Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 11:16 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think everyone would understand the need for subjecting KSM to horrible treatment.
I don't, sorry.

Quote:
He masterminded 9/11
Does this make him immune to conventional interrogation methods? Or is it okay to torture him because you're particularly upset with him? Do you feel those who masterminded the invasion of Iraq should be tortured? That invasion resulted in far, far greater loss of life, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 11:19 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I don't, sorry.

Does this make him immune to conventional interrogation methods? Or is it okay to torture him because you're particularly upset with him? Do you feel those who masterminded the invasion of Iraq should be tortured? That invasion resulted in far, far greater loss of life, after all.
Well, as you're Canadian, and haven't actually had 3000 people killed in your country by that nut, I think you lack the emotional attachment to the situation.

He was a terrorist mastermind, and knew vital information on taking down a terrorist group that wants to kill every American. So yeah, I have no problem with any treatment that KSM received.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Well, as you're Canadian, and haven't actually had 3000 people killed in your country by that nut, I think you lack the emotional attachment to the situation.
What emotional attachment? I'm told that right-wingers are rational beings who don't base their decisions on emotion.

Quote:
He was a terrorist mastermind, and knew vital information on taking down a terrorist group that wants to kill every American. So yeah, I have no problem with any treatment that KSM received.
I know you do. I asked you to clarify your statement, not repeat it. Do you support torturing him because you think he's a superman immune to all other interrogation methods or do you support it because 911wahdaddybushimscared?

Old 12-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
What emotional attachment? I'm told that right-wingers are rational beings who don't base their decisions on emotion.

I know you do. I asked you to clarify your statement, not repeat it. Do you support torturing him because you think he's a superman immune to all other interrogation methods or do you support it because 911wahdaddybushimscared?
I support torturing him to find out what he knew if he isn't talking. And he wasn't talking. Now, after he was waterboarded a few times, he started squealing like a pig.

Was there an emotional attachment after we were attacked on December 7th, 1941? Hells yes it was, and I harbor similar feelings on 9/11. I had no issue with the invasion of Afghanistan, and I feel we would have been far more successful if we hadn't taken our eyes off the ball so George W. could go and finish daddies war.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I support torturing him to find out what he knew if he isn't talking. And he wasn't talking. Now, after he was waterboarded a few times, he started squealing like a pig.
This is incorrect.

Quote:
Was there an emotional attachment after we were attacked on December 7th, 1941? Hells yes it was, and I harbor similar feelings on 9/11.
Got it. It's okay to torture people if it makes right-wingers feel better.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
This is incorrect.

That was true. He asked for a white board to draw the entire operation out, and started waking interrogators up he went so long.

That happened, as a result of the EIT he endured.

I'm hardly a right winger, in fact, I'm generally called a liberal

Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
This is incorrect.

What's being a right winger have anything to do with it?

I guess the dems who voted to go to war are now right wingers...

Old 12-15-2014, 11:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

Yeah, I was actually laughing when he called you right-winger.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
That was true. He asked for a white board to draw the entire operation out, and started waking interrogators up he went so long.

That happened, as a result of the EIT he endured.
Prove this.

Quote:
Your support of torture pegs you as a right-winger.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Prove this.

Your support of torture pegs you as a right-winger.
When he finally folded, officers couldn’t get him to stop talking.

“Once they understand that they’ve come to the limits of their strength that their god will give them, they cooperate because they cannot resist beyond their strength,” explains Rodriguez, who said information extracted from Mohammed helped foil a range of terror schemes, including 9/11-style attacks on the West Coast in 2003.

Rodriguez contends information obtained from Mohammed and fellow terrorist Abu Zubaydah accounts for more than 50 percent of the terror-plot section of the 9/11 Commission report.

How we broke KSM | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies