cancelled. Then found another policy. No switch there.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

But we all know that the true goal was single payer......
And frankly it can not come soon enough. Businesses need a fair competitive edge and they
can't get that being swallowed by health care insurance costs.

Once everyone realizes that close to 80 percent of the population is already federal subsidized one way or another for their insurance premiums and health care costs, they should welcome single payer.

No one wants to pay outrageous amounts of money for their health care individually.
Medicare is a perfect example of that.
Folks getting Medicare will buy a new toaster before they will pay their co pays

Medicare for All: Home

Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow, reading really is fundamental. Policy cancelled is just that - your policy was cancelled. Now, you may have gotten another policy. But calling it a "switch" is a lie. They were cancelled. Then found another policy. No switch there.
You are getting caught up in semantics, I would think when people say a policy was cancelled they mean that person was left without insurance. My point is that many people who received cancellation notices were given the option to transfer to another plan and many of those people did.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
And frankly it can not come soon enough. Businesses need a fair competitive edge and they
can't get that being swallowed by health care insurance costs.
Thats one of the primary reasons I would consider supporting a UHC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Once everyone realizes that close to 80 percent of the population is already federal subsidized one way or another for their insurance premiums and health care costs, they should welcome single payer.
no its not.. stop saying such stupid things..

Allowing a tax write off of a business expense isnt a subsidy no more than deducting your state taxes from your federal one is..

If you want to have an adult conversation, please dont post crap thats this dumb.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are getting caught up in semantics, I would think when people say a policy was cancelled they mean that person was left without insurance. My point is that many people who received cancellation notices were given the option to transfer to another plan and many of those people did.
Then why did the number of uninsured skyrocket? If they were transferred to a new policy, they wouldnt have had a lapse in insurance in order to be counted as uninsured.

Can you answer, or is the talking point all you can post repeatedly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies