Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no you havent.. all you've done is made up some bull crap figures that healthcare was going to rise 50%, and so when it only rose 25%, Obama saved us money..

You want to slow down the rate of increase, crash the economy again.. yeah, thats a great plan there

I'm done.. the humor of talking to you has now turned into ridiculousness of stupidity.. I actually feel dumber
What are you talking about? I have not written that health care is going to rise 50% and will only rise 25%.

But the basic reality is yes in that example we are saving money. As a nation we are going to spend this money every year on health care and if it keeps growing at a certain pace and we slow the rate of growth then we as a nation are spending less money than we would have spent if the rate of growth were higher.

For healthcare we aren't going to radically cut of people from getting healthcare, and we aren't as a nation going to just throw people out of hospitals or dramatically cut health care spending short term, we are an aging nation, we are going to spend more money every year on health care for the foreseeable future, but if we can slow the rate of growth in the cost of health care that makes it more affordable than it otherwise would have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Can I hazard a guess that you do not now or have ever owned a business?
Can I hazard a guess that this isn't about me or you and that the logic I am employing is how businesses and governments calculate future costs all the time?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Can I hazard a guess that this isn't about me or you and that the logic I am employing is how businesses and governments calculate future costs all the time?
u

You can employ that logic if you like.. Unfortunately you would be wrong, but don't let that stand in the way of your narrative.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
u

You can employ that logic if you like.. Unfortunately you would be wrong, but don't let that stand in the way of your narrative.
Nah, I am not wrong. There is no question that businesses who supply employees with health insurance project future costs of employee health insurance and the way they predict future health insurance costs is based on past rates of increase in health insurance costs, meaning when these businesses project employee costs as a matter of reality they factor into those increased employee costs the rate of increase of health insurance.

Meaning when they calculate employee compensation they factor into that employee compensation increased health care costs.

If the rate of increase of health care costs slows down, that means the costs the company projects will be less on total employee compensation that it otherwise would have spent. Some of that money that would have went to employees to pay for their health insurance can then be given to employees in wages.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:11 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
I am not talking about any "people". I am talking about conservative people, and conservatives do not care about reality when it comes to this issue.
No, you're not deflecting your way out of this one. You made the claim that people are not paying more for health care. That is a lie. I gave you several links to look at, you chose, instead, to ignore that and come back with a comment about how Conservatives don't want to deal with reality.

I GAVE YOU reality, you chose to ignore it and now, you're trying to continue the deflection.

No. I'm not letting you get away with it. Your statement is a bald faced lie. I backed up my claim, you have YET to back up one single thing that you have said. You ARE talking about "any people" when you say that people are not paying more for healthcare.

Your choices are:

Go view those links, and read/watch people tell you that they are, indeed, paying more, and can't afford it.

Continue to lie.

If you give one single care about your credibility on this forum, you will either recant what you said, or you will prove that every one of those people is lying when they say that they are paying more. Remember, there's a whole lot of people who read City Data...not all of them ever sign up. If you want anyone to ever listen to anything you say, about any topic, then either recant your lie, or prove what you stated. Until you do either one of those things, I have nothing further to say to you about anything. I don't talk to people who lie.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Nah, I am not wrong. There is no question that businesses who supply employees with health insurance project future costs of employee health insurance and the way they predict future health insurance costs is based on past rates of increase in health insurance costs, meaning when these businesses project employee costs as a matter of reality they factor into those increased employee costs the rate of increase of health insurance.

Meaning when they calculate employee compensation they factor into that employee compensation increased health care costs.

If the rate of increase of health care costs slows down, that means the costs the company projects will be less on total employee compensation that it otherwise would have spent. Some of that money that would have went to employees to pay for their health insurance can then be given to employees in wages.
You are wasting your time and talent working for someone else. You should start your own business...

Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, you're not deflecting your way out of this one. You made the claim that people are not paying more for health care. That is a lie. I gave you several links to look at, you chose, instead, to ignore that and come back with a comment about how Conservatives don't want to deal with reality.

I GAVE YOU reality, you chose to ignore it and now, you're trying to continue the deflection.

No. I'm not letting you get away with it. Your statement is a bald faced lie. I backed up my claim, you have YET to back up one single thing that you have said. You ARE talking about "any people" when you say that people are not paying more for healthcare.

Your choices are:

Go view those links, and read/watch people tell you that they are, indeed, paying more, and can't afford it.

Continue to lie.

If you give one single care about your credibility on this forum, you will either recant what you said, or you will prove that every one of those people is lying when they say that they are paying more. Remember, there's a whole lot of people who read City Data...not all of them ever sign up. If you want anyone to ever listen to anything you say, about any topic, then either recant your lie, or prove what you stated. Until you do either one of those things, I have nothing further to say to you about anything. I don't talk to people who lie.
No, lie. This is just another example of conservatives ignoring reality.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:17 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
You could do that, but you'd be wrong. Businesses and governments don't take future cost reductions and apply that to increasing employee salaries "all the time", which is what you said. That's ridiculous and it's no wonder someone called you out on it.

When was the last time you saw a company send out a mass email to its employees saying that the HR department realized a savings on insurance costs so they were giving all employees a raise? That's absurd.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Gee, over 7 million? Them books must be cooked. Oh wait, it's-it's April 1st, right?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Obamacare fails to fail, GOP notwithstanding | MSNBC

Check out this video 7million they wanted to sing ups they will break that
WhiteHouse.gov says they were projecting 14 million..

Where did the other 7 million go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gee, over 7 million? Them books must be cooked. Oh wait, it's-it's April 1st, right?
Yeah, april fools its really 14 million as they said it would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies