Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGringo71 View Post
how does supporting an option in a LEGAL referendum in California that the majority of the California voters voted by over 7 million votes be an excuse for any gay protest to fire the CEO or his boss from a workplace? That to me sounds like discrimination. That's like straight employees wanting to fire their boss or ceo because they voted NO to PROP 8......That's going over the line.

So anybody that supports traditional marriage in a legal state referendum should be fired? .....I guess Hillary Clinton can't be president, she supported DOMA and traditional marriage until recently and so did Obama and Bill Clinton..............there is a lot of hypocrisy here.
You of course are correct. They hypocrisy is thick with these folks. Obama only turned against DOMA when he realized he needed votes. Sadly liberals can't even see or understand what these clowns in office are doing. They just cheer on and hey somebody yells "boycott" every liberal will be along to join. It is what they do. They are told to support or not support something and they jump in without even thinking then claim they are the smartest kids in the room. It is quite amazing to watch folks be herded around like sheep and they actually seem to enjoy being herded.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
if people refuse to work for a boss that has a different point of view than theirs, we would have a 50% unemployment rate in this county especially over gay marriage since the nation is split.
A boss point of view should not even matter in the workplace nor should the employee's point of view unless it has to do with your job. I had a boss who was gay back in the day and it never came into play. Now she would take us out to the naked bars on friday nights but that had nothing to do with the workplace. Hey if my boss was a Klan member should that matter when I'm at work? As long as he/she doesn't discriminate in the workplace it should not. What you do on YOUR time is just that. Liberals have gone over the top with this bullying madness............the same ones who cry about bullying are the very bullies they so despise or so they say.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
not the same thing......anything you need to apply for a state license is not a right.
Say what? If I knew what you were arguing, I'd give it a shot, but that makes no sense.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,709 times
Quote:
not the same thing......anything you need to apply for a state license is not a right.
So you're saying... you have more of a right to eat at a lunch counter than you do to marry the person you love?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
For the slow kids who usually can't grasp complicated concepts :::coughthisthreadtopiccough:::

1. This isn’t just “about gay marriage.”

2. This was about attempting to repeal the 18,000 marriages of gay couples that were already on the books.

3. It wasn't just the gays.

The Mozilla fiasco was about far more than "gay marriage"

The "boycott" actually wasn't really the precipitating action that led to the stepping down of Firefox's messianic ingrate. It was more likely outrage by Mozilla EMPLOYEES (many of whom are presumably gay and might not want to work for this guy who literally worked to invalidate people's marriages), as well as the resignation of three of Mozilla's board in protest of his appointment.

But believe what you want. It's pretty much how you live your lives anyway: disconnected from reality!
It's difficult to get the news in an Echo Chamber. Even a tiny, little open door can sometimes help.

It's well documented that the 3 Board members did NOT "resign" because of Brendan Eich's appointment as CEO and it turns out that less than a dozen Mozilla Employees (and those were in the Foundation, not the company) were doing the tweets.

No doubt about their "outrage" and those of many of activists, including the pundit you linked to who clearly hasn't been doing any research on this issue. Prop 8 was more than dumb from beginning to end AND it was wrong. I never had a single doubt that it would ultimately fail, just as I've never had a single doubt that we will have Equal Rights for all citizens. It's going to come a LOT faster if the Rabid Outragers who only want some sort of juvenile revenge would just get out of the way of the adults that are making some progress on gaining those Equal Rights. Kicking sand in the face of the Founder of Mozilla because he made a private donation years ago and must be PUNISHED ... is not productive, as you will discover.

People will cut off their nose to spite their face - they did it by forcing out Eich and they will do it by uninstalling Firefox (while they ignore the gift of easy uninstall). The real loss is the loss of the Mozilla Mission, it's heart/brain and the huge international volunteer force that made it work.

Congrats

Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Go for it. If you can manage it, you have the right.

Of course, it might interfere with your ability to go on the Internet and spout bigotry, but don't let that stop you! It's all about principles!
Why do you tlak about obama that way? He was for the same thing...back then...

Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Go for it. If you can manage it, you have the right.

Of course, it might interfere with your ability to go on the Internet and spout bigotry, but don't let that stop you! It's all about principles!
Firefox is not the only internet browser.

Opera, Safari, IE, Chrome, Avant, Maxthon, etc.
Quite an extensive list of alternatives if you so choose to stop using Firefox.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Firefox is not the only internet browser.

Opera, Safari, IE, Chrome, Avant, Maxthon, etc.
Quite an extensive list of alternatives if you so choose to stop using Firefox.
That's why I said might.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
you can marry who you want, marriage is a private ceremony. If the state doesn't want to recognize that marriage that's another thing.
Yes, and that "other thing" is legalized discrimination by the state government against certain of its citizens, in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Quote:
by the way, marriage isn't about love......is about a legal contract................I dont think you need a legal contract to eat lunch at a public place , I could be wrong!
Irrelevant.

And BTW, I think you've got your anti-gay rhetoric confused. Over on the other threads, your pals insist that it's not about the legal contract at all. They think teh gayz should just live together and be in love! Forget legalities and government benefits!

Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Baloney! They have the same legal rights already. I'm tired of arguing this point, but you keep restating this ridiculous nonsense. And this isn't "legal discrimination," either.
If instead of banning gay couples from marrying, Prop 8 had banned Christian couples from marrying, would you be saying Christian couples nonetheless still have the same legal rights of civil marriage as everybody else, or would you be decrying the law as discriminating against Christians and taking away their access to rights everybody else can have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies