Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 08:16 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People need to learn to mind their own business.
I agree...

Quote:
Where is the father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL. This is even funnier than those who are making things up.
No kidding. "Oh look kids left in a car, in Arizona.....Now I know with dogs I should call, but hey this is someones KIDS so I should....mind my own business......"

Sigh.

Or "What would she do if she got the job?" Uhmmm...maybe had the money to hire a babysitter?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Or "What would she do if she got the job?" Uhmmm...maybe had the money to hire a babysitter?
It usually takes three weeks for a first paycheck to arrive.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The "mother" leaves a 2 year old and a 6 month old alone in a car, in Arizona...and idiots make excuses for her? Funny how many will attack someone that leaves a DOG alone in a car for a few minutes, but see nothing wrong with leaving babies alone in one when it's inconvenient to provide proper care for them.

Hopefully the authorities can find a responsible, caring home for the babies.

With all the money and resources spend on shelters, halfway houses, day care and other resources for single mothers I don't buy that she had no alternatives. In a city of several million, she didn't know a single person that would watch her babies for a couple hours??? Really?
Do they have daycares for single mothers who are homeless? I asked this in my first post, in a round about way, what could she have done? IS a daycare for someone who is homeless available? I really want to know that.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Do they have daycares for single mothers who are homeless? I asked this in my first post, in a round about way, what could she have done? IS a daycare for someone who is homeless available? I really want to know that.
If there were I wouldn't recommend it: FBI hunts for janitor suspected of snatching 8-year-old girl from DC homeless shelter | Fox News

Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
Joeymags very much enjoys the majority of harrier's posts and thinks he is a great contributor to this forum. But Joey thinks harrier is way off base on this. Two babies under 2 years old have no way to protect for themselves, and at times people need to interject. Harrier shouldn't look at this like he looks at the role of gov't.

Quote:
People need to learn to mind their own business.

There is no reason for this woman to be in jail and she wouldn't be if some busybody hadn't called the cops.

The decent thing to do would have been to watch the kids until the mother returned.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Sigh...JFC, that poor kid. Homeless and now missing...seriously, how much sh** can be put on a person? I hope they find him, and if he did kill her, I know that people in prison don't take kindly to turds like that.

As for daycares for single mothers who are homeless...would they be in a shelter? I thought people had to be out of the shelter by a certain time each day, and only allowed back in after a certain time at night. (I don't know, I've never stayed in a shelter, but I thought I read that somewhere.) You'd think that if they did have a daycare available for a single homeless mother, it would not be at a shelter. I am genuinely asking if something like that is available. It seems like it would make sense to have one so that people CAN go out and try to find work.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sigh...JFC, that poor kid. Homeless and now missing...seriously, how much sh** can be put on a person? I hope they find him, and if he did kill her, I know that people in prison don't take kindly to turds like that.

As for daycares for single mothers who are homeless...would they be in a shelter? I thought people had to be out of the shelter by a certain time each day, and only allowed back in after a certain time at night. (I don't know, I've never stayed in a shelter, but I thought I read that somewhere.) You'd think that if they did have a daycare available for a single homeless mother, it would not be at a shelter. I am genuinely asking if something like that is available. It seems like it would make sense to have one so that people CAN go out and try to find work.
It really depends, here are some:

Homeless Child Care - Department of Early Learning

http://www.massresources.org/homeless-child-care.html

Not sure how common such arrangements are.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
It really depends, here are some:

Homeless Child Care - Department of Early Learning

http://www.massresources.org/homeless-child-care.html

Not sure how common such arrangements are.
Going off of those links, I looked up what is available in AZ. Here's what I found:

https://www.azdes.gov/main.aspx?menu=128&id=2670

Quote:
DES Child Care Services may be provided for the following eligible activities or needs:

Participation in DES Jobs Program.
Employment.
Eligible education and training activities related to employment when working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
High school, GED or remedial education classes for teen parents.
Unable or unavailable to provide care for children due to a physical, mental, or emotional condition, participation in a drug treatment or rehabilitation program, or a court order community service program.
Residency in a homeless or domestic violence shelter.
Other needs as determined by Child Protective Services or foster care case plan.

Due to limited funding, a statewide waiting list may be implemented to identify families waiting to receive child care services. Although you may be determined eligible, you may have to wait to receive services.
So...who knows if she would have been able to get it. We don't know if she lived in a shelter, we don't know if she has some sort of condition or in need of rehab, she doesn't look like a teen mom at all, and even if she DID qualify, who knows how long that waiting list is.

I don't condone her leaving her kids in the car, especially at those ages, and I do wonder if she didn't have a single friend to help...but let's just say that she didn't have a friend who could help, (or one that she could trust), and she couldn't get that help from DES...what was she supposed to do?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I am amazed at the number of people whom have no issues with leaving 2 babies in a locked car unattended.

More amazing are the excuses condoning this type of behavior.
That's just it -- it's almost a classism -- if you saw kids who look like they're from affluent families, they shouldn't be left to die unattended in hot cars in Arizona but if they look like poor kids, you shouldn't intervene, just leave them to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies