Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

This is from your own cite. It's, like, the first paragraph.

Quote:
INTEL GATHERING: Al Qaeda’s 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed was held at secret CIA interrogation jails — or “black sites” — like this one in Lithuania (pictured), where he was waterboarded 183 times but did not crack
You said he squealed like a pig. Perhaps he squealed like a pig who didn't crack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 12:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post

You said he squealed like a pig. Perhaps he squealed like a pig who didn't crack.
Yep, the water boarding, slapping in the face, and finally subjecting him to sleep deprivation finally cracked him, bub.

As I said, he cracked, and when he did, he wouldn't shut up.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep, the water boarding, slapping in the face, and finally subjecting him to sleep deprivation finally cracked him, bub.
Don't call me 'bub'. If you must refer to me, 'Sir' or 'Mr. Beaudoin' will do.

Quote:
As I said,
These are your words:

Quote:
Now, after he was waterboarded a few times, he started squealing like a pig.
Turns out that after he was waterboarded 183 times, not a few, and that he in fact squealed like no pig at all.

But whether you had your facts right or not, it's clear that your country's treaties and obligations mean nothing, and that you support torture if you think it will get you what you want.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Don't call me 'bub'. If you must refer to me, 'Sir' or 'Mr. Beaudoin' will do.

These are your words:

Turns out that after he was waterboarded 183 times, not a few, and that he in fact squealed like no pig at all.

But whether you had your facts right or not, it's clear that your country's treaties and obligations mean nothing, and that you support torture if you think it will get you what you want.
I'll call you whatever I damned well want to, bub.

And I know what I said. He was waterboarded, pinned against walls, slapped, sleep deprived, after all of that, he broke, and wouldn't shut up.

So the techniques worked, bub.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No you won't, because after this post you will cease to exist in my eyes.

Quote:
And I know what I said.
You said he was waterboarded a few times and then squealed like a pig, but your alleged proof states no such thing. It says he was waterboarded many times and withstood it. Sorry if your own citations don't support your claims.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:35 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
When he finally folded, officers couldn’t get him to stop talking.

“Once they understand that they’ve come to the limits of their strength that their god will give them, they cooperate because they cannot resist beyond their strength,” explains Rodriguez, who said information extracted from Mohammed helped foil a range of terror schemes, including 9/11-style attacks on the West Coast in 2003.

Rodriguez contends information obtained from Mohammed and fellow terrorist Abu Zubaydah accounts for more than 50 percent of the terror-plot section of the 9/11 Commission report.

How we broke KSM | New York Post
He confessed to a lot. That doesn't mean it was all true or he gave away any information that would actually stop future attacks. A quote from John McCain in the following article: "The trail to bin Laden did not begin with a disclosure from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. ...not only did the use of 'enhanced interrogation techniques' on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed not provide us with key leads on bin Laden's courier, Abu Ahmed; it actually produced false and misleading information."

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-15-2014, 12:38 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

Seems you are rooting for KSM...

I wonder why?

Old 12-15-2014, 12:39 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:

And I know what I said. He was waterboarded, pinned against walls, slapped, sleep deprived, after all of that, he broke, and wouldn't shut up.

According to the article you linked to, the waterboarding and violence didn't work, though sleep deprivation did (unless you think the 11,957th waterboarding would have done the trick). And his confessions didn't necessarily give anything of value to interrogators.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:52 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
What good does it do for us to release this?
I agree with your comment , some things the public would be better not to know..

Old 12-15-2014, 02:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

183 times. How long did that take? How many months?

Why not just shoot them up with truth serum or some other narcotic?

183 times. That's ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies