Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 08:25 AM

741 posts, read 764,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wonder about that tape....we will see in the future what will come from that and how others will have to deal with perhaps a similar thing if this is going to be allowed.
The NBA, and professional sports generally ... will struggle with how to deal similarly with comments team owners make. The NBA over-reacted and will regret what it did and is doing in response to what, on balance, was a relatively insignificant remark made in private between a man and the woman he pays to have sex with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
I guarantee you he couldn't care less about winning a championship. He was very good friends with Jerry Buss and Jerry Buss had to go into the tax penalty to win rings. Judging by Sterlings body of work in 30 years as an owner...he wanted no part of that whatsoever.

The guy did not like basketball...

The team was a business. It was his franchise. Like Starbucks #1 or Starbucks #30 is just a # to Magic.

bs. he went out and spent the money because he wanted a championship. he couldve told the gm not to go after chris paul or resign blake griffin, but he spent over 200 mill combined on both of those guys long term contracts alone.

he wanted a championship which is why he also spent so much on doc rivers.

losing this team, and his credibility, and his reputation are far worse then whatever he'll get from this sale.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:33 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
bs. he went out and spent the money because he wanted a championship. he couldve told the gm not to go after chris paul or resign blake griffin, but he spent over 200 mill combined on both of those guys long term contracts alone.

he wanted a championship which is why he also spent so much on doc rivers.

losing this team, and his credibility, and his reputation are far worse then whatever he'll get from this sale.
Maybe as a last gasp effort after driving his team into the ground for 30+ years he figured he would give it a run.

Why not?

You are acting like this was a passion of his. It wasn't. The numbers are very much against you.

It's very amusing how much some people delude themselves because they want to see this man hurting LOL. He couldn't care less about his credibility. This is a dude who had the hammer brought down on him and his obnoxious habits a few times in the past.

I don't know what makes you think his reputation are any worse off than it has been...it's been in the toilet forever. And furthermore, why you would think he cares.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
umm... he could have sold at any time if it was about the money.

You guys act like that 2 Billion will cure his cancer.

Billionaires don't care about another Billion or 2... they want power. Sterling was stripped of his team.

He will probably fight this sale because Billionaires HATE to be told what to do. This is why he was damn near in tears when his mistress defended Magic.
Exactly. People act like making all this money at 81 is what matters to this guy. It isn't.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:36 AM

What is running a basketball franchise @ 81? After doing it for 30 years.

What is the significance?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:36 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
It's very amusing how much some people delude themselves because they want to see this man hurting LOL. He couldn't care less about his credibility. This is a dude who had the hammer brought down on him and his obnoxious habits a few times in the past.

I don't know what makes you think his reputation are any worse off than it has been...it's been in the toilet forever. And furthermore, why you would think he cares.
You act like you have special insight into this man, how he feels, and what matters to him.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You act like you have special insight into this man, how he feels, and what matters to him.
No....common sense tells you all you need to know.

The man has a colorful history of saying insensitive things. Did that stop him?

No, it didn't. If that is "caring about your credibility and reputation"....then please show me what ISN'T caring about it.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
...Why did the Clippers sell for nearly 4 times the amount of the single largest NBA franchise acquisition in the history of the NBA.....which transpired only a few weeks ago???
The market.

It's up to you to show how "the scandal" inflated the price of the sale.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The market.

It's up to you to show how "the scandal" inflated the price of the sale.
No, it's not up to me...because *I* didn't explicitly make that claim. I said it was a "reasonable guess" just as the market being a reasonable guess. I think it has to do with both of those factors.

However, I can prove NEITHER ONE.

Market undoubtedly drives up the price of a franchise. But it is not the only factor. If you are dismissing everything else...then YOU must prove that market, and market alone, caused that much of a price disparity between two NBA franchises.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
2 billion dollars.......courtside seats........2 BILLION DOLLARS hmmmmm.....courtside seats...

What do you think matters to the old school Jew?

Hint: it isn't courtside seats.

Do you see what happened here? Sterling got paid 2 billion dollars for being a bigot lol.

This dude worked Black America into a foaming mouth frenzy....then as the angry mob were about to raise their hands in victory, in the blink of an eye, Sterling pocketed thousands of Black American Dreams.

He bought the team for 12 million dollars.......

Trust me, he is laughing. He is in happy tears.

Gotta love social justice....LOL
2 billion to a guy that is already a multi billionaire doesn't really matter much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies