Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 03:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Can I hazard a guess that this isn't about me or you and that the logic I am employing is how businesses and governments calculate future costs all the time?
If costs will go up, you arent getting a pay raise, you're getting a pay cut. the OPPOSITE of what Obama claimed.

HE LIED, and now you and your left wing kooks are LYING to pretend he didnt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
No, lie. This is just another example of conservatives ignoring reality.
You mean the reality if my employee costs go up, than I cant give them a pay raise, despite Obamas claim, which means the bs you are trying to peddle IS A LIE...

Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Looks like yet another extension might be in the works then.
What do you think..another 3 months like the last one ?
I was thinking it would be more fair to push this extension until after the November election.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:05 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
By 2023 Obamacare will still leave 30 MILLION non-elderly people uninsured and will have spent 2.5 TRILLION dollars doing so. This law is an inefficient mess.

It only took several lies from Obama to pass as well... Lied about the circumstances of his own mother's death even after the WaPo pointed it out as a lie... Lied about if you like your doctor, if you like your plan, you can keep them period... Lied about lowering premiums $2,500 per family a year... Lied about passing this law in the most transparent process and airing the debates live on CSPAN... Lied about what can be extended... Lied about being opposed to a mandate... Distorted about the numbers enrolled by including previously insured and those who haven't paid...

This law is so good that Obama has to continually lie to keep the law's approval above 40%!!!

Old 04-01-2014, 05:34 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

WhiteHouse.gov says they were projecting 14 million..

Where did the other 7 million go?

Yeah, april fools its really 14 million as they said it would be.
You're comparing the 14 million to the 7 million projected for the exchanges. The 14 million projection was for exchange plans, Medicaid, and under 26'ers.

I give you 2 Obama's --- a statement that's not quite a lie, but obscures facts and aims to mislead.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gee, over 7 million? Them books must be cooked. Oh wait, it's-it's April 1st, right?
Where are the other 43 Million, Bob?

Maybe you should hire Major Ed Dames to help you find them.

Quote:
I am not talking about any "people". I am talking about conservative people, and conservatives do not care about reality when it comes to this issue.
Uh-huh...and what reality is that?

You can continue throwing your money away, or you could implement Free Market reforms, and repeal certain provisions of the IRS Tax Code which prevent Americans from profiting off of their catastrophic health plan coverage.

Why are you opposed to Americans at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder having the opportunity to build wealth, and more importantly, pass that wealth onto their children and grandchildren?

Is it because they'll be less reliant on government, or is because the Free Market really does work?

Quote:
I have explained how twice now.

Every year employers are spending more money on employee health insurance.
Fail.

A Critical Think would ask, "Why?"

Very bad government policy is why.

It is cheaper for both you and your employer to increase your health plan coverage than it is to increase your wages.

Quote:
I have explained three times how this is done.

Employers are spending more money every year for health insurance. Increasingly the costs of employees are coming from health insurance. If the rate of growth in the cost of health insurance slows than some of the money that employers would have spent on health insurance can go to employee salaries.
And you have explained it incorrectly each time...I guess congratulations are in order that you adhere so steadfastly to your Talking Points E-Mails.

When you come to understand the Laws of Economics, you will understand that government policies which make it cheaper for you and your employer to increase health plan coverage instead of increasing wages, results in being over-insured for one thing, and it causes Americans to avail themselves more.

1] Technology up to 65%
2] Consumer Demand up to 36%
3] Expanding Health Benefits or Insuring more people up to 13%
4] Healthcare Price Inflation up to 19% (caused by Consumer Demand and insuring more people)
5] Administrative Costs up to 13% (caused by Technology, Consumer Demand and Regulations)
6] Aging/Elderly up to 7%

Source: United States Government General Accounting Office GAO-13-281 PPACA and the Long-Term Fiscal Outlook, January 2013 pp 31-36

That, is reality.

Explaining....

Mircea

Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're comparing the 14 million to the 7 million projected for the exchanges. The 14 million projection was for exchange plans, Medicaid, and under 26'ers.

I give you 2 Obama's --- a statement that's not quite a lie, but obscures facts and aims to mislead.
Medicaid enrollees go through healthcare.gov so yes, they would ALSO be included..

Are teh 26ers', the very same individuals you needed to sign up for seperate policies to PAY for the plan? Were you expecting them to carry two policies?

Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
With so many waiting yet to complete signup, could the number get nearer to 8 million?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:04 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Medicaid enrollees go through healthcare.gov so yes, they would ALSO be included..

Are teh 26ers', the very same individuals you needed to sign up for seperate policies to PAY for the plan? Were you expecting them to carry two policies?
Not true. I could give links proving the 'total' enrollment on exchanges does Not include expanded Medicaid, but you'll stick with the 14 million or change the subject to how awful Ocare is. There are plenty of reasons to oppose Ocare without stubbornly sticking to a false number.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
By 2023 Obamacare will still leave 30 MILLION non-elderly people uninsured and will have spent 2.5 TRILLION dollars doing so. This law is an inefficient mess.
You will never get an answer to this.

And, I'll throw in:

Quote:
My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies