Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Voter ID laws are unconstitutional according to the 24th Amendment, because they require the purchase of a photo ID, or purchase of relevent government documentation required to receive a free photo ID. That constitutes a tax.

Tax

24th Amendment:

Voter ID laws are 100% unconstitutional. They are simply unacceptable.

The funny thing is, the 24th Amendment exists because southern states used poll taxes, literacy tests, and other Jim Crow laws to disenfranchise black voters.

Are we moving back in time, Republicans?

meanwhile in reality, most states offer an ID for FREE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"An Arkansas judge declared the state’s new voter identification law unconstitutional on Thursday since it stipulates that voters must meet an additional requirement before casting a ballot.

Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Tim Fox called the law, which calls for voters to show photo identification cards, “void and unenforceable.”

Arkansas judge strikes down voter ID law as unconstitutional

Maybe instead of working so hard to disenfranchise voters that might vote for their opposition, the GOP could work on offering some ideas that would attract those voters to their side?
maybe the liberals should understand what kind of government we have

we are a REPRESENTITIVE republic

which mean we vote for OUR DISCTRICT REPRESENTITIVE

dont you think you should prove that you are who you say you are and you live in the district you say you live in

why are the fascist liberals so anti-id

liberals answer this:

what’s wrong with showing an ID to prove WHO you ARE, and WHERE you LIVE (RESIDENCY)...we are after all a REPRESENTIVE REPUBLIC..you vote for a REPRESENTITIVE of YOUR DISTRICT...prove you are who you say you are, and what DISCRICT you LIVE in…. you should show that you BELONG to that certain DISTRICT
whats wrong with asking people to PROVE who they are, ARE THEY A RESIDENT of that SPECIFIC DISTRICT, (for which they are trying to vote)
do you REALLY think people like Nancy Pelosi (of San FRan) would like it if some guys from Jersey came and voted against her in San Fran, just because they didn’t have to prove that they were from San Fran
I see NOTHING wrong with requiring everyone to have an photo ID...be PROUD of who you are and your residency...PROUDLY vote for YOUR representative...but let’s be truthful, and PROPERLY vote in the PROPER district

the PEOPLE WANT a national ID..to prevent the possible voter fraud,,to prevent id theft..

get with it man

for those that say fraud is a small percentage….you lose all creditability when you say small or non-existent percentage…….as soon as one person votes saying they are someone they are not...its voter fraud…………………as soon as someone votes in for a district they dont reside in...its voter fraud

with Identification theft happening every hour or every day………………..it is a big thing

sometimes elections come down to only a few votes...any and all voter fraud must be at least tried to be stopped..this is a step

we NEED a national id, and it to be required for all
in france..or switzerland..or norway...or italy..or germany..or belguim...all have national id/drivers license

but I think having a STANDARD that applied nation wide is a smart idea

we need an ID for almost everything we do

heck I need an id( Cac card) just to log on to the computer
I need an ID to get a library card
I need an Id to rent a car
I need an id to get my perscriptions
I need an Id to get a blockbuster card
I need an id (bc AND SS) to get my license
I need an id to get a JOB
I need an id to be a new patient at ANY doctors office
I need an id to fly
i need an id to buy tobacco or alchohol

it would be CHEAPER to have one national id (DL) than having 50 DIFFERENT ones

when you go to another country (like france) you get a FRENCH drivers licince...not a paris or 'state' license
we NEED a national Id

Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Vote more and vote often....

It is not those that place the votes that determine elections, it is those counting the votes, that do - Barack Obama
Yes, if he said that he was probably remembering all those hanging chads in Florida, from the ballots cast by thousands of senior citizens who apparently voted for the Communist Party candidate.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Voting shouldn't be cost a person anything.
Neither should owning a firearm. I have to pay for all of that , so we can go back and forth if you want? Owning a firearm is a right just like voting correct?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"An Arkansas judge declared the state’s new voter identification law unconstitutional on Thursday since it stipulates that voters must meet an additional requirement before casting a ballot.

Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Tim Fox called the law, which calls for voters to show photo identification cards, “void and unenforceable.”

Arkansas judge strikes down voter ID law as unconstitutional

Maybe instead of working so hard to disenfranchise voters that might vote for their opposition, the GOP could work on offering some ideas that would attract those voters to their side?
Thanks for not telling us WHY it's supposedly unconstitutional, because without that, there really is no discussion to have about it.

/threadfail

Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Neither should owning a firearm. I have to pay for all of that , so we can go back and forth if you want? Owning a firearm is a right just like voting correct?
Health care is supposedly a right too, is that free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But one needs the BC to get the ID.

Boo Hoo

How many people really have their original BC in their possession?

I do , i keep up with all of my IMPORTANT documentation. Common sense. Try it.

I have a copy of mine; got it decades ago. Even that copy is kind of a tattered rag now.
Your responsibility not anyone else's.

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because the whole point is that people voter WHERE they are supposed to vote

what if:

Fred works for Steve, they work in Nassau county
fred lives in mostly liberal queens
Steve lives in 50/50 Nassau
steve is on vacation during election day
fred votes not only in queens as fred, but also votes in Nassau as steve, since he knows where steve lives etc

Id would reduce any possibility of fraud (not saying it would eliminate it 100%, but it would still reduce it) because any fraud (even one instance) is a bad thing
Steve probably mailed in his vote, and Fred would probably fail at forging Steve's signature.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Wrong.

If no one owned a firearm in this country, the country and government would still function as it was designed to do.

If no one voted in this country, then we wouldn't have a representative democracy form of government, as it was designed.

Voting is not just a right. It's an obligation because our system depends on citizens participating in their government, and voting is part of that participation.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Health care is supposedly a right too, is that free?
You mean in the land of free America? LOL.. Do people still believe that false advertisement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies