Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yeah, but getting a birth certificate in order to get that ID can be very difficult and expensive.
Not in PA it wasn't, they would first try and obtain the BC for you while you waited. In the event it couldn't be obtained you could get the voting only ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Neither should owning a firearm. I have to pay for all of that , so we can go back and forth if you want? Owning a firearm is a right just like voting correct?
But there is no Constitutional amendment specifically prohibiting the levying of costs or taxes to own firearms, as there is for voting.

End of discussion.

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Forging signatures is much harder than you think. I doubt you could forge my signature and make it look anywhere close to mine.

Besides people who do voter fraud in person tend to do a poor job at it and get caught.
Why do I need to make it look anywhere close to yours? The people at the polls are close personal friends that are VERY familiar with your signature? They are experts at spotting forgeries?

How many cases of voter fraud where a person went to the polls and tried to pass them off as someone else are you aware of? Because that hardly ever happens.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Irrelevant.

Voting is an unconditional citizen right. Voting can only be voided by a criminal who has been tried and convicted (due process).

The right of United States' citizens to vote is directly stated in four distinct Constitutional Amendments.

Driving, buying liquor, or going through airport security are not citizen rights. The difference is explicit.
How do you know if they are a citizen or not?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
Quote:
What do I need the birth certificate for?

Do you carry yours around with you? Ready at a moment's notice to whip it out and prove you were born in Aedubber State?
If you dont know what you need it for then that is your problem. I never claimed to carry it with me as i have many forms of ID on me. I can see from your reply that you are just childish and immature.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The BC requirements are federal law for secure ID. That said the voting only ID in PA didn't require a BC.
Try getting an ID in Arkansas without a BC. (This thread is about ARKANSAS Voter ID.)

Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not most states, every state that has passed voter ID legislation has provisions for obtaining a free ID.
But if the requirements to obtain that free ID aren't free, then the cost of obtaining it isn't "free".

Old 04-25-2014, 08:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Why do I need to make it look anywhere close to yours? The people at the polls are close personal friends that are VERY familiar with your signature? They are experts at spotting forgeries?

How many cases of voter fraud where a person went to the polls and tried to pass them off as someone else are you aware of? Because that hardly ever happens.
They should have my signature on file when I registered to vote. Also why would anyone want to vote just twice if they are trying to have any real impact on an election? And running from voting station to voting station is too time consuming.

How many cases of voter fraud in person? That is a good question, and the states that have done investigations on this have managed to come up with little to nothing.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:01 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
But there is no Constitutional amendment specifically prohibiting the levying of costs or taxes to own firearms, as there is for voting.

End of discussion.
Look who came out of the cave lol. I dont care, i follow the laws and rules and if you cant afford or are not responsible enough to vote then thats too bad. I have stated my opinion already on this, the city/town you live in should give out free IDs as long as you can provide documentation on who you are legally.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Look who came out of the cave lol. I dont care, i follow the laws and rules and if you cant afford or are not responsible enough to vote then thats too bad. I have stated my opinion already on this, the city/town you live in should give out free IDs as long as you can provide documentation on who you are legally.
Which a piece of mail with you name and address, with a bank card or something should be acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies