Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:08 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times

Advertisements

As a strong conservative - NOT a corporate conservative, it has become obvious even to the most rigid and resistant thinkers in America that the country is headed for a disaster, one that will lead to an uprising and massive destruction/loss of life.

The caving in of the federal government to corporate america's wishes, as evidenced in this study:

America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds - Washington Times

for instance, an unwillingness to stop illegal immigration and lunatic, job-destroying programs such as the H1-B fiasco, have enriched a few at the top and obliterated the middle class.

If this situation continues, with large amounts of middle class jobs eliminated through off-shoring and the importation of cheap foreign labor (both legal and illegal), there is going to be a massive uprising, and it will not be pretty. There are already tent cities forming across the US in many places, so when the federal government handouts run out, and people can no longer feed their families - it will be game on.

A second study here showing how the US' middle class is falling further and further behind other nations:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/up...ichest.html?hp

The lunacy of importing the poor of the rest of the world, propped up with welfare dollars paid for with tax dollars from a rapidly shrinking middle class, along with the transfers of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of jobs overseas to places like china, has now come home to roost.

This mass jobs transfer destroyed the US' manufacturing base, and combined with the mass reduction of wages and career options for everyone from construction and IT workers due to the importation of cheap foreign labor - enable by compliant, tone-deaf congress whose primary goal is to satisfy its corporate benefactors - will lead to an inevitable uprising.

Personally, I give this country another 20 years at most before things explode, and am very fearful of the results. No revolution is bloodless, and given the sheer volume of weapons in the US, will likely lead to huge numbers of dead.

I pray that someone, somewhere in congress has the intelligence, courage and character to recognize that we are riding a train wreck going off the rails, and will step in and stop it.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Apart from the "civil war" aspect of it, I'm in total agreement with the OP as to the destructive policies of this government, regardless of which party is in power. And I lean left.

The government is doing the bidding of big business and not anyone else. The Dems throw rhetorical bones to minorities, and the Repubs throw rhetorical bones to whites and Christians.

We have high unemployment and the government continues to allow floods of foreign skilled and unskilled workers to undercut it's citizenry. This benefits no one except the rich, except maybe Latino activist groups that see their power rise as the number of Latinos explodes.

..and you have leftists and corporate right wingers in bed with this policy..one side calls anyone who criticizes it "racist, xenophobic", and the other proclaims this is just the invisible hand of the free market and this is how it should work out naturally.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Apart from the "civil war" aspect of it, I'm in total agreement with the OP as to the destructive policies of this government, regardless of which party is in power. And I lean left.

The government is doing the bidding of big business and not anyone else. The Dems throw rhetorical bones to minorities, and the Repubs throw rhetorical bones to whites and Christians.

We have high unemployment and the government continues to allow floods of foreign skilled and unskilled workers to undercut it's citizenry. This benefits no one except the rich, except maybe Latino activist groups that see their power rise as the number of Latinos explodes.

..and you have leftists and corporate right wingers in bed with this policy..one side calls anyone who criticizes it "racist, xenophobic", and the other proclaims this is just the invisible hand of the free market and this is how it should work out naturally.

All of the points that you've made is exactly why I align with the libertarian ideology. In short, both parties suck, and continue to pander to their corporate cronies.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
This is ridiculous. I am as conservative as it gets and even I see how stupid this is. It would make zero sense. What is the point in destroying our nation?

Am I happy with Obama and the lefties? Of course not. But I realize that we need to do a better job explaining our positions and how the lefties are hurting the nation ... and we need to do it without sounding like idiotic racist morons. We need to stop being afraid of minorities and Spanish speakers. If need be we may also need to moderate our positions. Bombs and bullets would be counterproductive.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is ridiculous. I am as conservative as it gets and even I see how stupid this is. It would make zero sense. What is the point in destroying our nation?
ask that of the people that came up with supply side economics?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
All of the points that you've made is exactly why I align with the libertarian ideology. In short, both parties suck, and continue to pander to their corporate cronies.
The libertarian position I've seen, and maybe this isn't ALL Libertarians, is that if you have no welfare state and open borders, the immigration and unemployment issue will naturally work itself out.

I think that's an incredibly naive and destructive position and would bring our institutions to their knees in about 5 years.

I also support social safety nets, so hard core Libertarian ideology doesn't work for me.

I do think that our government should be concerned about ALL of it's citizens first before anyone else, not Mexicans, and not just big business. I support a benevolent policy towards Mexican citizens..ie encouraging the Mexican government to move into the 21st century, not acting as a pressure relief valve for their poor. This country does not need anymore unskilled workers..it needs less and the governments policy should reflect that, not the reverse.

If the country actually NEEDS skilled workers, I support the government allowing that too. But I have first hand experience with this...H1bs are used to pay skilled workers less than citizens in the vast majority of situations, and that practice needs to be stopped immediatley.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
No civil war is coming in the US.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No civil war is coming in the US.
May I glean some of your reasoning?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
What you are going to see most definitely won't be a civil war. It'll be the service industry equivalent of what happened during the Gilded Age. The pendulum has swung too far to the side of supply and capital, and the slow swing back to moderation is going to start coming from our bigger cities as people begin to demand jobs that pay more than poverty wages, education that doesn't result in lifelong debt and more return in services for the taxes they pay. You can't go from a nation of poor indentured workers to the richest middle class on earth, and then back to a nation of service industry wage slaves without people taking notice.

So, a civil war is as likely as a transformation into a Galt's Gulch.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:36 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies