Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
2.6 million lost their policies thanks to 0bama huh, guess they couldn't "keep their plan." So we can shave off that 8 million figure 0bama is bragging about, to 5.4 million. We went thru all of this pain and disruption for a paltry 5 million people, out of 300 million?
No that's not what that means. Can you all read for comprehension? It means that 2.6million might have gotten cancellation notices. It doesn't mean they lost their insurance. Millions of the previously insured bought off exchange insurance policies.

That you all don't know this doesn't speak well to understanding the impact of the law.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No it does not.. How old are you that you cant read a graph?

You see that little Q1 2013 line?....................................^

The number of uninsured didnt start to grow until AFER 2013 began, as policies would have come up for renewal but couldnt be renewed DUE TO ACA..
No that is just not true. The number of uninsured based on that chart starts to increase at the end of 2012. LOL Move on, you are embarrassing yourself. LOL

Old 04-18-2014, 09:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No that's not what that means. Can you all read for comprehension? It means that 2.6million might have gotten cancellation notices. It doesn't mean they lost their insurance. Millions of the previously insured bought off exchange insurance policies.

That you all don't know this doesn't speak well to understanding the impact of the law.
And yet you have yet to explain why 1.7% of the country lost insurance leading up to the ACA kickoff..

Old 04-18-2014, 09:11 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,786,273 times
Quote:
This was from 2012 when the survival of the law was very much in doubt. In 2014 those subsidies for employers get even more generous.

Again why are you constructing this straw man. Clearly they aren't attributing all 7.2million newly insured through employers to the ACA because clearly the number of uninsured would have dropped significantly more than 9.3-12million, but it is possible they are crediting the ACA with some of those getting employer provided health insurance to previously uninsured people because of the ACA and based on the IRS reports from 2012 some employers ARE using the ACA. So you are raising this irrational point about nothing.
This is from post#22 from current threat

You don't see conservatives grappling with the estimates which range from 9.3million to 12million previously uninsured have gained insurance this year now from three different organizations Rand Corporation, Gallup, and the CBO.

This is your post #93 from this current thread:

"No, there is proof that people are getting insurance because of the ACA and this proof has been shown now by multiple sources. You have the Urban institute, Gallup, The CBO, and Rand Corporation have all shown that the rate of the uninsured is declining and millions of people have gained insurance. So it is not an assumption that uninsured people are getting insurance because of the ACA but REALITY.

Again, those independent organizations can prove that the ACA is causing the rate of the uninsured to drop. They are saying it right in their reports."

You are saying all these independent organizations are like RAND report saying it's proof the ACA is working.

Explain to me how the ACA is working for the 7.2 million people obtaining insurance through employer coverage. The ACA doesn't affect employer sponsored healthcare since 95% plus of employers already offered health insurance prior to the ACA. These 7.2 million have obtain insurance not because of the ACA, but because of being employed and having employers offer them healthcare.

You can't argue both sides. You claim because lost health insurance because of lost jobs during the 2008-2010 recession. It wasn't an affordability or pre exsiting issue that cause them to lose health insurance. It was because they were unemployed. Now they are employed and gaining health insurance.

So can you attribute the ACA for helping them obtain employer health insurance?

We can go on all day:
1. I agree between 1.4-2 million "newly insured" people are being offered "affordable" health care on the exchanges (I adjusted up to 2 million with the "surge"
2. I agree around 3-4 million "newly insured medicaid expansion" people were added.

But lets get real about all these wild claims of 7-8 million "newly insured on the exchanges". Let's get real about 9-12 million "newly insured due to the ACA"

Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
No that is just not true. The number of uninsured based on that chart starts to increase at the end of 2012. LOL Move on, you are embarrassing yourself. LOL
Through ALL of 2012, the number of uninsured DROPPED.. I'm not moving on, I'm laughing my ass off at you quoting the reasons why people lost insurance, which STATES DUE TO ACA, while you stand there and proclaim they didnt lose insurance while then saying the grow shows an increase in the uninsured through 2012, while it doesnt show that at all.

Once again, through 2012, the uninsured DROPPED..

Complete OPPOSITE of your claim.

The uninsured fell from about 17.5% to 16.3%.. and THEN spiked in mid 2013 up to 18% as policies COULDNT BE RENEWED..

You can stand here in denial, but Obama talking points you keep posting WONT CHANGE FACTS.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Thats not at all what you quoted.

Do you even understand what you are saying? YOU EVEN BOLDED IT...
That doesn't mean they lost their insurance and had to buy a policy on the exchanges.

It means that some of those people were transferred to another off exchange policy. It means that millions of those people just bought another policy that was off the exchanges.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They would count dead bodies in the morgue if it helped their cause.

I wouldn't angst over it. Only they know the true numbers.
They will tell us whatever they want us to know.

With them controlling the data Obamacare can't be anything but a raging success.
Actually, even with them controlling the data they can't manage to make it seem like a raging success. That's how bad it is.

It's so bad, they are having to change the census to try to cover themselves.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
That doesn't mean they lost their insurance and had to buy a policy on the exchanges.
THATS WHAT I SAID ALL ALONG.. That they had their policies being cancelled, and had to buy a new policy on the exchange, and YOU are counting them as newly insured, benefiting from ACA.

hahahah....

FAIL

Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Through ALL of 2012, the number of uninsured DROPPED.. I'm not moving on, I'm laughing my ass off at you quoting the reasons why people lost insurance, which STATES DUE TO ACA, while you stand there and proclaim they didnt lose insurance while then saying the grow shows an increase in the uninsured through 2012, while it doesnt show that at all.

Once again, through 2012, the uninsured DROPPED..

Complete OPPOSITE of your claim.

The uninsured fell from about 17.5% to 16.3%.. and THEN spiked in mid 2013 up to 18% as policies COULDNT BE RENEWED..

You can stand here in denial, but Obama talking points you keep posting WONT CHANGE FACTS.
Look this is the last time I am discussing this chart. The rate of the uninsured started increasing at the end of 2012 based on that chart. I don't know why you can't see this simple fact, but it is not my problem.

The policy cancellations didn't start occurring until the end of 2013. Not the middle of 2013, not the beginning of 2013 and not the end of 2012. Please you are embarrassing yourself. LOL

I am done with that discussion.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Look this is the last time I am discussing this chart. The rate of the uninsured started increasing at the end of 2012 based on that chart. I don't know why you can't see this simple fact, but it is not my problem.

The policy cancellations didn't start occurring until the end of 2013. Not the middle of 2013, not the beginning of 2013 and not the end of 2012. Please you are embarrassing yourself. LOL

I am done with that discussion.
Thats not what the chart says at ALL..

But lets go with YOUR argument, that cancellations didnt occur until the end of 2013..

WHY do you think cancellations occurred right before ACA kicked in? Just a coincidence? And how can you count these people as newly insured IF THEY ARENT.. THEY JUST LOST INSURANCE..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies