Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 02:13 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
LOL. Yep, ya gotta "evolve" quick these days to stay ahead of the mob!

If you haven't evolved by now you're basically already relegated to the dust bin of history.

At some point critical mass is achieved to the point where you're basically ignored...and will one day be one of those old coot holdouts shaking your fist at the world that has passed you by. This process is already well along. Enjoy.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I don't think it's quite the same thing. Boycott Facebook and they have one fewer person's private life to sell to advertisers. Mozilla does not (yet) exist solely as a way to funnel data to a central repository.
Mozilla/Firefox still must make money to survive or it wouldn't exist.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Like most Americans (see polls), Obama's views on gay marriage have changed over the years and he has never done anything to block gay marriage. Eich donated money to block gay marriage and has not changed his views. The Mozilla board decided this controversy made him a poor choice to lead Mozilla. Even before this gay marriage issue many thought he was a poor choice for CEO.
You mean those views that the majority of Californians held?

What's next? Will they sift through every employee's record and see who they voted for or didn't? Who they didn't vote for or did? What if the Mozilla board decides that an employee voting against Obama made them a poor choice to work there?

No, no voter intimidation to see here, folks. Just move along.....

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I dunno. How does that affect whether or not Mr. Eich was a bigot? Is he Obama's attached twin or something?
Eich is a bigot. On that we agree. On his right to disagree with me or anyone else, that is also his right and where we do not agree.

I find it surprising you didn't or don't hold Obama's position, being president and all, more influential in such matters (I kinda do).

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You mean those views that the majority of Californians held***?

*** and no longer do.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
He is a bigot. On that we agree. On his right to disagree with me or anyone else, that is also his right. I find it surprising you don't hold Obama's position, being president and all, more influential in such matters (I kinda do).
I make up my own mind about things. No politician has ever influenced me.

In fact, I vote for people who meet my standards. I don't change my standards because of them.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Eich is a bigot. On that we agree. On his right to disagree with me or anyone else, that is also his right and where we do not agree.

I find it surprising you didn't or don't hold Obama's position, being president and all, more influential in such matters (I kinda do).
But why don't people who believe he is a bigot have the right to say so? Does free speech stop at a certain point in the conversation?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Mozilla/Firefox still must make money to survive or it wouldn't exist.
Google, for example, pays Firefox to be it's default search engine.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
But why don't people who believe he is a bigot have the right to say so? Does free speech stop at a certain point in the conversation?
While I personally think it’s stupid to support a legal ban on gay marriage, the fact that this guy was forced to step down because of contributing money to that cause is downright ridiculous. Does Mozilla have a domestic partner healthcare policy? Had the ceo nixed that? probably not and they probably employ plenty of gays, hetero’s, and lord knows what else.

What if the shoe was on the other foot–ceo actively supports gay marriage, and forced to step down as a result?

It’s a slippery slope and i don’t like it one bit. The board of Mozilla should grow some grapes. If the new ceo is incompetent and tanks the company, I hope they get sued.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
It’s a slippery slope and i don’t like it one bit. The board of Mozilla should grow some grapes. If the new ceo is incompetent and tanks the company, I hope they get sued.
You won't blame the boycotters for tanking the company?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies