Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 03:12 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Keep moving those goalposts. NOW you support them having those rights? Even though you think it makes them "greedy" for wanting them?

Now you'll tell me how calling it gay "marriage" destroys your marriage.

I have such a hard time getting the anti-gay crowd to answer when I ask for specific examples of the terrible effects that will have on their marriages. Perhaps you can elucidate.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjk5IyjfHkE

Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't care.

He has a right to his opinions as a private individual. If he wanted to discriminate in the workplace, then that would be wrong. But he didn't.

Right now, I see Mr Eich as a man on the losing side of a political movement. And I support the winning side. But I don't want the winning side to become vindictive. And to me, it does look vindictive in how it's gone after Mr Eich.
The "winning side" may very well also go after Intel.

Intel could be next target for pro-gay marriage campaigners - TechEye

That means dumping their iPhones, iPads, Macs, etc. Apple uses Intel processors.

Do you think they will do so? Or are they just a bunch of hypocrites, as many of us suspect?

Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I get more junk coming up on my Malware scan from Chrome than any other browser. I got rid of it and am having no problems.
I've never had an issue with firefox. Miltant gay loons will not force me to change my preference. Hey they can run IE or chrome. Good for them. lol

Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Left is always looking for an imaginary homophobic boogeyman to boycott. Remember when they took Fox News to task for having the unmitigated gall for using the word "homosexual"? You can't make up this kind of moonbat lunacy.
The "gay army" gives gay folks a bad name. They really do. Just shut the hell up but they can't. Always screaming and whining about anything they can find. This is a perfect example of the hysteria they try and throw out.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Call me when Eich is put in jail for failing to name his fellow travelers.
Because persecution of one person, or one company, is not enough for you?

Why is Eich not entitled to his opinion? Why not boycott the companies where every other donor of Proposition 8 works? Let's get the list of every one of those private individuals who donated, and let's start a boycott of every one of their employers? That'll show those bigots, right? We'll teach them to think differently from the rest of us. It's toe the line on gay equality, or we'll take you down. Because our cause is finally winning. And payback is a b i t c h.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:16 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't care.

He has a right to his opinions as a private individual. If he wanted to discriminate in the workplace, then that would be wrong. But he didn't.

Right now, I see Mr Eich as a man on the losing side of a political movement. And I support the winning side. But I don't want the winning side to become vindictive. And to me, it does look vindictive in how it's gone after Mr Eich.
I see what you're saying but I have to disagree with you.

This isn't about having a private opinion.

Eich was trying to screw over a bunch of people, and he ended up getting screwed over in return.

He has no basis to complain.

But it's the audacity and hypocrisy of it all that gets me, as if they're the victims here. They cry about how unfair it is when the people they've been campaigning against begin to campaign back against them.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:17 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Woot, thanks for that, Ceist. I'd seen dear Betty before, but this one was new to me.

I guess that explains everything.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I sincerely hope you switch to Chrome. Google employee contributions involving Prop 8 were 96% against it. How about Safari? Apple was 94% against it. So here we have evidence that three of four browsers with the largest market share are made by companies that overwhelmingly support gay rights. If you use IE, you're taking your life into your own hands.

Opera is made by a Norwegian company. Same-sex marriage is legal in Norway.

Go ahead and try to find a browser (or any significant software, really) made by a company that supports homophobia. See if you can find one.

p.s. Lynx doesn't count
Why do you care what your browsers company does? Hey what if google hires a guy who get's outed as a "homophobe" Will you shut down your PC and go away? Hopefully because anyone who is as stupid as this needs to go away.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGringo71 View Post
that's another way of putting it...............so anybody who believes in traditional marriage and that it should be define by the states should be "rightly" chastised these days? I guess tolerance is a one way street for some.
Believe what you like. But when you try to force those beliefs on others, as Mr. Eich did, you run into the consequences of your own ugly behavior.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I see what you're saying but I have to disagree with you.

This isn't about having a private opinion.

Eich was trying to screw over a bunch of people, and he ended up getting screwed over in return.

He has no basis to complain.

But it's the audacity and hypocrisy of it all that gets me, as if they're the victims here. They cry about how unfair it is when the people they've been campaigning against begin to a campaign back against them.
So, it's payback.

Well, let's get the list of ALL the Proposition 8 donors. And then let's find out who their employers are. And then let's start boycotts against those employers. Because now that our cause is finally winning, it's time for us to do the persecuting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies