Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Hoping Sterling sues the NBA (other team owners) for billions.
And if he is stupid enough to do that, I hope he loses billions in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 12:06 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
The news report I heard indicated the NBA would likely only approve the deal on the condition that Balmer not move the team to Seattle. We shall see ....
That sounds like a great strategy to prevent the sale.

Maybe Ballmer is just bluffing.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:26 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny how many of the Sterling defenders are now happy he is selling the team. All that money still won't get him court side seats at any NBA game.
2 billion dollars.......courtside seats........2 BILLION DOLLARS hmmmmm.....courtside seats...

What do you think matters to the old school Jew?

Hint: it isn't courtside seats.

Do you see what happened here? Sterling got paid 2 billion dollars for being a bigot lol.

This dude worked Black America into a foaming mouth frenzy....then as the angry mob were about to raise their hands in victory, in the blink of an eye, Sterling pocketed thousands of Black American Dreams.

He bought the team for 12 million dollars.......

Trust me, he is laughing. He is in happy tears.

Gotta love social justice....LOL

Old 05-30-2014, 02:44 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How is he a winner?

He was forced to sell an asset.

If he WANTED to sell it, he still would have made the money.

So, no, I don't see him as a winner of any sort.
That is why you probably aren't a business man or woman.

Sterling is smarter than many may think and after his disgusting remarks but with a NBA who mishandled it so badly for me Sterling came out as the winner and the NBA will be a sour loser and shown how PC is not working when you are biased.

Why was Kobe Bryant fined $100,000 and not more for his remarks and the guy. Asking for an all black league was just ignored.

They made openly remarks while Sterling was secretly and illegally taped!

The tapes shouldn't even be admissible in a court of law since they are obtained in an illegal way so good luck to the NBA with their $ 2.5 million fine to Sterling!

Sterling has the money and means to stand up and that is great since most people won't have the means to fight back.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:46 AM

It also shows that when the media convicts you without a decent trial you don't always have to loose and the people who were so against Sterling were now laughing on CNN. I guess the NBA didn't expect that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
2 billion dollars.......courtside seats........2 BILLION DOLLARS hmmmmm.....courtside seats...

What do you think matters to the old school Jew?

Hint: it isn't courtside seats.

Do you see what happened here? Sterling got paid 2 billion dollars for being a bigot lol.

This dude worked Black America into a foaming mouth frenzy....then as the angry mob were about to raise their hands in victory, in the blink of an eye, Sterling pocketed thousands of Black American Dreams.

He bought the team for 12 million dollars.......

Trust me, he is laughing. He is in happy tears.

Gotta love social justice....LOL

Old 05-30-2014, 03:23 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How is he a winner?

He was forced to sell an asset.

If he WANTED to sell it, he still would have made the money.

So, no, I don't see him as a winner of any sort.

An asset that more than likely was not to appreciate significantly past 2 billion in his short time left on the planet.

So yea.....WIN

Old 05-30-2014, 03:30 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Ballmer would be stupid to move the team. Still, a guy can dream.
They won't move the team to a much smaller market. LA is starved for sports teams, and the Clippers have become a huge draw.

I forecasted last month that Sterling would come out of this smelling like a rose. He will also be adding plenty of lawsuits against the exposers of the tape.

I wonder if he'll settle, or own TMZ. That'll be interesting.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They won't move the team to a much smaller market. LA is starved for sports teams, and the Clippers have become a huge draw.

I forecasted last month that Sterling would come out of this smelling like a rose. He will also be adding plenty of lawsuits against the exposers of the tape.

I wonder if he'll settle, or own TMZ. That'll be interesting.
Aside from Sterling a bunch of lawyers are going to be so happy, the soon to be ex wife will be happy as well as their kids.

Who cares about that team so much. The Sterlings may have cared a lot but when you get treated this way while many players have mis behaved in NBA, not just on this team and not being punished like Sterling then who cares about NBA anymore.

Good luck to the next person who gets taped and says anything wrong...

Even bad publicity is free publicity and this proofs again that is very true!

Old 05-30-2014, 05:24 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If that is true that will be too funny..sorry but the over the top and fast decision the NBA made about an illegally taped person in their private home made me sick....even though the remarks are horrific it is a private person who I believe when he stated he was jealous and just a dumb old fool.

How many times have we heard black people making remarks on tape about white people.

As a Jewish person I have heard it all and they often say" grow some balls" and even though racism is sad and foolish I believe that this PC is only making things worse.

I just watched the taped version if the Don Rickles tribute and a lot of racists remarks were shown by all kind of people in a funny way and everyone laughed.

We should laugh more about dumb remarks from people and not take everything so serious.
It was not the fans the league was trying to appease, it was the players. It's hard to have NBA games if the players boycott playing them, which was threatened. The league was forced to get rid of this man.

That someone would pay this much for this mediocre team is astounding. A recent poll found Sterling to be the most disliked man in America. He doesn't need money at his age, he can't spend a fraction of it.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
I don't do sports and really couldn't care less about Sterling, his incredibly ugly and stupid lover, or anything about this story.

But when I saw that bald-headed, floppy-eared Silver weinie sternly say he was banning Sterling for life, yada yada yada, I laughed out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies