Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Where is the father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It's not that people don't have issues with the kids being left in the car, it's that they have compassion for a mother who was doing the best she could and it wasn't working. This is woman who needs help, not a jail sentence.
Yes, I agree with you with regard to the mother. I applaud her for doing her best. I trust that she finds her way out of her terrible situation. Nonetheless, she exercised poor judgement in risking the safety of her 2 babies.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:34 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is a sad case. some people can't win for losing. i don't see the point of putting the kids in CPS.
This is very sad but I wonder what she would do with the kids if she got the job.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
People need to learn to mind their own business.

There is no reason for this woman to be in jail and she wouldn't be if some busybody hadn't called the cops.

The decent thing to do would have been to watch the kids until the mother returned.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In the context of the story it appears that those who called the authorities probably did the right thing. Every year we have examples of young kids dying in locked cars. They had no idea how long she had been gone or when she would be back.

That said the reaction out of authorities today seem to resolve around one solution and one solution only. Throw them in jail. Nothing is gained by putting her in jail. Maybe she made a poor decision but she never intended anyone any harm.

Take her and the kids to a homeless shelter. Have someone tell her about the problems with what she did.

A babysitter would be cheaper than feeding her in prison.
I must say, first of all, this is very sad, and a insight into some of what our homeless actually go thru. The temperature in a car, gets hot fast, I was told this by a police officer. When I saw a dog left in a car alone, window barely cracked, and he seem to be in distress.

A 6 mo old baby as sad as this case is, should not be left in a car, anything at this tender age can happen to a baby this young. I think it is sad, that this women had not one person she could count on to watch her children, a friend, a Mother, a Sister, or a Grandparent. I agree that putting her in jail, will not solve a thing. Yes she certainly did make a poor decision, but one out of trying to do better for her children. This is the reality of so many of todays single moms going it alone, without a Father figure for the children. Yes while she intended to do no harm to anyone, being gone for 45 minutes is long enough for something to have happened to a 6 mo old baby. Is this sad, yes it is, but I also remember growing up, even back then single Mom's who were young and had no Father figure alone, going thru this. Difference was, they had family support. No Father figure, and no family or friend support, is really a sad thing. Being gone for 45 mins, it had to be hotter in the car then outside the car, how did this baby drink.
The reaction of the authorities was rash, but I can somewhat understand, last summer, didn't at least 5 children die in cars, I remember. Get pissed at me all you want, but the tears, I agree with one on here, after looking very carefully, they do not look authentic. BUT THAT IS NOT THE MORAL OF THIS STORY.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The "mother" leaves a 2 year old and a 6 month old alone in a car, in Arizona...and idiots make excuses for her? Funny how many will attack someone that leaves a DOG alone in a car for a few minutes, but see nothing wrong with leaving babies alone in one when it's inconvenient to provide proper care for them.
Nobody found nothing wrong with it. Why do people do this? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People need to learn to mind their own business.

There is no reason for this woman to be in jail and she wouldn't be if some busybody hadn't called the cops.

The decent thing to do would have been to watch the kids until the mother returned.
LOL. This is even funnier than those who are making things up.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
this is a sad case. some people can't win for losing. i don't see the point of putting the kids in CPS.
Well, considering that she was in Arizona, what she did was really bad. Cars get hot fast, she could have killed them. If this was her first arrest and her mental state is okay, I say let her go and give her the kids. It's pretty rough for some folks right now. She very well may have learned a valuable lesson and a little compassion might be in order. It's hard to say without having the entire story and background info.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
i guess i was raised in a different era [and in a small town], but i distinctly recall being left in the car with my sister many times as a kid while mom did whatever, and no one thought a thing of it.
If you remember, then your scenario isnt even close to the BABIES that were left in the car...

Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I'll take dysfunctional Mother over dysfunctional foster home 9 times out of 10. This is certainly one of them.
Most children in foster care are there because they were sexually abused, physically abused, or seriously neglected because the parents are on drugs..

Your answer, leave them there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies