Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 01:48 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Uh .... you forgot about children working in sweat shops. You mustn't forget about the children.
Yes indeed. We'll be lucky when we get back to the '50s. The 1850s!

Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Are those Californians public figures? Are they the face of a billion dollar corporation that would rather not offend millions of current or potential customers? Then it's not the same thing.

Right-wingers act like this CEO was forced out by the government. He was forced out by the bad publicity Mozilla would rather not have.
SO, your logic is, the senators of cali are NOT public figures, what about obama?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
I sincerely hope you switch to Chrome. Google employee contributions involving Prop 8 were 96% against it. How about Safari? Apple was 94% against it. So here we have evidence that three of four browsers with the largest market share are made by companies that overwhelmingly support gay rights. If you use IE, you're taking your life into your own hands.

Opera is made by a Norwegian company. Same-sex marriage is legal in Norway.

Go ahead and try to find a browser (or any significant software, really) made by a company that supports homophobia. See if you can find one.

p.s. Lynx doesn't count

Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Renault, magnifique!

This line from the article, " The Liberal Gulag", takes the cake - in a mobs of the French Revolution sense, so to speak.

The Left’s most energetic foot soldiers today are MFA dropouts who are too stupid to tell a genuine Sarah Palin quote from a Tina Fey line and spend their idle afternoons (one gets the feeling there is a surplus of them) sharing Snopes-discredited political memes on Facebook and discussing last night’s Jon Stewart show.

With a plentitude of jobs available at McD's, KFC and so forth, one would think they could part their partial degrees to work. Lot's of filthy grease to go around. Chic-Fil-A, of course, has higher standards, so no need for them to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Liberal Gulag
The Brendan Eich case brings out the nature of liberal fascism.

The Hounding Of A Heretic, Ctd « The Dish

Articles: What Mozilla Has Taught Us
Gay contrarian Andrew Sullivan anticipates the likely future. “Why not the stocks?” he asks. “The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out.”
Many free browser alternatives to Mozilla here.

If you're a web designer and think you need Mozilla to test compatibility consider browsershots.org — great tool.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGringo71 View Post
how does supporting an option in a LEGAL referendum in California that the majority of the California voters voted by over 7 million votes be an excuse for any gay protest to fire the CEO or his boss from a workplace? That to me sounds like discrimination. That's like straight employees wanting to fire their boss or ceo because they voted NO to PROP 8......That's going over the line.

So anybody that supports traditional marriage in a legal state referendum should be fired? .....I guess Hillary Clinton can't be president, she supported DOMA and traditional marriage until recently and so did Obama and Bill Clinton..............there is a lot of hypocrisy here.

He wasn't fired. He stepped down.

And if Hillary Clinton, Obama and Bill Clinton still espoused their previously politically expedient points of views, then yes, they would be rightfully chastised these days.

Strom Thurmond, for example, was an old Dixiecrat who once supported segregation. Not sure if he took that point of view to his grave, but I would like to think he eventually got over that point of view.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:00 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
I think these boycotts and their getting people fired are nazi tactics.
I will continue to use Firefox because I like their debugging tools that plugin. MS Internet Explorer
blows!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:02 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, your logic is, the senators of cali are NOT public figures, what about obama?
Good point, chucksnee. The Mozilla CEO gave the donation to the Prop 8 pac years ago when President Obama was also still against gay marriage. What about that, gays?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I have heard several folks now that as a reaction to the rabid gay left getting their CEO fired
to now they will boycott them as well!
Interesting I must say I agree I will be damned if I am going to have anyone like these jerks
thinking they can ruin someone for something they did privately 6 years ago!
These people have more hate I think than the race baiters~
they wanted legal marriage, great, they got it
but now if everyone is not waving rainbow flags they want to destroy them
I can not stand folks who bully
even several people who have been out spoken for gay marriage are speaking out
I say bring it on!!
I'm going to boycott the entire state of Georgia because this post is hard to read.

BOYCOT EVERYTHING - THEY WERK!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Good point, chucksnee. The Mozilla CEO gave the donation to the Prop 8 pac years ago when President Obama was also still against gay marriage. What about that, gays?
Obama evolved, everyone else is a hater.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I will never support a company that caves into fascism of any kind, whether it's Nazi fascism or gay militant fascism, fascism has no place in a free society.
gay militant fascism?

You call boycotting fascism now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies