Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
voter fraud here is rampant. voter id is reasonable. the fact that many vote multiple times and illegals in droves is hardly fair to either party and considering our current irresponsible federal spending spree-- not good for the country.
Give me the statistics to back up your claim that voter fraud is rampant in CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 10:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Any proof that voter fraud is rampant?
Yes. Democrats don't want voters to have to show a photo ID

Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yes. Democrats don't want voters to have to show a photo ID
Voters don't have to show any photo ID when voting by mail, yet the voter fraud fear mongers never question mail in ballots. We should do away with mail in voting if you guys are so concerned with fraud.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Voters don't have to show any photo ID when voting by mail, yet the voter fraud fear mongers never question mail in ballots. We should do away with mail in voting if you guys are so concerned with fraud.
I think that is because mail in ballots are delivered to a home. And, only once.

Whose this "you guys". It is not a democratic or republican or libertarian party thing with me.
It is just simply having proper identification to prove who you are to vote.
It is a basic standard in our present day society; it is not extraordinary.

Just because a person doesn't want to take the time to do something, doesn't make it right.
It is like brushing your teeth. Somethings you just have to do to get on with life.

If I had my way we would all be voting via internet, but hey we just have to wait for time,
for that.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Since when do we pass legislation based on fictitious problems, there are boards of election in place that have no idea that there is any issue
You mean like in Florida

Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I think that is because mail in ballots are delivered to a home. And, only once.

Whose this "you guys". It is not a democratic or republican or libertarian party thing with me.

Just because a person doesn't want to take the time to do something, doesn't make it right.
It is like brushing your teeth. Somethings you just have to do to get on with life.

If I had my way we would all be voting via internet, but hey we just have to wait for time,
for that.
You guys means the people so concerned with voter fraud.

Mail in ballots are easy to commit voter fraud. Lets say you are the head of the household and you receive ballots in the mail for you, your wife, your two children that are both over 18, and your grandmother because her mail goes to your house. You get the needed information from each of them. You cast the votes for them, sign their names on the envelopes, and mail in their votes to be counted. That is called voter fraud and not once was there anyone there to check the IDs as this person just voted 5 times. Why is that something you aren't concerned with? Voter fraud by mail in is much easier than stealing someone's identity and voting in person. Also voter fraud in person, one would have to go to numerous different voting stations because you couldn't vote more than once in the same voting station.

If voter fraud is such a rampant issue, why not microchip everyone to prevent anyone from voting more than once?

And if you think voter fraud is rampant now, voting by the internet would basically be begging for massive voter fraud. Heartbleed is the most recent example of how dangerous voting on the internet could be.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You mean like in Florida
You mean the state where Bush won and the state that his brother was the governor in? Also the same state that is "god's waiting room" where a number of those voters probably died between the time they voted and the time all the recounts happened?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:

You cast the votes for them, sign their names on the envelopes, and mail in their votes to be counted. That is called voter fraud and not once was there anyone there to check the IDs as this person just voted 5 times.
If voter fraud is such a rampant issue, why not microchip everyone to prevent anyone from voting more than once?

if you think voter fraud is rampant now, voting by the internet would basically be begging for massive voter fraud. Heartbleed is the most recent example of how dangerous voting on the internet could be.
I don't know - with an email, a passcode, kind of like getting on ssa.gov.

You microchip something that you do not want to loose. I know many people I'd rather see go MIA

Who asked for the five ballots to go to the same house in the first place?
If it is that one head of household she/he either knows the other folks in the house really well, or she is really pissed off they never bother to vote. Serves them right, if it's the latter - probably the only one in tune with
what's going on politically anyways I'm kidding - seriously you have to sign your name on the ballot
and it is checked with what is registered with voters registration and it's sent in an envelope coming from
that home. That's as good as it gets, besides showing a Photo ID in person.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
You mean the state where Bush won and the state that his brother was the governor in? Also the same state that is "god's waiting room" where a number of those voters probably died between the time they voted and the time all the recounts happened?
One in the same. I was responding to the notion that board of elections are on top of things
in regards to voter fraud and/or ABUSE. They aren't. That is why photo ID's are a good idea
for all sides since it is a reasonable request.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:

for that.
That won't happen.

The whole "minority suppression" thing is just a liberal smokescreen. The actual fact is that there are more poor whites in the country than there are poor minorities, and poor whites tend to vote Republican. Another fact is that places which already have voter ID in place do not show any less turnout of minorities. So the "Republicans are trying to suppress the votes of poor minorities" is hogwash.

But what voter ID does is make it so disinterested folks can't vote. You have to put forth the effort as an individual to qualify yourself to vote by getting a valid ID and showing up with it at the polling place. This means the organizations like Acorn can't register thousands of disinterested people as Democrats and then cart them to a voting location. Online voting would also require interest and initiative on the part of the individual to personally sign up for it and create an account, so the same liberals who squawk about voter ID now would also complain about online voting. Wouldn't matter that if you didn't own a computer you could still go to the library and vote if you were interested in doing so, they'd still whine about it being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies