Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
For those who say that they will uninstalled your Mozilla / Firefox browser because of this case, maybe you should also burn your computer.
Google, Apple and Microsoft are all pro same sex marriage.
The Mozilla Foundation is funded 98% by Google... so cancel your Gmail and Google accounts and uninstall that Chrome browser.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Lest we forget - our current leader was running around this country in 2008 (when this person made this donation) claiming that marriage was between one man and one woman. He isn't being punished for that "campaign" today.

If you are a traditional Catholic or Muslim and a business owner in this country, you should be quite concerned. Next up may be your job.
Obama not only claimed his belief in traditional marriage, he affirmed it before the congregation of Rick Warren's Saddleback Church, and affirmed it's grounding in the bible, saying: “I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it’s also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.”

The militant homosexual Lefts have no standing to re-define what marriage is. It is God ordained and has been supported by governments because it is a societal good.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, nobody forced him to step down. He stepped down for the best interests of his company.

In the market driven economy/society, this kind of things happen all.the.time.

Overwhelming majority of Californians support gay marriage, he pissed off his consumers, and he had to deal with the consequences.

Consumers don't want him, he messed up. No more no less. Has nothing to do with politics.
He stepped down because he was being bullied.

He didn't **** off his consumers, he pissed of the very vocal extremists that demanded he resign.

The majority of Californians voted FOR Prop 8.

And yes, it has everything to do with politics.

And my question has STILL not been answered: since Obama and Biden held the same views as he did, should they step down for the best interests of the company?

Old 04-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The facts are real enough. The reality is if you don't support homosexuality, you will be punished in different ways. Financially or losing your job or business.
And the homosexual militant "hordes" (mobs) will make sure you are punished, as we have seen. There is no question that they exist. We have seen them in action, all over the Net.

I read that there were only about 3 employees at Mozilla that voiced opposition to Mr. Eich, and the members of the board, for whom it was reported left because of his appointment, had previously announced their plans to leave. Therefore, all the pressure to fire Mr. Eich came from outside the company. That would have taken a lot of pressure. This clearly was "mob action."

Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
They're fighting for their right to have the same legal rights as other citizens, not for "personal views." Unless you consider being legally discriminated against a "personal view."

Nice try at deflection. Or do you really not get it, after all this time?
They are NOT fighting for that right. If they were, they would be content to support an equal measure that is called anything but "marriage". But they are insistent that it be called marriage, which shows that they are NOT for equal rights, but FOR attacking christianity. Why else would they not be satisfied with a civil union label that gives them every right that a married couple has?

I am a childless married woman. When my husband and I got married, it was in CA in the thick of this issue. We looked into entering into a civil union, instead of marriage, because we have no religious affiliation and will not have children. Guess what - we couldn't do that. You can only get a civil union if you are same sex, or over a certain age.

Because to us, it would be the same thing. We could care less.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The IRS isn't the only way to silence the opposition, they've just found another way. People will be afraid to take a stance for fear it will come back to haunt them in the future. That is the intended effect.
That's right. It's voter intimidation. You fear exercising your right to free speech and voting for whatever you like, lest you lose your job.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
It is obvious you feel no one has the right to protest against your views. If that was not the case, you would not continue to repeatedly call people bigots. If someone does not agree with you, they are a bigot. Do you realize you have called multiple people, multiple times bigots. And based on what someone has typed in response to a post.

The truth is, if this man marched in a gay pride or anti gay march has nothing to do with his job.....UNLESS he was doing it on company time.
That is not obvious "how I feel."

I stated that you are free to express your views. You just don't have immunity from the condemnation of society.

How is that so difficult to grasp?

Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The bible is only restating the obvious facts of human society and biology.
No, it isn't. The bible has much more to say about marriage than just that one short phrase. Perhaps you should read it sometime.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM

872 posts, read 828,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They are NOT fighting for that right. If they were, they would be content to support an equal measure that is called anything but "marriage". But they are insistent that it be called marriage, which shows that they are NOT for equal rights, but FOR attacking christianity. Why else would they not be satisfied with a civil union label that gives them every right that a married couple has?

I am a childless married woman. When my husband and I got married, it was in CA in the thick of this issue. We looked into entering into a civil union, instead of marriage, because we have no religious affiliation and will not have children. Guess what - we couldn't do that. You can only get a civil union if you are same sex, or over a certain age.

Because the extreme gay rights movement, do not want Marriage to remain what it is. You are right it is not about these 1000 + benefits, it's not about being with the person that they love, it's about destroying someone's belief to make them feel better. I agree they should be able to have the same benefits. But a marriage is between a man and a woman. Even if they were able to have ALL of the benefits, it would still be a fight because they would want it to be called Marriage.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Because the government only grants its 1000+ benefits to couples who are, you know, married. If you support stripping all "married" couples of those benefits so that everyone is equal, go for it.

I have no idea WTH California is doing with its marriage laws. But I'd guess the anti-gay people didn't want to grant those benefits to gays, so government came up with civil ceremonies as a crappy "compromise" that it thought would make gay couples go away and stop asking for the same rights as straight couples. Set them up as an alternative for gays, and it probably never occurred to anyone that straights would want a civil union that would keep them from enjoying federal benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies