Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

I do think they should cut her some slack, it isn't all that hot yet and it was 45 minutes, but it can take just a few minutes for a child to die when the temperatures are higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 05:04 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

So since every year too many babies die in hot cars, should there now be two standards, one for poor kids snd another for middle class and rich kids? It should be against the law to lock up more fortunate kids in a car and risk their lives, but poor kids don't matter?
Well, in the first place a rich or middle class woman would have a nanny or babysitter, and may not even need or want a job. If a person like that left her kids in the car it would be because she's just plain lazy.

Secondly, of course it was wrong for her to leave her children in the car, but this woman was doing what you cons always say the poor should be doing..getting a job. You really have no clue what it's like to be poor or hungry or homeless, do you. I bet you can't even imagine yourself being there. Oh, you might THINK you can, but you cannot unless you've walked in those shoes.

I object to her treatment afterward. Sending her to jail does nothing positive. It was a ridiculous thing to do.

As I said in my first post, it isn't like she was leaving them in the car to go do drugs or prostitute herself.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where did you find those answers that you highlighted in red in the response to middleagedmom? I didn't see any of that information in the link in the OP. Did you continue to read all the links you could find about the story? If so...you're calling someone else nosy?
Try actually reading my post:

There, I made up some answers for you.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where did you find those answers that you highlighted in red in the response to middleagedmom? I didn't see any of that information in the link in the OP. Did you continue to read all the links you could find about the story? If so...you're calling someone else nosy?
Poster said he/she made them up.

I do think the backstory will matter to the court, relative to the disposition of her children.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, in the first place a rich or middle class woman would have a nanny or babysitter, and may not even need or want a job. If a person like that left her kids in the car it would be because she's just plain lazy.

Secondly, of course it was wrong for her to leave her children in the car, but this woman was doing what you cons always say the poor should be doing..getting a job. You really have no clue what it's like to be poor or hungry or homeless, do you. I bet you can't even imagine yourself being there. Oh, you might THINK you can, but you cannot unless you've walked in those shoes.

I object to her treatment afterward. Sending her to jail does nothing positive. It was a ridiculous thing to do.

As I said in my first post, it isn't like she was leaving them in the car to go do drugs or prostitute herself.
Again, no one knows the back story. There may be a history of neglect. She and the kids may have been abused by the bio dad. She may be a drug addict. She might have other children of school age.

Or she may be simply desperate, trying to survive in a state that has cut 40% of their budget for child services.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Unbelievable. Did she have some kind of prior history? A warning would've been a better way to go, although even with the sun out in the winter, a car could heat up to an uncomfortable temperature. Why couldn't she drop the kids off at a park for a little while or tell them to get out of the car from time to time?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
So people are blaming conservatives for this? Bc this commendable woman could have easily taken welfare, but conservatives shamed her into getting a job?

So what are authorities to do? She left a six month old alone in a car. I won't leave my wallet in plain sight alone in a car - but two helpless kids are okay? So just ignore this child abuse / neglect bc she had good intentions in mind? What if she robbed someone with the intention of feeding her kids? Same thing?

It's usually a good start that if you are that close to being homeless, you don't have kids.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,275 times
Why would any parent leave a 6 month old baby and a 2 year old in a locked car?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a
I saw this-her mugshot is heartbreaking. I don't exactly see a huge problem if the windows were cracked/doors locked and it was a very brief amount of time...I know my Mom wasn't always perfect.
I do not either... WHERE WAS THIS POOR GIRL SUPPOSED TO LEAVE HER KIDS??

Old 03-28-2014, 05:50 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Homeless woman on job interview arrested for leaving kids in car

A few points, she was homeless with a 2 year old and a 6 month old, she left them in the car because she had nobody to watch them. who was going to watch them while she worked? The children are better off and if she is looking for a job she is too, after she is on her feet she can get her kids back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies